Author Topic: Lower Back Pain!  (Read 1620 times)

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
Lower Back Pain!
« on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 02:33:19 »
Hey there hi there y'all!

Anyone here has lower back pain? Recently my back has been acting up real bad, I think I pulled something when lifting something heavy from the floor with a rounded back. Could feel something snapped in my lower back.

The pain is bearable, but pretty irritating. Sharp pain when after standing up after sitting for awhile (30mins +).

I took an x-ray, and there's something about thinning of the L4/L5 disc, osteophytes, and fusing of the sacrum. I'm now waiting for my queue to get an MRI (costs 1K wtf?)

I have some reason to think it might be slipped disc or something.

Does anyone here have the same problem as me or something similar, and have tips on how to improve my situation?

Offline iri

Re: Lower Back Pain!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 03:22:51 »
chiropractors and exercises (like yoga) help.
also you may find a skilled acupuncture therapist, but acupuncture is only good for relieving pain.

p.s. generally swimming helps, but i found it painful when having problems with lower back.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 03:26:02 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Lower Back Pain!
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 04:22:08 »
I have had recurring back problems for quite a while now. Since early high school (I'm 24 now). First X-ray showed a slight degenerated disk in the lower lumbar. In the past few years it has gotten pretty bad to the point where sometimes I have trouble walking, standing etc. due to pain. Other times I feel completely normal like nothing is wrong at all. At one point my upper body was actually visibly crooked for about a week. I'm told this is due to muscles pulling in areas to protect parts of the spine like a natural defense type thing. So I went for more X-rays. This time they showed nothing. No degenerated disk, nothing. Which is odd because that's not supposed to get better which leads me to believe that the first X-ray was somehow wrong. So I'm back at square one. My doctor says the best thing to do is get into shape and strengthen my back. Sometimes the pain shoots down my legs. Probably nerves but I'm no doctor.

Hopefully your problem goes away and soon. Back problems really suck. Good luck
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 04:56:57 »
hahahah.. god hates us.... you need a lumbar pillow.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:44:57 »
Doing few series of supermans daily, and stretching every few hours have helped me a lot. YMMV

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:59:43 »
Doing few series of supermans daily, and stretching every few hours have helped me a lot. YMMV

what you just get down on the floor at work and do this? you must be a cheeky guy. ;D

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 15:09:10 »
Supermans only at home, but regularly. Although, I keep a groundsheet at school, because I'm there sometimes about 10 hours a day, and occasionally need to take a nap.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 15:11:35 »
Supermans only at home, but regularly. Although, I keep a groundsheet at school, because I'm there sometimes about 10 hours a day, and occasionally need to take a nap.

I'm surprised people don't draw on you when you sleep at school...  I'm never making that mistake again..