Author Topic: Anywhere to try greens?  (Read 1406 times)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Anywhere to try greens?
« on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 14:43:18 »
I love blues, greens seem a lot more prevalent these days. Anyone seen any in a store etc. to try? Went to my local frys (fountain valley, ca) but they did not have any.

I didn't like clears so much when I had them. Whatever that is worth.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Anywhere to try greens?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 14:47:34 »
I'm starting a tour that will have switches including a Ghetto Green. You can find more info here. Otherwise, the only store front I've ever seen MX Greens in was MechanicalKeyboards.com. If you have a MicroCenter near you, maybe you can try there?

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 14:58:44 »
I'm starting a tour that will have switches including a Ghetto Green. You can find more info here. Otherwise, the only store front I've ever seen MX Greens in was MechanicalKeyboards.com. If you have a MicroCenter near you, maybe you can try there?

Thanks man I was actually in a MC yesterday picking up a QFR. They didn't have anything out. Your tour sounds pretty cool thanks. I didn't know MK.com had a storefront that is pretty sweet!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 15:06:20 »
If you wanna see some pics and read about the MK.com storefront, check out my Wiki in my signature. I met up with Mashby there and checked it out. It was really cool :D

And you can always ask the guys at MC to just open boxes up to try stuff. That's what I do whenever I go. ^__^

Offline Johan

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 15:12:35 »
You could get a CM keyboard with greens, or are you looking for something like the Wasdkeyboards sample pack.
Uh, stuff.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 15:33:13 »
You could get a CM keyboard with greens, or are you looking for something like the Wasdkeyboards sample pack.
I'm aware of the board from CM. Thats the one I would buy if I was going to get one. Just wanted to check them out first. But this is more informational than anything I just bought a keyboard yesterday and money is tight. Thanks for the info on the WASD sampler. Thats pretty cool.
If you wanna see some pics and read about the MK.com storefront, check out my Wiki in my signature. I met up with Mashby there and checked it out. It was really cool :D

And you can always ask the guys at MC to just open boxes up to try stuff. That's what I do whenever I go. ^__^
Sweet I'll check it out now. Never thought to ask them to open a box. They're cool with that? Or do you end up buying the item afterwards?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 15:35:16 »
Nope, they just let you play with the stuff. They might watch over you to make sure you're not stealing stuff but I've never actually bought anything from MC. I did get to try various boards with Blues, Reds, Browns, Blacks, and Clicky White Alps this way though. I also discovered I don't care for the QFR's rubber coating at all. So it worked out great :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 15:41:47 »
send me a pm with your address and i shall send you a handful of greens to play with good sir
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 16:03:08 »
Try blue... but imagine a "less sharp/ lower frequency" click sound, and almost twice as heavy.

it's still a distinct click, but not as "bright"

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 16:43:14 »
send me a pm with your address and i shall send you a handful of greens to play with good sir
For real? Will do. Awesome!

Offline Rule16

• R.I.P. SmallFry
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 17:32:39 »
Don't imagine anything, just get a WASD sampler kit and put a black spring w/ a blue stem. Then you got yourself a ghetto green to try for $9.99 (Didn't these used to be $5?)
| KB Paradise V60 Maias Quiet Click | Realforce 55gram 87U | MiniTouch (Ivory Hua-Jie) | Poker II | IBM Model F | Unicomp Ultraclassic | Dell AT101W (Black Alps) | WASD Code (Clear) |
Dvorak Only Zone