Author Topic: Occupy Monsanto  (Read 9960 times)

Offline WRXChris

Occupy Monsanto
« on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:35:42 »
Are any GHers aware that there is a massive worldwide protest against Monsanto and their manipulation of Congress, the FDA, and the US media going on today?  Not a single lamestream media source has a single picture or article about it on their websites.  If you search for "Occupy Monsanto" on facebook, there are thousands of pictures from around the world, but the media seems to think this isn't news worth reporting...  or maybe it's because the people who control the media are the same people who control Monsanto and the pharmaceutical companies who make billions off of increasing cancer rates...

https://www.facebook.com/occupymonsanto?fref=ts

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
Re: Occupy Monsanto
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:40:45 »
I still dream of the day that the powers that be at Monsanto are dropped in a pool of Agent Orange.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Online Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 16:11:44 »
Bah. The campagin is on Facebook - The Monsanto of the Internet. :p

I can't get through to www.occupymonsanto360.org either...
🍉

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 16:17:09 »
I don't see a problem with this.. for the sake of organization and the security of "societal-living" we give up certain freedoms...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 16:20:24 »
If you truly believe in a grand-revolution, then go make money and buy change...

Instead of sitting here complaining on the internet... Putting forward only the least of efforts..

Online Findecanor

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 16:24:02 »
There, national petition signed. If I had known about the event beforehand, I would have marched today.

Complaining on the Internet can be the first step to change. Sometimes people need to be educated so that they also can help. The Internet can be a great tool for spreading the word and organizing things.
🍉

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 17:36:05 »
I'm not defending monsanto or dupont pioneer (less known company, same bull****) but the dependence on these GM products keeps them alive. there really isn't an alternative to GM products given how much we consume soy, corn, etc. and how cheap we need it to be. We have to fundamentally change what we are consuming, not just were we are buying this stuff. I really doubt they are going away any time soon.

Online Findecanor

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 17:47:31 »
Actually, we don't consume soy. The majority of soy produced is fed to cattle, then people eat the cattle. This is very inefficient and is also a major cause (one fifth) of greenhouse gases, so it needs to be changed anyway. Organic methods for growing soy and corn could instead bind CO2 into the ground.
🍉

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 17:52:14 »
maybe consuming isn't the right word, i don't mean just it going into our mouths. maybe there is a better word. the demand is high, we use a large quantity of these products.

Offline Burz

• maybe get a blister on yo' little finger...
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 22:38:46 »
I'm not defending monsanto or dupont pioneer (less known company, same bull****) but the dependence on these GM products keeps them alive. there really isn't an alternative to GM products given how much we consume soy, corn, etc. and how cheap we need it to be.
Received wisdom from commercials? Politicians? It doesn't fly:

You can’t look at the chart and guess when GMO seeds were introduced (hint: 1996) by some huge increase in the yield curve. Certainly, it’s not the way you could glance at a graph of, say, the tuberculosis death rate in the 20th century and instantly identify the date antibiotics were introduced.

The commercialization of GMO seeds starting in 1996 didn’t lead to any agricultural great leap forward. It’s a far cry from what biotech advocates declare: that we need GMOs in order to feed a growing world population or face mass starvation.
http://grist.org/food/frankenfoods-good-for-big-business-bad-for-the-rest-of-us/

I can see giving them the benefit of the doubt 10 years ago, as many people did, but today the claims just don't hold up to scrutiny. Unfortunately, they are also having a monopolizing effect which is hard to tolerate in an industry like agriculture. They have not engineered plants that are pollen-free, so every neighboring farm that tries to do without GMOs is a likely target for biotech's "intellectual property" lawsuits.

If they were so beneficial, biotech companies wouldn't have to engineer such an asymmetrical balance of power against farmers and consumers. They sue at the dropping of a seed, and pay legislators to put their own bacon beyond reach of the courts.
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 22:53:23 »
there really isn't an alternative to GM products given how much we consume soy, corn, etc. and how cheap we need it to be.

