Author Topic: Pressing one side of the spacebar?  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Fluxiantor

Pressing one side of the spacebar?
« on: Sat, 07 April 2012, 20:09:23 »
I own the Razer BWU, and when I type I press the spacebar with my left thumb. When I type, I press the spacebar down on the left hand side. On my previous, rubber dome keyboard, the spacebar eventually became wobbly due to this and wobbled from side to side. Will this same thing happen due to pressing more on one side of the space key?

Offline Exort

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 April 2012, 20:46:06 »
It shouldn't. All type of common mech board have proper support under the keys.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 April 2012, 21:05:00 »
Quote from: Fluxiantor;570218
I own the Razer BWU, and when I type I press the spacebar with my left thumb. When I type, I press the spacebar down on the left hand side. On my previous, rubber dome keyboard, the spacebar eventually became wobbly due to this and wobbled from side to side. Will this same thing happen due to pressing more on one side of the space key?

Make sure to use lithium grease for smooth presses

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 07 April 2012, 21:34:49 »
In my experience, the BWU has piss-poor stabilizers. You can expect the inserts to come out of the keycap at some point. When that happens, just pop some glue or something inside the slots for the insert and you should be good to go.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 April 2012, 01:32:50 »
Quote from: daerid;570283
In my experience, the BWU has piss-poor stabilizers. You can expect the inserts to come out of the keycap at some point. When that happens, just pop some glue or something inside the slots for the insert and you should be good to go.

ooof, Harsh....

But, yea, just put a little piece of tape on the cross stem of the stabilizer inserts if that's the cause.

You could pop the cap off and take some pictures, that'd help us help you diagnose.