Author Topic: Ducky YOTD - Cherry stablizer.  (Read 1915 times)

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
Ducky YOTD - Cherry stablizer.
« on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 14:34:44 »
Hey peeps. I decided to remove my space bar to clean under it and check if the POM spacebar I had would fit (Sadly it won't, not even after removing the extra stems in it  :() and when I was removing it, the stablizer stem things seemed to be sticking out too far on the left hand side and it was crooked, so I pushed it back in and now both stems are completely flat where they sit, I was wondering, is this how they are meant to be, or are they meant to be at the same level as the switch stem? The keyboard is working fine, but now it seems so easy to remove. I am probably just being paranoid about it, but thought I would ask here just to make sure. 
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Ducky YOTD - Cherry stablizer.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 15:14:01 »
The stabilizer doesn't have a spring like the switch.  It relies on the switch and keycap to pull the stabilizer stems back up from fully depressed.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 15:30:14 »
Not fully understanding what you're describing, but if it works fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure that when you push the spacebar down from the very left side and the very right side, it should feel consistent and goes down straight. That's the purpose of what stabilizers are suppose to do.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 15:41:55 »
Thanks for both the replies, am fairly sure it isn't ruined then.

WhiteFireDragon; I was meaning is the stabiliser stems means to stick out higher than the casing around them or are they the same height as the casing around them.. Maybe this picture will show you what I mean
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 15:49:30 »
No, they are fine. The stems of the stabilizers will stick to the cap and follow it up. In their natural state, those stabilizers should be in the depressed position since they don't have springs, as mentioned above. If you lift the stabilizer stems by hand, you will notice that they end up at the same height as the switch stem.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 15:53:47 »
Without the spacebar attached to the stabilizers and switch, the stabilizers will be in the down position because they don't have springs to push them up. This is natural. The four plastic corners are not relevant to anything because they don't touch the middle piece or the spacebar. If you take the finger and pull the stabilizers up, it will be the same height has he switch in the middle.

edit: damorgue beat me to the post

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 15:56:28 »
Thanks for all the replies. Only thing that made me wonder was that when I removed my spacebar, the stabilisers some how got themselves stuck to a point that they were actually sticking out. This shall be a reminder not to change computer things at 5 Am with no sleep ;)
Thanks again for the help.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 18:15:48 »
Thanks for all the replies. Only thing that made me wonder was that when I removed my spacebar, the stabilisers some how got themselves stuck to a point that they were actually sticking out. This shall be a reminder not to change computer things at 5 Am with no sleep ;)
Thanks again for the help.
quit trollin' ;D

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 04:14:06 »
'Sif trolling. I just get paranoid about breaking it, especially since it nearly cost me $200 :p