Author Topic: Funniest Marital argument ever  (Read 3321 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Funniest Marital argument ever
« on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 13:12:42 »
At a friend's house, he's recently married..

Apparently, there's been a good deal of fighting ever since..

Pre-marriage, my friend had built a substantial gaming computer.. it was his "wifey"

So, post-marriage, the computer was officially dubbed "wife #2" while human wife was "wife #1"

I was over just this morning, and the human wife came home with the groceries..

My buddy walks over and asks her if she got the chips he wanted.

She responds: "Oh, did you want chips, that round tummy of yours told me otherwise.."

My buddy goes into an outrage, // hands flinging in the air

he remarks: "heggghhhhhhh, that's it, that's it.... you're not wife #1 anymore, from now on I'm having dinner with my real wife, and you can eat by yourself in that stupid dining room, with the stupid $6000 furniture..."

Human wife: "//cry,  uuuggh..... you bastard.."

I just got a phone call, seems like wife #2 (the computer) might have to stay at my house for a whole month.. :cool:

though, arguably my personal wifey is better tuned for starcraft  :))

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
Re: Funniest Marital argument ever
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 13:15:12 »
Your buddy doesn't seem to know where his priorities are (it's not the computer). funny though

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 13:16:36 »
Your buddy doesn't seem to know where his priorities are (it's the computer). funny though
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 13:19:14 »
Your buddy doesn't seem to know where his priorities are (it's not the computer). funny though

Well... they were probably fighting about the furniture...

Priorities,  hmm..  IDK, I'm not married, so I'm not sure what to prioritize in this situation.. ???

the computer is pretty important, it's indispensable in modernity...   You can't get away from it... ever

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 14:29:22 »
Beer heals all wounds.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 14:31:49 »
Beer heals all wounds.

So does chloroform.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 14:48:59 »
My girlfriend always complains that I spend too much time with my computers ( I guess I'm a polygamist. lol )  That was also the Ex's major complaint.  I see a small pattern here....
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 15:03:54 »
My girlfriend has no problems with me being on my computer, it's in the living room so we are always together.

Y'all need to get better girlfriends.

Offline iri

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 15:05:31 »
i pet my girlfriend when i'm behind a computer
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 17:09:00 »

is this some scary russian stuff?

like your gf is chained to some water main pipe in a basement, where your computer sits infront of?

and by GF you mean your kidnapped female childhood friend who rejected you when you proposed because of your economic situation..

:eek:

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 18:50:05 »

like your gf is chained to some water main pipe in a basement, where your computer sits infront of?

and by GF you mean your kidnapped female childhood friend who rejected you when you proposed because of your economic situation..

No, I'm Russian.  And my GF isn't chained to a waterpipe, or kidnapped. :D
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 19:23:53 »

This could be the case, but might not be. One of my best friends is married to someone who gives him a hard time when he snacks, is on the pc late at night or when he is out with his friends and comes home late. Now all of those things would make sense under some circumstances, but he is neither fat, nor is he a lazy insomniac or someone who is out at all hours. He accepts all of it, and it creates this unhealthy situation where he does the same thing to her. I don't think you need to be like that. Someone should not feel guilty for doing the things he likes to do. The person you are with should respect your hobby as long as it is not too far out of line or somehow destructive.

I am happy my girlfriend does not  give a crap. She jokes about it when I am going "to a LAN-party" to her friends and things like that. But secretly she likes that I have things that make me happy like cycling, computers, chess, and football. I feel the same way about her hobbies. If she wants to stay out a weekend to go horse riding she has my @#$% blessing.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 19:36:41 »

No, I'm Russian.  And my GF isn't chained to a waterpipe, or kidnapped. :D

I have a feeling that's the unanimous response on part of the whole kidnappers community. :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 19:40:11 »

This could be the case, but might not be. One of my best friends is married to someone who gives him a hard time when he snacks, is on the pc late at night or when he is out with his friends and comes home late. Now all of those things would make sense under some circumstances, but he is neither fat, nor is he a lazy insomniac or someone who is out at all hours. He accepts all of it, and it creates this unhealthy situation where he does the same thing to her. I don't think you need to be like that. Someone should not feel guilty for doing the things he likes to do. The person you are with should respect your hobby as long as it is not too far out of line or somehow destructive.

I am happy my girlfriend does not  give a crap. She jokes about it when I am going "to a LAN-party" to her friends and things like that. But secretly she likes that I have things that make me happy like cycling, computers, chess, and football. I feel the same way about her hobbies. If she wants to stay out a weekend to go horse riding she has my @#$% blessing.