This is the problem, people are implanted by the media with this idea that America won't be able to survive without huge surpluses of these ****ty GMO commodities...  In reality, these ****ty GMO surplus commodities are getting a few douche bags rich, destroying our fertile farmlands, and providing more than necessary, AKA wasting the fertility of our soil, so that a few major shareholders and the executives who cater to them can continue to buy new Bentleys while enslaving illegal Mexicans for pennies on the dollar...  sorry for sounding like KL but this **** is reality and I don't share TP's belief of "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 23:03:31 »
there really isn't an alternative to GM products given how much we consume soy, corn, etc. and how cheap we need it to be.

This is the problem, people are implanted by the media with this idea that America won't be able to survive without huge surpluses of these ****ty GMO commodities...  In reality, these ****ty GMO surplus commodities are getting a few douche bags rich, destroying our fertile farmlands, and providing more than necessary, AKA wasting the fertility of our soil, so that a few major shareholders and the executives who cater to them can continue to buy new Bentleys while enslaving illegal Mexicans for pennies on the dollar...  sorry for sounding like KL but this **** is reality and I don't share TP's belief of "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

Change has to be paid for, who will pay for it?  If you don't want to, then stfu and serve our masters.. 

All you've done is run your mouth...

No one is naive, the injustices of this world are quite clear to us all...  so what will you "DO" about it...

Yea I thought so, buy more keyboards, and yap online... :D

Given that, you have no right to complain.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 23:10:32 »
damn tp, done editing your post yet?

that's at least 3 edits I've seen...

I'm helping bring awareness to the problem by 'running my mouth'.

All you're doing is serving their purpose, patronizing the people who are speaking up against injustice. 

Yeah, I know you're a little *****, keep yapping online, it's the only think you seem to be good at :/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 23:19:38 »
damn tp, done editing your post yet?

that's at least 3 edits I've seen...

I'm helping bring awareness to the problem by 'running my mouth'.

All you're doing is serving their purpose, patronizing the people who are speaking up against injustice. 

Yeah, I know you're a little *****, keep yapping online, it's the only think you seem to be good at :/

Yes, why don't you keep arguing with me over your inability to affect change... This will surely show those horrid monsters who's Baus'

Oh yea, they are...

I'm not patronizing you, I'm am letting you in on the fact that you're the biggest type of fraud... almost as bad as a hipsters and green peace.

What do you believe in exactly?... the only thing you seem to be obsessed with is entitlement... pay for no work..

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 23:29:05 »
What do you believe in exactly?... the only thing you seem to be obsessed with is entitlement... pay for no work..

I have insinuated nothing of the sort, thank you for proving my point that you are a deranged, depressed psychopath, who attempts to project his ****ed up perception of reality onto others.  I'm done with you, your next reply will be to yourself.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 23:37:17 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 23:39:45 »

I have insinuated nothing of the sort, thank you for proving my point that you are a deranged, depressed psychopath, who attempts to project his ****ed up perception of reality onto others.  I'm done with you, your next reply will be to yourself.

LOL, this day WRXChris lost on the internet.. :D

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 03:54:30 »
There are very few wrong things about GMO if used wisely, but Monsanto are just plain wrong. Some asses shall be kicked for producing stuff like DRM in plants.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 04:04:57 »
Just grow your own food. I do!

I figure if people aren't smart enough to figure out what's killing them, then why keep them alive?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline mbc

• -delete-
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 04:13:46 »
If you truly believe in a grand-revolution, then go make money and buy change...

Instead of sitting here complaining on the internet... Putting forward only the least of efforts..
What a retard thing to say. He isn't complaining but informing people.

I figure if people aren't smart enough to figure out what's killing them, then why keep them alive?
Self centered much? See above..
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 May 2013, 04:16:07 by mbc »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 04:14:37 »

That's possible to only some extent, and even then you're affected by those corporations, because (1) GMO stuff is often dominant, and (2) they (their lobby) change the rules (i.e. laws).

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 04:29:23 »

Sure. Call it what you want. If your not going to educate yourself, why bother breathing?

