Author Topic: Problems with Noppoo Choc Mini?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline caffeine

Problems with Noppoo Choc Mini?
« on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 02:45:15 »
I've had my Noppoo for awhile now and I love its size as a portable keyboard to accompany my laptop, but there's something wrong that I'm really bothered by.

The other day, I plugged it in and it just didn't work. Seriously. Before, it was mostly okay - it seemed to be dropping keystrokes and there was this one really weird instance where it completely freaked out and ended up nearly deleting an entire Word document before I unplugged it, though I thought it was more of an issue with my laptop since that thing has already been screwing up on me.

But now, I plug it in anywhere and it doesn't work. I just tried on a completely different machine and the machine doesn't even detect it. None of the keys are working, and pressing any of the lock keys doesn't turn any of the lights on. Sometimes when I plug it in, though, the caps lock, scroll lock, and num lock lights will all turn on and stay on, but otherwise, when I plug it in, nothing happens.

Any idea what's wrong? Better yet, any idea how to possibly fix it? I love this keyboard and I really don't want it to be serious.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Problems with Noppoo Choc Mini?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 02:50:59 »
I've had my Noppoo for awhile now and I love its size as a portable keyboard to accompany my laptop, but there's something wrong that I'm really bothered by.

The other day, I plugged it in and it just didn't work. Seriously. Before, it was mostly okay - it seemed to be dropping keystrokes and there was this one really weird instance where it completely freaked out and ended up nearly deleting an entire Word document before I unplugged it, though I thought it was more of an issue with my laptop since that thing has already been screwing up on me.

But now, I plug it in anywhere and it doesn't work. I just tried on a completely different machine and the machine doesn't even detect it. None of the keys are working, and pressing any of the lock keys doesn't turn any of the lights on. Sometimes when I plug it in, though, the caps lock, scroll lock, and num lock lights will all turn on and stay on, but otherwise, when I plug it in, nothing happens.

Any idea what's wrong? Better yet, any idea how to possibly fix it? I love this keyboard and I really don't want it to be serious.

LOL.... calm down, what are ya a women?

Probably the cord, solder the wire directly to the board. it's VERY unlikely that the chips/board's been damaged since there isn't a whole lot of power going through such a device.

If that fixes the issue, you could purchase a New usb port and solder that onto the board.

If you don't have a soldering iron/ soldering experience, this is the perfect opportunity to man up  :))

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 14:22:35 »
Just wondering is this board plate mounted or pbc?
SmallFry! <3

Offline peachesenregalia

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 14:28:52 »
Pretty sure they're plate mounted.
Good feeling of oneness.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 14:32:53 »
Pretty sure they're plate mounted.

Aww, is there a review somewhere? I'd like to see what people like to say about this board. It is quite cheap so I was wondering if it would be worth it.
SmallFry! <3

Offline peachesenregalia

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 14:37:53 »
Yeah, it's been pretty extensively reviewed. Just search the forum, or google. It's simpler than me directing you to various reviews.
Good feeling of oneness.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 15:06:49 »
Yeah, it's been pretty extensively reviewed. Just search the forum, or google. It's simpler than me directing you to various reviews.
Alright thanks do you own one? It does look nice to me but I have seen some critics on youtube.
SmallFry! <3