Author Topic: Gaming with Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000  (Read 1383 times)

Offline nervx

Gaming with Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000
« on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 05:21:53 »
Has anyone used the keyboard in this set for gaming? i dont care about the mouse but i would like to know if the keyboard sometimes lags, drops key presses or if certain key combos dont work.

I really like the ergo design and built in palm rest this keyboard has since i move the keyboard around a lot. I was also looking at the sidewinder x4 but the door stop shaped palm rest looks useless.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Gaming with Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 10:25:19 »
Wired is "orders of magnitude" less laggy' than wireless. This is fact.

Wireless can "feel" less laggy if the poll rate is extremely high, such as the G700 Mouse, however the high poll rate kills the battery quite quickly.

As far as keyboard goes, You definitely do NOT want wireless, because there are currently NO keyboards that poll higher than 125hz standard usb rate, over wireless. And the usb rate override rate change drivers don't work on wireless keyboards, because it has to be setup to transmit at higher than 125hz, which can only be don't by the manufacturer.

Offline nervx

Re: Gaming with Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 20:54:26 »
i'll be using usb either way since my motherboard doesnt have ps/2 and i have no plans to change the usb hz rate. if they're both limited to 125hz i cant see it making much difference under optimal conditions. however if the 5000 starts dropping inputs or falling behind where theres a delay then a bunch of text comes really fast that would be a concern which is why i want to know how reliable it is in that regard.