That's possible to only some extent, and even then you're affected by those corporations, because (1) GMO stuff is often dominant, and (2) they (their lobby) change the rules (i.e. laws).
I would guess you've spent about 5 seconds thinking about that. They don't control every inch of soil and plant that grows on this earth. I takes hardly any effort to find heirloom seeds. If you don't know what those are, give them a look. You might be surprised!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 04:58:26 »

I would guess you've spent about 5 seconds thinking about that. They don't control every inch of soil and plant that grows on this earth. I takes hardly any effort to find heirloom seeds. If you don't know what those are, give them a look. You might be surprised!

GMO affect both genetic variability and diversity in some cases.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 09:00:42 »

Sure. Call it what you want. If your not going to educate yourself, why bother breathing?

Grow your own food.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......

Minimum efficiency people.... not gonna hit it unless you do it full time.... This is the age of specialization.

Online Findecanor

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 09:40:28 »
Show Image

Baby sloth? Cute now, but they tend to get infested with a lot of vermin as adults.
🍉

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 10:42:04 »

Grow your own food.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......

[/quote]Too much for tp ah? It's not for everyone, but I don't like eaten vegetables that taste like plastic...  :p

Offline Malphas

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 12:08:43 »

That's fine if you're willing to except the fact that a bunch of brown people are going to die of starvation/malnutrition as a result. Intensive farming, pesticides, chemical fertilizers and genetic modification are what's keeping the increasing world population fed. Not a nice fact, but that's the reality. The next stage of development is probably going to be farming insects as a protein source (if not for human consumption initially, then for animal feed).

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 12:30:42 »

That's fine if you're willing to except the fact that a bunch of brown people are going to die of starvation/malnutrition as a result. Intensive farming, pesticides, chemical fertilizers and genetic modification are what's keeping the increasing world population fed. Not a nice fact, but that's the reality. The next stage of development is probably going to be farming insects as a protein source (if not for human consumption initially, then for animal feed).
How about Monsanto made Soylent Green when the ecosystem is dead.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:43:46 »
Millions of people are marching in 400 cities around the world against Monsanto vs. tp4tissue who supports Monsanto.

Monsanto Corp.

Monsanto makes genetically engineered seeds and crops.  They are the biggest seed company in the world, and have net income of approx. $126 million (USD).  Monsanto's current stock price is approx. $104 (USD) which is still below their peak in 2008 of $140 (USD).  The corporate criminals who run Monsanto are not even serving the greedy morons who bought their stock.  They are stealing money from their shareholders, hiding profits from rightful taxation by the US Government through offshore accounts, and they are intentionally making, marketing and selling products that ruin human health and the environment. 

Actual Genocide from Herbicide:

As if that wasn't bad enough, Monsanto is the corporation that created and sold Agent Orange, in partnership with Dow Chemical, to the US military during the Vietnam "conflict" from 1962 to 1971.   If you are an ignorant jackass who doesn't know what Agent Orange is, it is the defoliating chemical herbicide that the USA dropped from bomber airplanes on Vietnam.  The USA dropped over 19 million gallons on Vietnam.  Over 150,000 US military personnel have suffered injuries as a result of said Agent Orange.  Over 400,000 Vietnamese people were killed or maimed by Agent Orange, 500,000 suffered birth defects, and up to 1 million more people have other residual injuries. 

Vietnam Was a Long Time Ago, So What?

Genetically engineered "food" has been genetically engineered to yield higher corporate profits for food corporate farm producers and retailers.  That's it.  There is no nutrition from genetically engineered food, because genetically engineered "food" is not even food at all, it is poison that can be made to look like food and sold to people who don't know any better, like tp4tissue.  If you eat it, like tp4tissue, you will become fat and depressed (and suffer other health problems, including delusional thinking, I am not making this up).  Monsanto (and others too) have stripped most of the phytonutrients from their genetically engineered "food".  (Phytonutrients are compounds found in natural food which fight, among other things, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, depression and dementia.)  It has gotten so bad over the past 15 years, that today in 2013, people are better off eating the wild dandelions from their lawns this spring than eating the so-called "spinach" that can be purchased from their local national chain supermarket.  The dandelions have more nutrition.  This is not a joke or an exaggeration.  (And under no circumstances should you eat any food you purchase from Walmart, unless you hate life and want to die a fat colossal fool like tp4tissue.) 