Horse riding.... is this a typical hobby in your proximity? hmm....... best stalk her one time just to make sure it's vanilla riding on vanilla horses.   ;)

Offline iri

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 08:02:55 »

what you described is some plain vanilla russian stuff. not scary at all!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 12:17:36 »
Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0.

I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. No mention of this was included with the product information. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now launches during system initialization, where it monitors all other system activity.

Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Fishing 7.5, and Motorcycling 5.0 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected. I can’t seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I’m thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn’t work on Wife 1.0. Please help!

THE REPLY:

Dear Troubled User:

This is due to a very common problem that generates many complaints. It is due to a primary misconception generally by male users. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 thinking that it is merely a “Utilities and Entertainment program”.

Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its creator to run everything! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and return to Girlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating systems files cause Girlfriend 7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0, so nothing is gained.

It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to disallow this.

Some have tried Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with more problems than in the original system. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under “Warnings - Alimony/Child Support.” I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation.

I suggest installing the background application C:\YES DEAR to alleviate software augmentation. Having installed Wife 1.0 myself, I also suggest that you read the entire section regarding “General Partnership Faults (GPFs).” You must assume all responsibility for any faults and problems that occur, regardless of their cause. You will also find that GPF’s are cyclical. The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE. Avoid excessive use of C:\YES DEAR because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 (which replaces Burn It 1.0), Trash 4.0, and Do Bills 4.2.
You must, however, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program NagNag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 should this happen.

WARNING! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install SecretaryShortSkirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 12:24:17 »
Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0.

I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. No mention of this was included with the product information. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now launches during system initialization, where it monitors all other system activity.

Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Fishing 7.5, and Motorcycling 5.0 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected. I can’t seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I’m thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn’t work on Wife 1.0. Please help!

THE REPLY:

Dear Troubled User:

This is due to a very common problem that generates many complaints. It is due to a primary misconception generally by male users. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 thinking that it is merely a “Utilities and Entertainment program”.

Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its creator to run everything! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and return to Girlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating systems files cause Girlfriend 7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0, so nothing is gained.

It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to disallow this.

Some have tried Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with more problems than in the original system. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under “Warnings - Alimony/Child Support.” I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation.

I suggest installing the background application C:\YES DEAR to alleviate software augmentation. Having installed Wife 1.0 myself, I also suggest that you read the entire section regarding “General Partnership Faults (GPFs).” You must assume all responsibility for any faults and problems that occur, regardless of their cause. You will also find that GPF’s are cyclical. The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE. Avoid excessive use of C:\YES DEAR because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 (which replaces Burn It 1.0), Trash 4.0, and Do Bills 4.2.
You must, however, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program NagNag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 should this happen.

WARNING! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install SecretaryShortSkirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Win! ;D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:00:38 »
..... 404 creativity found...

GJ :D

Basically the moral of that story is Always stick with Girlfriend 7.0 and use it until the trial period expires (aka Commitment counter)..

And just get another box w/more trial period  :p :p :p

The only useful software that comes with wife 1.0 seems to be cook it.exe  , but honestly that is not worth the trouble. :))

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:08:41 »
Just so you guys know, I did not write that myself, although I would be glad to take credit for it.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline iri

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:13:57 »
i got a new matias quiet pro and complained to my girl that it's gritty. she googled the switch, found its disassembling instruction and told me i must lube the switches.
15 minutes before that she didn't know mechanical keyboards existed.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:17:02 »
i got a new matias quiet pro and complained to my girl that it's gritty. she googled the switch, found its disassembling instruction and told me i must lube the switches.
15 minutes before that she didn't know mechanical keyboards existed.

well if you chain a girl to the water main in a basement in front of the computer, she's bound to become quite proficient. :D

Russia- standard practice  :))

Offline iri

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:28:14 »
you'd look very nice in my basement, my dear friend, in a cage made of realforce junk parts!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 17:00:01 »
you'd look very nice in my basement, my dear friend, in a cage made of realforce junk parts!

real force parts are rubbish and of inferior quality to filco// all other cherry keyboards...

No realforce cage can hold me... ;D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 17:09:32 »

real force parts are rubbish and of inferior quality to filco// all other cherry keyboards...

Arguing like an old married couple, no?
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 17:33:29 »
Oh man this thread making my day...

Offline iri

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 01:33:29 »

keycaps are really nice actually. and i will chain you to the waterpipe anyways!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 02:08:44 »

keycaps are really nice actually. and i will chain you to the waterpipe anyways!

I would agree that the caps are average and better than filco..

What's scary is there are people out there with fantasies about "being captured and imprisoned" and living in a gimp suit makes them happy.. ???

I suppose being devoid of responsibility is aight.. but no video games, no tv shows, no movies...