Author Topic: Ne1 watchn' dat debate ?  (Read 4157 times)

Offline BrickParade

Re: Ne1 watchn' dat debate ?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 21:07:51 »
as politics it's incoherent but as entertainment it's pretty funny

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 21:32:14 »
I've decided to keep my blood pressure low by trying to set up some FEA for work in NX....
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 21:43:30 »
Tp4 is in the camp, they're ALL bad guys, fighting over who gets to oppress us, -the little guys-.

Buhh.. What do y'all think,  who won the debate <mechanically speaking> ??

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 21:58:24 »
Tp.. you confused debate with **** show.. I didn't watch the whole thing, but Biden 'won' the debate just by telling trump to shut up..
edit: I add a lot of double periods. must be an extra long month..  ;D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 21:59:38 »
For me there's no choice here, so it's pointless to watch a debate if you already are 100% on your candidate. There is literally nothing Trump can do or say at this point to ever get my vote over pretty much any candidate either party could throw into the ring.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 22:06:33 »
For me there's no choice here, so it's pointless to watch a debate if you already are 100% on your candidate. There is literally nothing Trump can do or say at this point to ever get my vote over pretty much any candidate either party could throw into the ring.

<not saying this could happen but>

What if Trump actually mailed everyone another $1200, and guarantee further $1200 a month for 12 months ?

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 22:08:21 »

What if Trump actually mailed everyone another $1200, and guarantee further $1200 a month for 12 months ?

ha.. I know this question is directed toward noisy, but no way it's just money I'd rather work a second job then get free money from a bad person.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 22:25:18 »
ha.. I know this question is directed toward noisy, but no way it's just money I'd rather work a second job then get free money from a bad person.

buh.. buh... $1200+ $1200 x 12 =    11x RTX3090. 

or   4x  77inch LG Cx Oled.

or  0.5x Tesla :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 22:37:30 »

I'd take the money and still vote against him. It changes nothing about how he has made the US an absolute laughing stock globally, set all sorts of progression back by decades, has made a complete mockery of US law and consequences, unnecessarily killed thousands by poorly handling the COVID pandemic, and has somehow caused bigots to surface nationwide like so many earthworms after a storm.

But yeah I'd take the money. The government is supposed to work for me, not against me.

watched a few clips; Biden's an ineffectual doofus, but that beats a destructive force by all measures. What a sad state we're in. Hopefully Biden surrounds himself with some effective people.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2020, 22:43:29 by noisyturtle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 22:44:45 »
I'd take the money and still vote against him.

When is , the Art of the Vote by NoisyTurtle coming out ?

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 22:48:56 »

I'd take the money and still vote against him. It changes nothing about how he has made the US an absolute laughing stock globally, set all sorts of progression back by decades, has made a complete mockery of US law and consequences, unnecessarily killed thousands by poorly handling the COVID pandemic, and has somehow caused bigots to surface nationwide like so many earthworms after a storm.

But yeah I'd take the money. The government is supposed to work for me, not against me.

I understand wanting to take the money, but there are consequences to giving everyone in America 11xRTC309o. We print money with only the federal reserve backing it and I don't think the federal reserve is a federal entity. Print enough money and we'll end up like Venezuela, burning dollars to keep warm.. buy crypto.

Getting off topic, tho

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 22:53:32 »
I understand wanting to take the money, but there are consequences to giving everyone in America 11xRTC309o. We print money with only the federal reserve backing it and I don't think the federal reserve is a federal entity. Print enough money and we'll end up like Venezuela, burning dollars to keep warm..

It's a little different, we can print indefinitely as long as we can maintain a technological lead, whereby other countries will have to buy something from us and ONLY us. 

However, such lead is impossible to maintain given an aging population and <general hedonist public ideology>. So,  you are right to be worried about overprinting. I only want to point out that the numerical debt is not itself the problem.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 23:05:23 »
I understand wanting to take the money, but there are consequences to giving everyone in America 11xRTC309o. We print money with only the federal reserve backing it and I don't think the federal reserve is a federal entity. Print enough money and we'll end up like Venezuela, burning dollars to keep warm..

It's a little different, we can print indefinitely as long as we can maintain a technological lead, whereby other countries will have to buy something from us and ONLY us. 

However, such lead is impossible to maintain given an aging population and <general hedonist public ideology>. So,  you are right to be worried about overprinting. I only want to point out that the numerical debt is not itself the problem.

You're not wrong.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 23:08:19 »

I understand wanting to take the money, but there are consequences to giving everyone in America 11xRTC309o. We print money with only the federal reserve backing it and I don't think the federal reserve is a federal entity. Print enough money and we'll end up like Venezuela, burning dollars to keep warm.. buy crypto.

