Author Topic: CM Storm Quick Fire Pro - Keys not working?  (Read 16519 times)

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
CM Storm Quick Fire Pro - Keys not working?
« on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 20:54:12 »
Has anyone had any issues with this keyboard and keys not working? I just got one and the ALT keys don't work at all any ideas why its not working? Tried on multiple PCs so its not just one PC.

Offline boredgunner

• GND-Tech
Re: CM Storm Quick Fire Pro - Keys not working?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 21:49:27 »
Contact customer support.  Sounds like you may have to RMA.
Ducky Shine II TKL (Green LED, Cherry MX Red) | Leopold FC210TP (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 14:03:06 »
yeah already called for an RMA just wanted to see if anyone else had had this issue.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 18:45:38 »
I'll say again, when you buy an iOne made keyboard, same guys that made the dreaded Black Widow, You'll get mega r4ped up the ass every single time.

I've had 2 broken black widows, and one working one with sticky spacebar because of the design flaw in that the stabilizer is missing a notch.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 18:51:25 »
The Quickfire Pro I bought wobbled when I typed on it.  Also it doesn't work well in the BIOS in NKRO, and doesn't support PS/2 at all.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 22:10:53 »
The Quickfire Pro I bought wobbled when I typed on it.  Also it doesn't work well in the BIOS in NKRO, and doesn't support PS/2 at all.

My new mobo doesn't have ps/2, I teared up a bit, because it was non-refundable. sigh......

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 14:00:15 »
I'll say again, when you buy an iOne made keyboard, same guys that made the dreaded Black Widow, You'll get mega r4ped up the ass every single time.

I've had 2 broken black widows, and one working one with sticky spacebar because of the design flaw in that the stabilizer is missing a notch.
Good thing CM is going away from iOne.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 15:31:23 »
Well said... I owned a CM Storm QF Pro for less than 24 hours before returning it. I thought I was getting a full deck version of the CM QF Rapid. I'm no expert, but I noticed that just like the rebranded Xarmor I got from Monoprice during their 10-year anniversary sale, I couldn't replace the spacebar w/ a WASD space bar, it doesn't fit unless you remove the alt keys. The ports on the back are placed exactly the same as on the Monoprice board. Other issues included that I couldn't wake the computer from sleep w/ the keyboard and the keyboard doesn't support ps2 at all. I too am glad that CM is backing away from Ione.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline Deekin

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 15:39:27 »
I tried a CM storm QF "PRO" at some friends house and to me it looked like some dumb plastic keyboard, aka a iOne keyboard.
I didnt like it to say the least. It felt cheap, looked cheap and had this really dumb backlit option with kind of the half keyboard lit. I mean who the f*ck wants a HALF lit keyboard?
Such a stupid move and decision really. I know they have the Trigger and its fully backlit as a option. But either you make a backlit keyboard thats is really FULLY backlit or a keyboard that isnt.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 16:01:35 »
The Storm Rapid is a great board. Well built and excellent value for money, and then they always ruin it by later releasing the pro elite full gamer version. -_-

Also, 100 posts! W00P!
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 17:20:07 »
The Storm Rapid is a great board. Well built and excellent value for money, and then they always ruin it by later releasing the pro elite full gamer version. -_-

Also, 100 posts! W00P!

Congrats. :)
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 22:12:15 »
Cooler Master Storm Quickfire Rapid Elite Gamer Pro Special Enhanced Edition Plus
Features:
  • Enlarged rubberized gaming cluster keys for ultimate control
  • 4.05” touch screen able to run widget apps including: Twitter, Facebook, Game Timer, and more
  • 5 levels of back lighting with new strobe mode
  • Cooling fan built into keyboard
  • Nonslip UltraGrip handles for easy transportation to your LAN party
  • 64KB on-board memory stores five unique user profiles
  • Audio-Out / Mic-In Jacks
  • Four high-speed, powered USB 2.0 ports
  • On-The-Fly Macro Recording & Profiles allow Effortless Configuration

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 00:21:53 »
Cooler Master Storm Quickfire Rapid Elite Gamer Pro Special Enhanced Edition Plus
Features:
  • Enlarged rubberized gaming cluster keys for ultimate control
  • 4.05” touch screen able to run widget apps including: Twitter, Facebook, Game Timer, and more
  • 5 levels of back lighting with new strobe mode
  • Cooling fan built into keyboard
  • Nonslip UltraGrip handles for easy transportation to your LAN party
  • 64KB on-board memory stores five unique user profiles
  • Audio-Out / Mic-In Jacks
  • Four high-speed, powered USB 2.0 ports
  • On-The-Fly Macro Recording & Profiles allow Effortless Configuration
That'd have to be the Fabergé edition to include that many useful features. And it'd put Madcatz to shame. I nominate the name be changed to "Cooler Master Storm Quickfire Rapid Elite Gamer Pro Fabergé Special Enhanced Edition Plus"

Offline Smallville

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 21:57:37 »
This thread worries me. I literally placed an order for one of these about 10 minutes ago

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 22:54:51 »
This thread worries me. I literally placed an order for one of these about 10 minutes ago

The place I returned mine at wanted to charge me 15% restocking fee plus original shipping plus return shipping.  I forced them to give me a return shipping label, then put it in dispute with Paypal and Paypal gave me a full refund since the product was defective.

Offline cincinnati_jack

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 08:22:42 »
My CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid is going back today after 5 mouth, the left ALT button stopped working, i can't do the three fingers salute with my left hand (I am left handed).

Did the Live Chat with Cooler Master Customer Service and they gave me eRMA without any question, asked them is this problem was fixed in the current production, they said that there is no design problem with the left ALT button that they know off.