Author Topic: 300,000 Peeps go Bleerrarch..  (Read 1494 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
300,000 Peeps go Bleerrarch..
« on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 08:40:03 »
How do you guys feel about this ?

I mean, I thought people would take 100,000 seriously, then thought, well 200,000 it's serious,  but now we're almost at 300,000..

/maximum head scratch..  And no one goes to jail for this,  because as that raincoat guy in Arnold's Last Action Hero said: " In this world the bad guys win. "

Offline yui

Re: 300,000 Peeps go Bleerrarch..
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 09:20:07 »
the worse you are the more money you have, the more money you have the more control, so yeah extrem capitalism is perfect and has no flaw whatsoever and especially not a huge loophole allowing a few peoples to pump everyone else dry...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 10:53:30 »
Don't get me wrong, the incompetence is staggering.  However, the issue with no one going to jail is how to you tie direct responsiblity to something that is not legally clear.

If you watch a person get in a car and drive off without a seat belt while texting, are you responsible for their death?  Morally, maybe so.  Legally, not really.

Are people forced to work in places where they contract covid because they need money to pay rent and buy food?  Probably.  But how do you prove someone in leadership directly led to that death?  Voting is the answer.  As long as votes still count.  Not sure on that yet.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 October 2020, 10:55:31 by pixelpusher »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 10:58:27 »
Don't get me wrong, the incompetence is staggering.  However, the issue with no one going to jail is how to you tie direct responsiblity to something that is not legally clear.

If you watch a person get in a car and drive off without a seat belt while texting, are you responsible for their death?  Morally, maybe so.  Legally, not really.

Are people forced to work in places where they contract covid because they need money to pay rent and buy food?  Probably.  But how do you prove someone in leadership directly led to that death?  Voting is the answer.  As long as votes still count.  Not sure on that yet.

There is such a thing as criminal negligence.  Will the rich and powerful get away with it, prolly,  sigh.. idk america, if there was ever a time for class action.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 11:09:31 »

There is such a thing as criminal negligence.  Will the rich and powerful get away with it, prolly,  sigh.. idk america, if there was ever a time for class action.

Yes, but... There is absolutely no way to prove in court how you contracted an airborne virus.  They know this.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 13:12:49 »
Well guess they figured this was the thinning of the herd they wanted, more than likely they didn't expect it to work so well.  And yes they are definitely getting away with it, so far.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 16:12:53 »
It's the same **** that reflects Trump's hardcore base. You'd think after 4 years of this ****, and I believe at least people on both sides can agree the last two have been very bad in the US, that it would change everyone's mind but no. People are stubborn and willing to literally die for what they believe in, and that is what we are seeing. Unfortunately they are also catching many innocents in their crossfire.

The kind of person who would physically attack or verbally accost a minimum wage worker who is simply doing their job to enforce mask restrictions during a pandemic where 300k people have died in less than a year, that is a bad kind of person. That is the kind of person that is actively making the world a worse place with every day they sabotage the planet they live on.

Maybe there should be a law to charge these people with something like attempted murder. Like that lady who coughed on everyone on the plane yelling "Everyone dies!"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 17:15:59 »
I'm sorry, but what is "Bleerrarch"?
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline yui

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 01:22:59 »
People are stubborn and willing to literally die for what they believe in
to be honest i'd rather die for something i believe in than something i despise, and think i would be ready to die for the greater good, not for the rich and wealthy though.
The kind of person who would physically attack or verbally accost a minimum wage worker who is simply doing their job to enforce mask restrictions during a pandemic where 300k people have died in less than a year, that is a bad kind of person. That is the kind of person that is actively making the world a worse place with every day they sabotage the planet they live on.
i kinda feel like those should be either charged with attempted murder or bio terrorism, but that is my mask wearer opinion.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)