Author Topic: Record Youth Voters  (Read 1809 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Record Youth Voters
« on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 17:19:03 »
They dun' tell you who these Youths are votn' for though ??

Any thoughts?   Are these maganazi youths or... gud'guy youths ??

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Record Youth Voters
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 17:53:26 »
Silly youth you can't vote for Mountain Dew and TikTok

Offline jamster

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 21:59:17 »
Silly youth you can't vote for Mountain Dew and TikTok

Don't know about Mountain Dew, but this election is so crazy that you probably can vote for Tik Tok via proxy.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 00:45:58 »
Why start voting?  Because you don't like what's happening.  Young people don't like being laughed at and are online so surely know that's what's happening on a daily basis.

That or crazy trump fans are coercing their children to vote, or going twice (not sure how/if your IDs are checked, they basically aren't here)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 05:08:09 »
I hope that it is young people who have seen where the country is heading, and feel that it is important to vote if they are going to live under any sorts of reasonable conditions in the future.
🍉

Offline yui

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 05:37:38 »
what is it with the US and bad presidents, you had a decent run with Obama but then 2 election where both sides are actually terrible, well i should not talk too much, same here last election... even Kayne West would be better than Trump though
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 06:12:26 »
even Kayne West would be better than Trump though

hard disagree

Offline yui

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 06:27:05 »
even Kayne West would be better than Trump though

hard disagree
well they both think of themselves way too highly, neither are at all quantified for the job, but at least one is not senile and can sometimes even make decent music
so for me the balance goes on one side pretty heavily :)
(and if i was not clear i am not telling anyone to go vote Kayne, that would be very stupid as he can't win, and either way i am not in the US so you do you)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 06:40:32 »

what is it with the US and bad presidents

Republicans get control and wreck everything, people get scared and elect Democrats to fix it, then voters get complacent and let the Republicans back in.

The cycle has been going on for a century, the only real exception was Eisenhower.

"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 06:43:56 »

Republicans get control and wreck everything, people get scared and elect Democrats to fix it, then voters get complacent and let the Republicans back in.

The cycle has been going on for a century, the only real exception was Eisenhower.

The problem isn't Demo v Repub.  It's the business interest they represent.  Capitalism is the problem.

Both sides run businesses which panders to hedonism and damages the population.

Offline yui

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 07:07:51 »

The problem isn't Demo v Repub.  It's the business interest they represent.  Capitalism is the problem.

the only issue is that i am not sure communism is actually better, i do actually think that the problem is that the power have shifted away from the peoples and so is corrupt, can happen in any economies... bit for **** sake the US is the example to not follow for sure, it seems that the whole system was built from the ground up to allow corruption to run but also hide it just enough so that it is not too obvious (huge loopholes in the rules to prevent corruption from what i have read).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 08:48:14 »

the only issue is that i am not sure communism is actually better, i do actually think that the problem is that the power have shifted away from the peoples and so is corrupt, can happen in any economies... bit for **** sake the US is the example to not follow for sure, it seems that the whole system was built from the ground up to allow corruption to run but also hide it just enough so that it is not too obvious (huge loopholes in the rules to prevent corruption from what i have read).

In principle, communism is better, but hughmahns do not possess the discipline and omniscience necessary to actuate societal communism.

At the very least, we have a clear goal as a society.   We need AI leadership.

Offline yui

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 09:03:47 »
a free AI could help, but there is no guarantees, a corporate founded and controlled AI (what we are going towards having) will enslave us all but a very few controlling it, so as i see it kinda like a pocket knife with a zweihänder as the handle...