Author Topic: Fav p0wr t00l ?  (Read 2446 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Fav p0wr t00l ?
« on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 09:53:41 »
Tp4 goes with 10" Miter saw.  Pretty much can't get nothing done without it.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Fav p0wr t00l ?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 11:01:41 »
I don't remember the last job I did without using my 'Dremel' (which is actully made by black and decker) so that would have to be my choice, though it is no substitute for a big saw.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 11:38:49 »
I built speakers and furniture as a hobby.  My most valuable tool is the plunge router and its accessories. 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 12:28:27 »
My cordless drill gets far more use than any of my other tools.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 13:20:53 »
I built speakers and furniture as a hobby.  My most valuable tool is the plunge router and its accessories. 

I've found that I use the router table for just about everything. Haven't taken it off for years.

I don't remember the last job I did without using my 'Dremel' (which is actully made by black and decker) so that would have to be my choice, though it is no substitute for a big saw.

Buh. why not dat Foredom !!!!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 13:36:10 »
Buh. why not dat Foredom !!!!
Because a young orange with a small budget bought a tool to do a job and that tool still works perfectly many jobs later.  When it needs replacing I will no doubt look at expensive (and better in ways I probably wont appreciate as an amateur) options and spend more than I need to but hopefully not anytime soon :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 14:17:51 »
there are better 18" chainsaws out there, but the Poulan Wild Thing is my fav for obvious reasons

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 14:32:40 »
there are better 18" chainsaws out there, but the Poulan Wild Thing is my fav for obvious reasons
Show Image

Tp4 owns 2 chainsaws now, 1 dewalt electric and 1 echo gas,  rarely use them though.

Use the dewalt blower all the time though.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 15:02:19 »
Show Image

Tp4 owns 2 chainsaws now, 1 dewalt electric and 1 echo gas,  rarely use them though.

Use the dewalt blower all the time though.

when the zombo apocalypse happens you can replace both your hands, just be careful going to the bathroom

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 15:09:23 »
If we're considering unpractical tool, I'll throw in a unused Not A Flamethrower.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 15:31:38 »
Oh boy... my favorite? Lathe?

Although the most commonly used "power tool" would easily be a ultrasonic cleaner (and the most useful too), followed by maybe the pivot polishing machine? The lathe is mainly used to make brass/bronze bearings for clocks in case a fitting one is not already available (they can be purchased in sets, ready to use). But the lathe is certainly the most fun to work with.

The electric bench drill also comes in handy very often. And I guess if I consider an ultrasonic cleaner a power tool, then so would be a timegrapher.

If you want to consider electric light to be a "power tool", including flashlights, then that would take first place.

...But Ill tell you about another fun power tool, which even beats the lathe. Pressure washer!
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 July 2021, 15:43:58 by Olumin »

Offline yui

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 01:45:04 »
my favorite, if you count it may be my 3d printer, if you do not i usually steer away from powertools for fear of annoying the neighbor with the noise... i hate bothering peoples, so by extension kinda hate powertools.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Coreda

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 20:54:00 »
Ctrl+F'd on multiple pages and then on your profile without luck to re-discover this topic before seeing both 'power' and 'tool' were leet-ified. tp's topics with the native anti-SEO protection :p

Would have to be the impact driver. Powerful, variable speed and torque for screw removal and insertion (and without sending any of the torque rotation through the handle like drills), compact, get a high capacity battery and it'll last ages between charges. Big fan.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 July 2021, 20:55:51 by Coreda »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 21:03:01 »
Ctrl+F'd on multiple pages and then on your profile without luck to re-discover this topic before seeing both 'power' and 'tool' were leet-ified. tp's topics with the native anti-SEO protection :p

Would have to be the impact driver. Powerful, variable speed and torque for screw removal and insertion (and without sending any of the torque rotation through the handle like drills), compact, get a high capacity battery and it'll last ages between charges. Big fan.

Tp4 haz the dewal impact drill, almost never use it though, it's sooooo heavy and it twists your whole hand if you held it loosely.

Honestly, 2 P0wr 4 eryday.  Tp pretty much sticks wit the vanilla, it's smaller/lighter.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 07:44:47 »
I would say my Snap-On 18v 1/4 and 3/8's cordless impacts are my favorite - also my Dremel's are on that list of favorite power tools.  Other than that the majority of what I still have from my automotive tech days are my wrenches and other various hand tools and scanners/circuit testers.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D