Author Topic: Doom3 BFG Edition.  (Read 2246 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Doom3 BFG Edition.
« on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 15:36:45 »
I'm not sure if it's just me, but the textures look like CRAP... way lower resolution than even the original.. And there's no place to change the settings for it...... >:D >:D >:D >:D

$30.... should'a listened to the rest of the internet >:D >:D

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Doom3 BFG Edition.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 15:47:12 »
I remember them always looking like crap :p  I'm such a huge DOOM fan I still want to play this though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 16:11:44 »
I remember them always looking like crap :p  I'm such a huge DOOM fan I still want to play this though.

You're right they weren't "great" to begin with. But this time around they made it "worse"

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 16:33:01 »
I thought it sounded like it would be a consolified piece. Besides the 'new' levels there is no reason to get it on pc. There have been 16:9, resolution and high res texture fix for the original for long time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 16:53:05 »
I thought it sounded like it would be a consolified piece. Besides the 'new' levels there is no reason to get it on pc. There have been 16:9, resolution and high res texture fix for the original for long time.

I wanted to play the "new" levels..

But, this is weird that they'd make the graphics look "worse" after so many years.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 17:44:34 »
But, this is weird that they'd make the graphics look "worse" after so many years.

Is it really worse or just not up to par with current standards?
I haven't seen the thing and just playing Devil's advocate.

Doom and Quake - Sigh - reminds me some nasty computer addictions I finally got rid off.
Now I'm just compulsively buying mechanical keybaords. Can I considered myself cured?
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 18:03:10 »
I'd probably like to play this, having played the original and the addon.

At least duct tape comes standard this time, or so I seem to recall reading somewhere.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 18:10:39 »
yeah the flashlight is just on your gun now.

I remember a buddy of mine griping/joking about it a few years back.

"you're some badass space marine, what's that? A demon?

(makes a motion of pulling out a flashlight) *Flink*

Yep!
(puts invisible flashlight away, draws invisible gun)

*Bang Bang!* *Flink*
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 18:26:29 »
The seperate flash light did make the game a little harder though, since you had to choose carefully when to use it, aim, switch to weapon, fire hope the demon didn't move and... oops dead.
I was looking at some screen shots, and while that's not always easy to tell it seems the new version looks more simplified and plasticy than the original. I might have to 'borrow' a copy of BFG off the internet and compare it to the original copy I still have someplace.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 18:47:03 »
It's strange because the advertisements for it say it has "enhanced graphics"
I have a feeling what happened is that they developed it for the Xbox 360 and the PC was a second-tier concern.
Actually, I just looked it up on Amazon, and the first bullet point is "optimized for consoles"
So they probably added a bunch of lens flares and reduced the texture memory like crazy.
Unfortunately, I have to buy this to complete my collectoion  :))

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 23:42:01 »
Enhanced graphic are only on console read is in a news article i think on toms.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 18:27:17 »
I laugh at games with "high res texture packs" (Either first party, third or mod) because it always screams "I was made for consoles, and these textures are what you should have got in the first place."
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 01:23:36 »

Is it really worse or just not up to par with current standards?
I haven't seen the thing and just playing Devil's advocate.

Doom and Quake - Sigh - reminds me some nasty computer addictions I finally got rid off.
Now I'm just compulsively buying mechanical keybaords. Can I considered myself cured?

Bro, it's ACTUALLY worse... they used many textures from console versions of the game. It looks craptacular.