Author Topic: Cm storm rapid Blue or Brown switch  (Read 2633 times)

Offline qqqq350479703

Cm storm rapid Blue or Brown switch
« on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:14:29 »
Im typing on a razer black widow atm, i want to switch to cm storm rapid because i wanted a Tenkeylesss keyboard. The Cm storm rapid will be my second mechanical keyboard.
Cm storm rapid with blue switch cost $70, no shipping fee there is a ncix near my house, but ncix only have blue switch. If i get the one with the brown switch  89.99 which costs 20 dollar more.
Blackwidow|QFR

Offline Spokoman

Re: Cm storm rapid Blue or Brown switch
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:30:24 »
It is a preference thing. If you like Blue stick with blue for $20 less. I would be good if you could compare typing on both to see what you like better. gl
Ducky Shine II Blue LED Brown Switches
CM QF TK Red LED Red Switches

Offline phx

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:32:31 »
if you wanna be safe get the blue since you are already so used to it.
or if you wanna try something new get the brown, switching from blue to brown and vice versa isn't too much of a change imo.

I've typed on both before, like them both.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 16:07:56 »
It irritates me that there is a large price difference when the actual parts are so very similar.

Do you suppose that Cherry or Cooler Master drives the price gouging?
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 16:15:44 »
Probably the various market forces at play.  I know Browns were incredibly rare for a while since Logitech basically bought up the whole supply, driving up the price of Browns.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 16:16:28 »
Browns are up due to Logitech eating production capacity.  Then you say, "Yes, but isn't it all made on the same equipment?"  And I say... "errrrrr"

All switch prices have gone up some due to demand.  Brown more so because of L's demand.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline baller1308

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 16:43:04 »
Browns are up due to Logitech eating production capacity.  Then you say, "Yes, but isn't it all made on the same equipment?"  And I say... "errrrrr"

All switch prices have gone up some due to demand.  Brown more so because of L's demand.
And it's a shame :(
Noppoo Choc Mini [Browns]
HPE 87 [Browns]

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 16:46:00 »
It is such a personal thing that I do not think there is anyone who can really help you in making this decision. How do you feel about the blues that you have been using. How was the actuation force? Did it feel ok? How about the tactile feedback? Did you enjoy it?
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 16:55:57 »

Just like how greens cost a ridiculous amount since CoolerMaster bought them all for the QFRs ;P
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 16:57:03 »
Greens are also ridic because other than CM they are low quantity switches.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 16:57:21 »
Yo OP, left you pm, guy sells them for $60 shipped new ones....
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline qqqq350479703

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:07:45 »
It is such a personal thing that I do not think there is anyone who can really help you in making this decision. How do you feel about the blues that you have been using. How was the actuation force? Did it feel ok? How about the tactile feedback? Did you enjoy it?

i feel they are pretty good, i like typing on it but i just dont like BW cause it's very waste of space, i have the 2012 version so it get dirty too. i think blue might be the best choice since they are easy to get and cheaper. Blue and brown are about the same. i was thinking about brown since blues makes a loud clicky sound.
Blackwidow|QFR

Offline qqqq350479703

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:08:33 »

you sell them for 60 ?
Blackwidow|QFR

Offline Hour

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:15:07 »
Browns for life!  ;D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:22:53 »
Anything is better than brown..

Brown is poorly conceived as far as tactility goes.

If you really want "silent" tactiliy,  ergo-clear or clear or jail-blue.

Remember, the silent is only one part switch, the other part requires orings.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 18:15:23 »

you sell them for 60 ?

not me OP, but another member here, check your inbox and I'll send you the link to his page so you can contact him.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 18:20:20 »

i feel they are pretty good, i like typing on it but i just dont like BW cause it's very waste of space, i have the 2012 version so it get dirty too. i think blue might be the best choice since they are easy to get and cheaper. Blue and brown are about the same. i was thinking about brown since blues makes a loud clicky sound.

In that case , sticking with blues might just be the safest option since you know for a fact that you like them. Personally I do not think blue and brown are about the same though, I have a clear preference for the browns, though you may have a very different preference. You can get a sample kit over at WASD keyboards if you want to feel the difference http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/sampler-kit-1.html
but even this only gives you a rough idea, one switch will not let you know how a full keyboard with that switch would feel.

Unless sound is a huge issue for you, I would not choose browns only because of the reduction in noise. The switch itself makes a little less noise, but for the average person, a lot of the sound when typing comes from actually bottoming out, which will be similar for both switches unless you are one of those ninja typists who manages not to bottom out even on light switches.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2013, 18:27:41 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline qqqq350479703

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:45:08 »

In that case , sticking with blues might just be the safest option since you know for a fact that you like them. Personally I do not think blue and brown are about the same though, I have a clear preference for the browns, though you may have a very different preference. You can get a sample kit over at WASD keyboards if you want to feel the difference http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/sampler-kit-1.html
but even this only gives you a rough idea, one switch will not let you know how a full keyboard with that switch would feel.

Unless sound is a huge issue for you, I would not choose browns only because of the reduction in noise. The switch itself makes a little less noise, but for the average person, a lot of the sound when typing comes from actually bottoming out, which will be similar for both switches unless you are one of those ninja typists who manages not to bottom out even on light switches.

kk thank you for helping me out
Blackwidow|QFR

Offline knotra

• I ­­­♥ ⌂ ♫
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:48:44 »
Browns. Gogo
Keyboards: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Das Model S Ultimate Tactile Soft, Das Model S Professional Tactile Click, Corsair Vengeance K90, Steelseries 6gv2 Black Switch, Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Soft Linear Action, Ducky DK9087 Shine II w/ Browns, Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ Blues, WASD Keyboard v1 w/ Browns, Leopold FC200R Tacticle Touch, White Filco Majestouch-2 TKL Click Action, Ducky DK9008G2 PRO Dark Grey Version PBT w/ Clears, Realforce 87U Tenkeyless 45g White/Grey

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:54:06 »
Brown!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:13:16 »
Reds.
SmallFry! <3

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:41:25 »
Ergo clears... or browns would be nice too.

Offline Rule16

• R.I.P. SmallFry
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:41:57 »
Blue and brown are about the same.
Nope, they actually feel completely different. When I went frthe blues on my blackwidow to the browns on my Das, I fell in love (don't get a Das now BTW they've changed manufacturers and the quality is shire) and all over again when I got my Topre. I've come to find I like heavie rswitches more.
| KB Paradise V60 Maias Quiet Click | Realforce 55gram 87U | MiniTouch (Ivory Hua-Jie) | Poker II | IBM Model F | Unicomp Ultraclassic | Dell AT101W (Black Alps) | WASD Code (Clear) |
Dvorak Only Zone