Author Topic: Official Clack Trilogy [no knockoffs]  (Read 10635 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Official Clack Trilogy [no knockoffs]
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 16:31:03 »
Hmm, good point Tp. As much as the community reasons so, is that a legitimate reason to reverse the transaction?

Unless Rarar was going to kill somebody with his keycap,,  CC has no right to cancel the original contract, because Rarar already paid.

CC should do the right thing and just send rarar a keycap.. it's keycap vs his pride.. I take back what I said about CC not being an artist, only artists would make this type of poor business decision, maybe he's not the evil genius I thought him to be..

CC, I am downgrading you from evil geniuses I respect.

contract? theres no contract its just a transaction that can be cancelled at any time

its like you never heard of refusal to sell

No man, once you pay, there's no going back UNLESS there was a legitimate reason the SELLER could not DELIVER.

as in, if the cap was destroyed somehow (by accident), or was lost prior to delivery..  since this was not the case here, and the cap was given to someone else... it was intact and CC is not right to give away what does not BELONG to him.

Rarar paid what was agreed upon. the money changed hands..  the contract is not only for the object itself but also it's delivery, i'd assume delivery cost was part of the transaction..

Rarar has every right to get what he paid for.. 

the world could not operate if it behaved like YOU described.

what i'm saying is POSSESSION is not OWNERSHIP..

just because CC possessed the cap prior to it's delivery to RARAR, doesn't mean RARAR didn't already own the cap.. which after having paid, RARAR did own the cap.

CC is in the wrong here, because he messed with something that was OWNED by someone else... because he SOLD IT..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 16:40:25 »
ALSO... CC could've gotten away with this if he straight lied, which I think he should've, and said, a cat ate the keycap..

Because then Legally, he could refund rarar the money..

But he did not do that... he chose to stupidly say, no I"M A HERO, gonna give the cap to someone more deserving..

When that cap wasn't his any longer -to give- ..  so we know the cap wasn't lost, and was redirected without consent of its owner, which is RARAR

Aries, it's not REFUSAL to SELL, if it's already been SOLD.... RARAR had already paid...

Ownership has been transferred, the only thing that hasn't happened yet is [delivery] separate from ownership..

I know casual deals like this may lump these things together, and not look the other way, because there's so little money involved, but we have to be VERY SPECIFIC here, if we are to determine who's responsible for what..

Offline orlando

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 16:44:23 »
In the response clickclack posted to RARAR (in which he announced the order cancelation) he clearly stated that RARAR did not submit a complete payment. That alone is enough to terminate the agreement and the sale.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 16:45:38 »
In the response clickclack posted to RARAR (in which he announced the order cancelation) he clearly stated that RARAR did not submit a complete payment. That alone is enough to terminate the agreement and the sale.

well, ok.. I agree, if that's the case.. then yes the original agreement can be terminate..

Although.. THIS part of the story also needs to be checked out.

Could you link to the post about CC and Rarar's incomplete payment

How did CC refund RARAR if RARAR didn't pay anything..

Offline orlando

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 16:53:24 »

well, ok.. I agree, if that's the case.. then yes the original agreement can be terminate..

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41616.msg863015#msg863015

I think he paid something, just not the full amount. Any sale agreement can be broken if the amount is not paid in full, unless something in the agreement allows for partial payments.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 17:02:56 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41616.msg863015#msg863015

I think he paid something, just not the full amount. Any sale agreement can be broken if the amount is not paid in full, unless something in the agreement allows for partial payments.

Would anyone NOT pay $30 to the fullest?  This i find doubtful.. it's $30.. not likely someone would need a payment plan for that much.

But yea,, you're right, if CC didn't get the full $30, then he has the ability to issue refund, on the grounds that it was NOT fully paid for, and he decided to choose other prospects.

Even in this situation though, he can't give "you can't sell my cap for $250" as a reason for refund.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 17:08:24 »
If he tried to "renegotiate the deal" as has been stated by sending him less than the full amount, that would make sense. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 17:09:29 »
If he tried to "renegotiate the deal" as has been stated by sending him less than the full amount, that would make sense. 

yea, if that happens, then the refund is justifiable.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 17:12:57 »

but. he was renegotiating for "more clacks right" would he send 'less" money when doing that?