Getting off topic, tho

at the risk of drifting further off topic

people are saying BTC could hit $100k and I still think it's mainly prostitution and drugs, but sure do regret selling when they were $2k. never thought it would last this long.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 23:30:28 »

Getting off topic, tho

at the risk of drifting further off topic

people are saying BTC could hit $100k and I still think it's mainly prostitution and drugs, but sure do regret selling when they were $2k. never thought it would last this long.

Drugs and prostitution built America, invest in the future

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 23:50:14 »

Absolutely agree. I see no reason to have a debate. There's no way in hell that a pool of people, undecided about who they wanted to vote for, sat down and watched that disgraceful event and came out with a firm decision. 

Offline yui

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 00:47:00 »
2 elections in a row where both candidates are bad choices, you lucky bunch. if only the populous could vote for a smaller party... (to be fair i am seeing all of that from the outside, so no stakes to me)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 00:58:22 »
2 elections in a row where both candidates are bad choices, you lucky bunch. if only the populous could vote for a smaller party... (to be fair i am seeing all of that from the outside, so no stakes to me)

the two party system really is the root of the problem. it forces people to adopt extremist views.

Offline ergonaut

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 01:10:49 »
It’s only a two party system as long as people keep voting for those two parties.

Offline yui

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 01:24:31 »
it is why i said "if only the populous could vote for a smaller party." you are not in a bi-party system, there are plenty more parties to choose from, just that in the whole history of the USA the richest one was pretty much always the winner... from what i have read into it at least. and i can say with confidence that France ain't much better. we got close to getting the 3rd Reich in place 3 times now, but hey only ever got close.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 09:39:59 »
I didn't watch the **** show, but found it more entertaining to see everyone else's reactions to it.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 20:11:07 »
Oh man, the moderator being a woman is a HUGE disadvantage for Kamala H,   

One universal constant is that Women h8 Other-Women more than anything else in existence....

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 20:20:21 »
Pence  lying skillz = 999.  he's clearly got 0x Jesus despite claims to the contrary.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 20:24:07 »
Ok, so far so good,  the moderator is relatively tame.  But Harris needs to fight harder, a bit more aggression wouldn't hurt

Why are neither of them answering the damn question

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 20:45:57 »
Finally we see why pence is vice president, he's a way better actor than trump.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 21:19:09 »
There is a fly on pence's head. HAHAHAH... it's so big. like gigantic.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 21:26:08 »
Pence physically looks like Putin w/ more hair.

Clearly, he's a russian Putin Clone designed to infiltrate and destroy america.. / Conspiracy..

Hahahaha. just kidding, but he does look like putin.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 21:41:53 »
Ooo.f...  Tp4 feels the need to go buy cigarettes after watching that..  See if AI took over the world,  Tp4 would be able to get Drone Delivery of a pack of smokes. Marlboro red, unfiltered..  mmmhmm...

Overall, I'd say nothing got done.

Um.... To the American people, another 4 years of Trump,  In TRUTH, Tp4 dunt believe it'll make a significant difference, not because of politics,   but because poor people like you and I are NOT on the ballot.   

One rich person beats another rich person, Ok,  in the end, they screw the poor.

Obama gave as much of our tax dollars to The military industrial as any other president.   Maybe some politicians have better base ideologies,   IN THE END,   it's an oligarchy.. 

That said,  If in the event that This is NOT a simulation we live in,  Y'all wanna wear a raincoat, or vote by mail. vvvv

https://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/vote-by-mail.shtml

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 10:32:04 »
Pretty obvious that the fly won

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 20:00:26 »
Is there a divider, it don' look like there is. ?

is it virtual ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 20:05:01 »
final ? thought there were gonna be 1 more

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 20:05:55 »
Why does Trump keep saying it is the best economy when this year has been literally the worst economy in US history? What is he talking about.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 20:06:55 »
Why does Trump keep saying it is the best economy when this year has been literally the worst economy in US history? What is he talking about.

LOLOL,  all republicans are saying that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 20:18:47 »
Biden very strong today.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 20:35:23 »

What is he talking about?

Same as always. Random neurons firing.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 20:39:33 »
After losing, Drumpf will be doo-doo on a stick. He will want to leave the country, but who will have him?
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 20:49:59 »
So really, the problem is,  our country has too many people too-uninformed  to vote ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 21:12:30 »
nobody has done more for the black people than donald trump, except maybe abraham lincoln ?

he said this,  this is a sentence, said by donald trump.   

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 21:15:29 »
nobody has done more for the black people than donald trump, except maybe abraham lincoln ?

he said this,  this is a sentence, said by donald trump.   

Yeah, he's said it multiple times.  :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 21:18:33 »
LOL,  Drumph just said,   I am the least person in this room.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 21:22:08 »

too-uninformed

De-educated and mis-informed. 4 decades of dismantling the public education system and systematic re-programming have taken their toll.

Hopefully, this time the majority of voters have awakened and we can begin to rebuild our society.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 21:35:06 »
He's like a child ,  i know you are but what am I

Man let's hope russia doesn't hack our machines too hard this year.

Everyone get to the polls.