Ancient Greek Wisdom:

2,500 years ago Hippoctrates and the ancient Greeks knew that healthy food is important to sustaining the human body.  Hippocrates said "Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food."  Somehow in the 21st century, this knowledge has been lost.  Today, people like  tp4tissue and the Monsanto Corporation say:  "Let food be my poison, and poison be my food."  And somehow other people agree.

How Much Will Stopping Monsanto Cost tp4tissue?

The real question we should all be asking ourselves, is:  Will stopping Monsanto cost tp4tissue any money?  The answer is: no.  Curiously though tp4tissue is very worried about how much this will cost him.  First, healthy food need not cost more than poison.  And Second, even assuming arguendo that eating healthy food costs more than eating poison [which it does not], what is tp4tissue's ultimate goal?   To save money by eating poison?  If that is the case then he will ultimately end up being a wealthy corpse, who was fat and miserable every day when he was alive.  Regardless of tp4tissue's budgetary worries, eating healthy food will not cost more than eating poison.

What can be done about it?

Get the government to pass a law banning all genetically engineered foods.  The people must demand minimum standards for nutrition from the food you eat.  Currently we regulate the sale and consumption of alcohol and tobacco.  We ban heroin and cocaine.  We do not allow people to put rat poison in our children's food.  Why do we allow Monsanto to put poison us on our dinner plates?
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:51:53 »
Millions of people are marching in 400 cities around the world against Monsanto vs. tp4tissue who supports Monsanto.

Monsanto Corp.

Monsanto makes genetically engineered seeds and crops.  They are the biggest seed company in the world, and have net income of approx. $126 million (USD).  Monsanto's current stock price is approx. $104 (USD) which is still below their peak in 2008 of $140 (USD).  The corporate criminals who run Monsanto are not even serving the greedy morons who bought their stock.  They are stealing money from their shareholders, hiding profits from rightful taxation by the US Government through offshore accounts, and they are intentionally making, marketing and selling products that ruin human health and the environment. 

As if that wasn't bad enough, Monsanto is the corporation that created and sold Agent Orange, in partnership with Dow Chemical, to the US military during the Vietnam "conflict" from 1962 to 1971.   If you are an ignorant jackass who doesn't know what Agent Orange is, it is the defoliating chemical herbicide that the USA dropped from bomber airplanes on Vietnam.  The USA dropped over 19 million gallons on Vietnam.  Over 150,000 US military personnel have suffered injuries as a result of said Agent Orange.  Over 400,000 Vietnamese people were killed or maimed by Agent Orange, 500,000 suffered birth defects, and up to 1 million more people have other residual injuries. 

Genetically engineered "food" has been genetically engineered to yield higher corporate profits for food corporate farm producers and retailers.  That's it.  There is no nutrition from genetically engineered food, because genetically engineered "food" is not even food at all, it is poison that can be made to look like food and sold to people who don't know any better, like tp4tissue.  If you eat it, like tp4tissue, you will become fat and depressed (and suffer other health problems, including delusional thinking, I am not making this up).  Monsanto (and others too) have stripped most of the phytonutrients from their genetically engineered "food".  (Phytonutrients are compounds found in natural food which fight, among other things, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, depression and dementia.)  It has gotten so bad over the past 15 years, that today in 2013, people are better off eating the wild dandelions from their lawns this spring than eating the so-called "spinach" that can be purchased from their local national chain supermarket.  The dandelions have more nutrition.  This is not a joke or an exaggeration.  (And under no circumstances should you eat any food you purchase from Walmart, unless you hate life and want to die a fat colossal fool like tp4tissue.) 

Ancient Greek Wisdom:

2,500 years ago Hippoctrates and the ancient Greeks knew that healthy food is important to sustaining the human body.  Hippocrates said "Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food."  Somehow in the 21st century, this knowledge has been lost.  Today, people like  tp4tissue and the Monsanto Corporation say:  "Let food be my poison, and poison be my food."  And somehow other people agree.