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 17:15:20 »

but. he was renegotiating for "more clacks right" would he send 'less" money when doing that?

CC never said how he was renegotiating. My guess was more clacks.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 17:15:47 »
If he couldn't get more clacks for the same money, why not send less money?

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 23:50:49 »
HOW TO SKOOL TWO FOOLS

by C.C.

In this first part I will demonstrate how ignorance and self-righteousness don't mix well.

*ahem*

Hi tp4tissue,

You seemed so excited to get your jabs in that you didn't notice what you were jabbing.
Since you were too lazy to get the story straight but so eager to listen to yourself type, I thought I would save you further embarrassment.

rarararrr's order was incomplete. This means (pssst. the part you should listen closely to) he did not pay the full amount. Yes, the order was for only $35 but when you're not an adult, that could be your entire allowance.

So essentially he sold the item for $250 before he paid me in full. And what was with selling it for $250 to a friend? Gee, some friend. Hey rararar, you can still donate to gh (we know you have most of $35), you don't need your friends to do it for you.

I made a proposition based on two keys I thought rarararrar was genuinely looking for. In exchange I would then sell the Mr. Friday to someone who also got dibs and who also was interested in the key (but fo reeelz).

He asked repeatedly who the person was. However, they wanted to remain anonymous (can't imagine why).
He wanted to know if it was someone he liked or not and that could determine the outcome.
I rescinded my offer because this was clearly a waste of time.

When he sold the key and CRAPPED on the community, he still had not paid in full. It's clear he was not serious about the transaction, therefore his incomplete order was refunded.

It's pretty simple, even a tp4tissue could understand it.

Oh yeah, for love or for money?
19660-0

« Last Edit: Tue, 23 April 2013, 23:55:25 by clickclack »
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: Official Clack Trilogy [no knockoffs]
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 23:57:14 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 April 2013, 23:59:09 by SmallFry »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: Re: Official Clack Trilogy [no knockoffs]
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 23:58:09 »
Bah, delete.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 00:00:31 »
He's *****ing and moaning on reddit now.  Yawn.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 00:59:32 »

oh god i just vomited almost, i told myself not to read things on /r/MechanicalKeyboards ever again but then i ended up reading this mess.

"its a ****ing lynch mob"
"rotten way the moderators censored"
"DOWN WITH GEEKWHACK!!!!! :)"

You are entitled to opinions on value of clacks but related to this issue look at the post clickclack references for rarar, how can ANYONE find that behavior acceptable? how is moderators taking action against such behavior uncool or be called censorship I applaud clickclack for handling it the way he did and the mod(s). Not sucking up, i would have no gain in doing so, its just common sense.

god i kept reading more on there since it has been awhile and i think i did vomit a little, I see a lot of geek hack members there and i just don't see the appeal--the place is a wreck. Tons of racism and childish behavior.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 01:05:13 »

oh god i just vomited almost, i told myself not to read things on /r/MechanicalKeyboards ever again but then i ended up reading this mess.

You are entitled to opinions on value of clacks but related to this issue look at the post clickclack references for rarar, how can ANYONE find that behavior acceptable? how is moderators taking action against such behavior uncool or be called censorship I applaud clickclack for handling it the way he did and the mod(s). Not sucking up, i would have no gain in doing so, its just common sense.

god i kept reading more on there since it has been awhile and i think i did vomit a little, I see a lot of geek hack members there and i just don't see the appeal--the place is a wreck. Tons of racism and childish behavior.
I have an undercover name on reddit, don't use MKULTRA.  I can spy on them np we got dis.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 01:06:31 »

I have an undercover name on reddit, don't use MKULTRA.  I can spy on them np we got dis.

lol geekhack intelligence

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 01:08:23 »

lol geekhack intelligence

Yeah I'm pretty much the FBI right?
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 April 2013, 01:12:52 by MKULTRA »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 01:10:59 »
The word "joke" came to mind when I read that.  The reddit thread, that is.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 01:26:24 »
Why the **** is this still going on? Can't someone just ban t4p and let clack and everyone else move on with there lives?

