Author Topic: topre problems..  (Read 1503 times)

Offline scytheR

topre problems..
« on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 04:50:14 »
Yeah ive only been here a few weeks but i think im going to get a reputation as keyboard breaker or something (probably have). But when i last posted about how i spilt water into my keyboard, it was all fine, but today when i got home from school/work i noticed that when i press my spacebar there's a ping.. not as metallic as one on a mechanical keyboard, but its sortof like blowing air into a bottle.. a higher pitched thud. if that makes any sense..

Did i break my keyboard :[ Can i stop this somehow? Is it cause i spilt some water into my topre? It wasn't that much.. i swear! Also how the heck do i remove a spacebar.
Topre 104UW XF01T0 white (default keycaps, soon to attack the market (and my wallet) | Filco Majestouch 104 mx brown FKB104M/EB

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: topre problems..
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:29:43 »
Hahahahaha... take it apart, and clean it. You'll never use that warranty anyway, ship to japan, 6 weeks, LOL

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:40:05 »
I think I know the sound you're describing. It's probably from moisture underneath the rubber dome making it stick to either the spring or pcb. Nothing to worry about, just annoying. If it doesn't go away in a few days, take it apart, lift up the dome for the spacebar, and wipe it down. To give you an idea of what it looks like:

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:40:07 »
Topre spacebars are a little bit more complicated to take off than MX spacebars.

1. Take off the alt keys
2. Push the left side of the spacebar down, use your right index finger to lift up the right side of the spacebar from the bottom until you hear the stabilizer click (means that it's off)
3. Repeat for the left side
4. Use both index fingers and evenly pull both sides up
5. ???
6. Profit! (or maybe not, if that doesn't fix the spacebar)

Good luck! And don't lose the spring underneath the spacebar.

Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!