Author Topic: Cherry Mx Blues /Black on the cheap at Monoprice  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Voixdelion

Cherry Mx Blues /Black on the cheap at Monoprice
« on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 19:54:48 »
I want another cherry blue board but can't afford to buy another one, but I'm sorely tempted to stretch the budget at these prices.   Gonna have to cross my fingers they don't sell out of this before I get some cash!  Pretty low price, but I don't know about build quality though.  Still if you want a blue board its not a big chunk of change at  less than 60 bucks new...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=9433&seq=1&format=4#feedback

$57.42

and Blacks $70.88

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=9180&seq=1&format=2
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 April 2013, 19:57:51 by Voixdelion »
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
Re: Cherry Mx Blues /Black on the cheap at Monoprice
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 21:04:57 »
Not really a that great of a deal if you're buying them to use as keyboards.

You can get a Ducky Zero w/ Blacks for $78: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=261

And Newegg has the QFR w/ Blues for $65 if you don't mind the MIR: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129002
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline bavman

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 23:48:56 »
There a 10% off $50 coupon for monoprice somewhere. It takes care of the majority of shipping

Offline Voixdelion

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 00:27:56 »
ah- lucky on the shipping for me then . (I can get it overnight for 6 bucks in Cali, less than usps priority  and  they drop stuff at my door EARLY in the morning.  I bought a 15 dollar pen tablet that came so fast i was surprised they had time to process it fill it ship it and drop it off in something like 18 hours after I hit  "confirm". )  I still want one of those rosewills with the red backboards though - matches my theme...
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 00:35:46 »
ah- lucky on the shipping for me then . (I can get it overnight for 6 bucks in Cali, less than usps priority  and  they drop stuff at my door EARLY in the morning.  I bought a 15 dollar pen tablet that came so fast i was surprised they had time to process it fill it ship it and drop it off in something like 18 hours after I hit  "confirm". )  I still want one of those rosewills with the red backboards though - matches my theme...

I have one of those Rosewill keyboards for sale if you're interested.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38892.0
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 08:30:35 »
monoprice isnt that great.  bought one for the office and ended up returning it.  the plate flexes a lot and the keys are strangely recessed around the home block and and arrow keys.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 21:27:23 »
I concur that monoprice isn't that great.  I have had endless problems with them.
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline bavman

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 22:09:35 »
monoprice isnt that great.  bought one for the office and ended up returning it.  the plate flexes a lot and the keys are strangely recessed around the home block and and arrow keys.

So it's the keyboard not monoprice? I haven't dealt with them much but they seem like a decent company. As for the board, it looks like a rebranded adesso full-size, not the best mech keyboard manufacturer.

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 09:21:38 »

So it's the keyboard not monoprice? I haven't dealt with them much but they seem like a decent company. As for the board, it looks like a rebranded adesso full-size, not the best mech keyboard manufacturer.

monoprice as a company is fantastic.  customer service is top and they have always taken care of me.  the keyboard itself is just a low quality rebrand.  its a huge improvement over most rubber domes but there are much better mechanical options out there for a little bit more money.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |