Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
Cyberpunk 2077
« on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 19:35:33 »
Philosophical sci-fi at its finest.
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Re: Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 20:22:58 »
Definitely looks interesting, ill pick it up on release :D
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 20:25:03 »
Woah, I think I'll pick this one up!

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 20:40:32 »
Good to see cyberpunk stuff appear, especially in RPG form.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 21:27:04 »
Sigh.... They only made this so they can sell quad-sli....

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 05:08:54 »
Watch Dogs is also looking promising
 ;D
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline linkz

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 08:03:28 »
The song is good. Hopefully it doesn't suck like Final Fantasy, The Spirit Within.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 11:13:05 »
It's made by CD Projekt, maker of Witcher games... I wasn't a huge fan of those, but the second one sucked much less. I really hope they can make a good game out of cyberpunk universe, it would be a real shame if they f*ck it up. I won't get excited or mad until after I see some gameplay footage and more details.

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 11:56:09 »
Its true, no judgement should be made until gameplay is released.

But they have certainly gone an interesting way that Deus ex should've in terms of storyline.

Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 12:48:30 »
It won't be out until at least 2015 :(

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 14:45:20 »
Psh, wrong. Clearly a 2077 release date... why else would they call it that?  :))

Offline Preach

• The Insane
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 18:18:22 »
Not a fan of the cyberpunk culture but this games cinematic trailer looks awesome.
QFR - Browns |

Offline linkz

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 01:55:44 »
Hoh this is a trailer for a game. Was thinking a movie all along ( ̄ω ̄;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 02:01:55 »
Not a fan of the cyberpunk culture but this games cinematic trailer looks awesome.

Really? it's a solid amongst most nerd likes...

Cyber punk is in generally post-apocalyptic, because there would be no other reason the genre would be so dark and moody.

Do you like zombies? it's basically the same "feeling" you get with zombies, except internet and the zombies arn't dead.

Offline llovro

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 09:26:12 »
Damn. This game looks awesome. I hope my PC can handle it (If I'm not going to replace it till 2015).

Offline asura

• not a duck
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 09:47:53 »
I always felt cyberpunk was more singularity-epoch / pre-post-apocalyptic.  That uncontrollable mania before the collapse.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 10:28:05 »
Cyberpunk as a genre is usually set in some sort of dystopian corporate controlled dictatorship in the near future at the height of technology, not post apocalyptic. There is a big difference there.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 14:03:14 »
Cyberpunk as a genre is usually set in some sort of dystopian corporate controlled dictatorship in the near future at the height of technology, not post apocalyptic. There is a big difference there.

the reason I say post apocalyptic, is because apparently EVERYONE loves the city, and it would seem NO one has free choice.

That is really the ONLY reason, people would Stick to such a littered environment... 

As in, IRL, people would say F%%^ YOU to the corporations and start a farm,, whereas in the cyperpunk fiction, they always just take it in the A$$ and continue to suffer the rule of "your dictatorship"

So to adapt such concept to REAL world, we would need some post apocalyptic event to FORCIBLY bond people into the cyberpunk cities.

;D

Offline asura

• not a duck
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 14:40:39 »
And if between them the governments and corps own all the arable land and control them even more tightly than the cities, because they're the only luxury food, and goodness knows Arasaka isn't going to eat vat grown yeast/algae kibble that goes to feed the 10,000M+ of us who are mostly crammed into cities...

I don't know about anywhere else, but here in the UK we import about 40% of our food - and whilest we do export food as well, if we chopped that off, we'd still have a deficit of around 30%.  If we tightened our belts none of us would starve, we overeat as a nation anyway.  However, add approx 33% to our population (estimated global growth, UK would probably only grow by 10-12% but it ruins my rant  :p) and things start to become very tricky indeed.  Price of food goes up, price of land to grow food on goes up - you're gon'a need money choomba, and where's the money?  It's in the cities.  But you'll have to be faster, leaner, meaner to get it, 'cause competition's vast and cunning.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 16:10:53 »
And if between them the governments and corps own all the arable land and control them even more tightly than the cities, because they're the only luxury food, and goodness knows Arasaka isn't going to eat vat grown yeast/algae kibble that goes to feed the 10,000M+ of us who are mostly crammed into cities...

I don't know about anywhere else, but here in the UK we import about 40% of our food - and whilest we do export food as well, if we chopped that off, we'd still have a deficit of around 30%.  If we tightened our belts none of us would starve, we overeat as a nation anyway.  However, add approx 33% to our population (estimated global growth, UK would probably only grow by 10-12% but it ruins my rant  :p) and things start to become very tricky indeed.  Price of food goes up, price of land to grow food on goes up - you're gon'a need money choomba, and where's the money?  It's in the cities.  But you'll have to be faster, leaner, meaner to get it, 'cause competition's vast and cunning.

See, that's called CIVIL WAR alpha.. by the time they hit "beta" the revolting starts.. and on release.. they kill the queen.... LOL

I'm simply saying it would never End Up like the cyberpunk cities, because people are much harder to tame in real life. EVEN with an oppressive regime.

The only successful oppressors in the modern world relies on information scarcity, and limiting education... North Korea..

But in the Cyberpunk genre, everyone is a proficient nerd, and well schooled... It doesn't make sense that-  THAT whole city of arguably "smart" individuals would allow themselves to be taken advantage of..

Thus, they would have to have something that ENFORCES Misery which is beyond their collective abilities to overcome.... "SUCH as post apocalyptic natural disasters/ fallouts."

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 16:41:05 »
maaaaaaaaaan just play shadowrun.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 16:45:23 »
What you're saying makes sense, tp.  The fact remains that most cyberpunk stories are not explicitly post-apocalyptic. :P

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 05:42:41 »
I am really waiting for a modern remake of Johnny Mnemonic.. sigh... That was the sh17znit..

And maybe a ghost in the shell movie, "NOT" made by japanese people.. Because japanese movies are always bad... always... I've never seen a single good japanese movie. "excluding animation"

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 05:50:12 »
Absolutely love cyber punk themed works. This definitely screams Masamune Shirow (especially 1987's Black Magic), Bubblegum Crisis and Blade Runner! Whatever this project turns out to be, I'll be sure to pick it up!