The real question we should all be asking ourselves, is:  Will stopping Monsanto cost tp4tissue any money?  The answer is: no.  Curiously though tp4tissue is very worried about how much this will cost him.  First, healthy food need not cost more than poison.  And Second, even assuming arguendo that eating healthy food costs more than eating poison [which it does not], what is tp4tissue's ultimate goal?   To save money by eating poison?  If that is the case then he will ultimately end up being a wealthy corpse, who was fat and miserable every day when he was alive.  Regardless of tp4tissue's budgetary worries, eating healthy food will not cost more than eating poison.

Get the government to pass a law banning all genetically engineered foods.  The people must demand minimum standards for nutrition from the food you eat.  Currently we regulate the sale and consumption of alcohol and tobacco.  We ban heroin and cocaine.  We do not allow people to put rat poison in our children's food.  Why do we allow Monsanto to put poison us on our dinner plates?

HAHAHAHHAHAA...

You are so naive.. and so wrong.

Eating healthy food, whether it's by monsanto or not cost significantly more money.. Per pound vegetables cost as much as meat, just an example.

COST is the reason we do not reform the poor food we give to children in our very schools in the USA...  and NO ONE WANTS TO PAY...

Engineered food by monsanto IS NOT poison..

I could care less about their business practices.. Money is always acounted for in the end.. It really doesn't matter who holds it..

It is very difficult to truly squander money, because money is merely an accounting tool. While the lesser-learned people like eth0s think of it like a "reserve" or a "battery"...

In reality It is not...

Money is a form of artificial motivation, because as soon as a person is born into this world.. He is essentially in DEBT...

Because simply existing and surviving has become too trivial.. Humanity created this artificial debt to motivate people to go forward..

Monsanto may not be the BEST... but there will be people to replace them should they truly go off the deep end... and the replacement will be EXACTLY the same.... This is the nature of big business...

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:53:17 »

Monsanto Corp.

Ancient Greek Wisdom:

HAHAHAHHAHAA...

Eating healthy food, whether it's by monsanto or not cost significantly more money.. Per pound vegetables cost as much as meat, just an example.

COST is the reason we do not reform the poor food we give to children in our very schools in the USA...  and NO ONE WANTS TO PAY...

I could care less about their business practices.. Money is always acounted for in the end.. It really doesn't matter who holds it..

It is very difficult to truly squander money, because money is merely an accounting tool. While the lesser-learned people like eth0s think of it like a "reserve" or a "battery"...

In reality It is not...

Money is a form of artificial motivation, because as soon as a person is born into this world.. He is essentially in DEBT...

Because simply existing and surviving has become too trivial.. Humanity created this artificial debt to motivate people to go forward..

Monsanto may not be the BEST... but there will be people to replace them should they truly go off the deep end... and the replacement will be EXACTLY the same.... This is the nature of big business...

^  This is what happens to your brain if you eat genetically engineered food.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:54:58 »

Monsanto Corp.

Ancient Greek Wisdom:

HAHAHAHHAHAA...

In reality It is not...

Wow you break down into "only" personal insults after 1 response...  There's alot of internet defeats today.. Eth0s, WRXChris... :D

I'm on a roll.

eth0s, what you've said isn't clever at all, LOL, it's cliche,  dumb kids.. :))

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:57:21 »
Heh, while I may not agree with your points TP, +1 internets for you. I laughed.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:57:32 »
Good read while eating my Instant Lunch.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:57:45 »

Monsanto Corp.

Ancient Greek Wisdom:

HAHAHAHHAHAA...

In reality It is not...

Wow you break down into "only" personal insults after 1 response...  There's alot of internet defeats today.. Eth0s, WRXChris... :D

I'm on a roll.

You are what you eat.  If you are insulted by that fact, you should realize that it's not me that's insulting you.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:58:58 »
Heh, while I may not agree with your points TP, +1 internets for you. I laughed.

Look small fry... I agree there are BETTER ways to do things..

But my point is we DON'T do it Better, because the transitional costs are high... and the "BETTER" isn't THAT MUCH BETTER...

So, if the odds are, that you're more likely to break even after the friction, it's not worth the effort..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:02:14 »

Monsanto Corp.

