Author Topic: Just got my new keyboard  (Read 2035 times)

Offline sanctions23

Just got my new keyboard
« on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 18:54:02 »
This is my first time posting, I have been lurking for the last couple of months.  I just got my Ducky Shine II 9087 Brown Switch and I could not be happier.  I wanted to thank everyone that posts in this community for all the feedback, I think this keyboard will serve me very well. I enjoy gaming (not much fps) and typing on it is a dream.  Thanks again from a very happy reader.

Offline F u r u y á

Re: Just got my new keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 18:56:22 »
Take care of your wallet now :)
Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120

Offline sanctions23

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 19:34:40 »
If by take care of my wallet, you mean empty it, I'm way ahead of you :)

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 20:32:03 »
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 20:56:35 »
Oh I think my choice of words was unhappy. I just meant that buying your 1st mech is the first step to get your wallet empty (you'll most likely want to buy acessories and more keyboards).
Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 21:05:55 »
Oh I think my choice of words was unhappy. I just meant that buying your 1st mech is the first step to get your wallet empty (you'll most likely want to buy acessories and more keyboards).

accessories? what accessories... they're all vital to the correct operation of my keyboard...

That's what I tell myself when I buy.... then a week goes by... I get the package, and then guilt..... :D

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 21:08:21 »

What is really sad is when you host a regional GH get-together, and the people there fill a pool table with keyboards for a photo op, but when they all leave, the table is still more than half-full.   :eek:

Congratulations on your new keyboard.  Excellent choice of switches.

Don't try the Greens.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 21:13:27 »

What is really sad is when you host a regional GH get-together, and the people there fill a pool table with keyboards for a photo op, but when they all leave, the table is still more than half-full.   :eek:

Don't try the Greens.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Green is good for metal keycaps

Offline dadgh

Offline sanctions23

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 01:10:34 »

This is actually the first keyboard I've bought in a few years.  I was working with a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate and the blue switches started to drive me nuts, so I started looking for something better and that was tenkeyless. The thing I seem to switch often is my mouse, however I recently got a Mionix Naos 8200 and it seems to do away with the hand cramps I was getting while playing games.  So in the last week I have solved my peripheral issues with quality products that I am thoroughly enjoying. 

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 02:59:50 »
Hey Samwise

Are you referring to Cherry greens? Are they that bad or are you just joking?

Don't try the Greens.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Larken

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 03:20:58 »

This is actually the first keyboard I've bought in a few years.  I was working with a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate and the blue switches started to drive me nuts, so I started looking for something better and that was tenkeyless. The thing I seem to switch often is my mouse, however I recently got a Mionix Naos 8200 and it seems to do away with the hand cramps I was getting while playing games.  So in the last week I have solved my peripheral issues with quality products that I am thoroughly enjoying. 

ah, the sensible buyer. don't stay at geekhack for too long, or that sensible purchasing behavior will slowly be eroded away. true story.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 05:11:46 »
Hey Samwise

Are you referring to Cherry greens? Are they that bad or are you just joking?

He can't judge that for you! When you like greens and they fit you they're awesome. When not then....not.

It's all a matter of taste

Offline TreeSc2

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:32:34 »
Where to find thes ducky shine 2!?!??

Offline sanctions23

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 05:43:43 »
Where to find thes ducky shine 2!?!??

I found it on mechanicalkeyboards.com  I saw that they had a shipment coming in a couple weeks ago, and compulsively checked every day that week for when it actually got in stock.  The blue led with cherry browns was sold out in about 24 hours.  However I think they still have the ones with the chinese character keycaps (also has normal english letters on them).  If they hadn't gotten a shipment I was going to buy one of those and maybe get a full set of regular english keycaps.  I got lucky.