Offline bavman

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 01:39:46 »
I have a question for you CC.
I've been reading around on this thread and the other one here in OT, but I'm not sure if you answered this elsewhere. You said you refunded rarararraarr because he didn't pay you in full, but if he would have promptly would you still let him have the key knowing full well what he intended to do with it? I'm not an artist or anything like that so I don't know how you feel about people reselling your pieces. In the case or rarar, was this upsetting at all? I think if I was in your shoes I'd probably see it as disrespectful that someone would buy it with the sole intention of flipping it for a $200 profit.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 02:16:55 »
Ok, so clack, He didn't give you $35, he only gave you $30?

and then you refunded?

I never took a JAB at anyone, I just read something xxxxxx bout rarar, and thought he was in a conspiracy with you.

Not once did I say anything directly insulting, the fact that you took it that way shows your narrow-mindedness.  this whole time I was in agreement that if rarar didn't pay in full, then you had the ability to terminate the contract..  BUT NOT ON THE REASON YOU DID IT FOR..

RARAR, might've made a bad example for flipping the cap so quickly, but YOU committed bad business practice of changing contract terms out of emotion.

WHAT YOU did was equally bad as what RARAR did.

You must've BOTH agreed that he'd pay you "MOST" of the money up front, and when he got his allowance, he'd pay you the last 5 dollars..

This must've been what happened, otherwise he'd have no reason to be upset if the cap was out of his grasp in the first place.

What I'm saying is, You sold him the dibs part, then suddenly you took it away because you're butthurt about the poor kid flipping a cap.. why is that? I'll probably never understand and you don't have an excuse for.

I don't care if he wanted your cap or not.. and guess what MOST of your buyers don't want your cap, there just happens to be idiots that WOULD pay $250s for them.

sigh.... disappoint  >:D

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 05:52:10 »
This is getting old.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 08:02:45 »
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 09:44:09 »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 10:01:15 »
This is getting old.

Agreed, I also just reported the duplicate account. It's obvious if you're just planning on flipping a Mr. Friday you really don't have the same feelings towards clacks that some of us others do. I would have been thrilled just to have had this opportunity. I've missed out on a few sales just to have those people flip them later. But as sad and annoying as that is, it just happens.

Alas, what's done is done.

Fin.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 10:03:00 »
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 10:10:05 »
That. Where did it come from!? :D
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 01:53:21 »
HOW TO SKOOL TWO FOOLS

by C.C.

In this first part I will demonstrate how ignorance and self-righteousness don't mix well.

*ahem*

Hi tp4tissue,

You seemed so excited to get your jabs in that you didn't notice what you were jabbing.
Since you were too lazy to get the story straight but so eager to listen to yourself type, I thought I would save you further embarrassment.

rarararrr's order was incomplete. This means (pssst. the part you should listen closely to) he did not pay the full amount. Yes, the order was for only $35 but when you're not an adult, that could be your entire allowance.

So essentially he sold the item for $250 before he paid me in full. And what was with selling it for $250 to a friend? Gee, some friend. Hey rararar, you can still donate to gh (we know you have most of $35), you don't need your friends to do it for you.

I made a proposition based on two keys I thought rarararrar was genuinely looking for. In exchange I would then sell the Mr. Friday to someone who also got dibs and who also was interested in the key (but fo reeelz).

He asked repeatedly who the person was. However, they wanted to remain anonymous (can't imagine why).
He wanted to know if it was someone he liked or not and that could determine the outcome.
I rescinded my offer because this was clearly a waste of time.

When he sold the key and CRAPPED on the community, he still had not paid in full. It's clear he was not serious about the transaction, therefore his incomplete order was refunded.

It's pretty simple, even a tp4tissue could understand it.

Oh yeah, for love or for money?
(Attachment Link)

10/10, would read again.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 02:10:26 »
I don't know why people take key caps so seriously, crap on the community? Rarar is just a kid trying to up his allowance.. how bad could this person be.. Clack made decisions that were just as rash and impulsive, hardly more grown up than the person he deemed punishable.

What possible lesson could this have taught him, that the internet is full of jerks.. that it's full of gated communities of elitists.

The internet is not those things..

you leave that bickering stuff at 4chan..