Ancient Greek Wisdom:

HAHAHAHHAHAA...

In reality It is not...

I'm on a roll.

You are what you eat.  If you are insulted by that fact, you should realize that it's not me that's insulting you.

More cliche nonsense by eth0s... it seems like you've been on chan and reddit too long...

Akkkehm..

Human beings only eat 3 big groups.. Protein, Fats, Carbohydrates

The body is NOT terribly picky about the things intra-category.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:09:26 »
"More cliche nonsense by eth0s... it seems like you've been on chan and reddit too long...

Akkkehm..

The body is NOT terribly picky about the things intra-category."

Something I said must have really upset you, and I guess I should apologize, for that was not my intent.  But you continue to spew nonsense.  "ïntra-category things"?  This is meaningless.  Please take a class on nutrition.  Or better yet go outside and get some exercise.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:13:31 »

(...)

That sounded believable until the third paragraph. GM food in general is a poison? If you're serious, you're as brainwashed as tp4tissue.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:23:32 »
As a non American I'm not sure this really affects me much at all, but banning all GM foods seems a little extreme. I enjoy all kinds of GM foods that have been changed for my personal benefit, like fruit with smaller pips etc...

People aren't forced into poor diets, it's simply just a lack of education on how to diet and exercise properly.

But anything that can help make general food healthier can't be a bad thing I guess?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:27:00 »
As a non American I'm not sure this really affects me much at all, but banning all GM foods seems a little extreme. I enjoy all kinds of GM foods that have been changed for my personal benefit, like fruit with smaller pips etc...

People aren't forced into poor diets, it's simply just a lack of education on how to diet and exercise properly.

But anything that can help make general food healthier can't be a bad thing I guess?

Ok.. see. this is much better. a sensible argument put forth...

The issue the rage groups are ineffective is because the CAUSE that they're behind are usually too subjective..

Do we REALLY KNOW what makes food healthier??

We might have a general idea... but nothing concrete whatsoever...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:28:42 »

(...)

That sounded believable until the third paragraph. GM food in general is a poison? If you're serious, you're as brainwashed as tp4tissue.

LOL, now i'm brainwashed... I am aware I serve an evil overlord.. seriously.. I know they're bad in many ways... but the alternative is what, join Eth0s and grow my own food at poor economy of scale, and scrape the bottom to survive?? :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:30:55 »
"More cliche nonsense by eth0s... it seems like you've been on chan and reddit too long...

Akkkehm..

The body is NOT terribly picky about the things intra-category."

Something I said must have really upset you, and I guess I should apologize, for that was not my intent.  But you continue to spew nonsense.  "ïntra-category things"?  This is meaningless.  Please take a class on nutrition.  Or better yet go outside and get some exercise.

Given the context, having posted 3 categories prior, intra-categories, is.... :D

Someone's forgetting about context clues...

Ehth0s, I'm think there is indeed some misunderstanding between us..

I agree that Monsanto may be unsound... but there are no alternatives, and simply breaking Monsanto will not fix the problem.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:38:55 »

(...)

In the Czech Republic, one of the top three producers of GM crops in the EU, production of Bt maize, used for animal feed, dropped 27 percent to just 4,680 hectares, while organic crop acreage increased 30 percent in 2010.  Czech consumers have been rejecting GM foods, even in a recession, in favor of more expensive organic foods. 

Czech people are starting to see that GM crops are not the panacea they were promised to be.  Plus the only reason you had GM crops in your country in the first place is that the US Government pushed you to grow them.  If you want the US Government to tell you what to do, that is up to you.  But, I'm sure you don't want to see a GM version of Pilsner Urquell, do you?  How about being forced to drink a nice tall glass of American Budweiser?  Sound good?  If yes then you agree with US Trade Representative Mary Sapiro.  She said unequivocally that she expects all Europeans to enjoy heaping portions of American cuisine with no concerns whatsoever.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:43:38 »

(...)

In the Czech Republic, one of the top three producers of GM crops in the EU, production of Bt maize, used for animal feed, dropped 27 percent to just 4,680 hectares, while organic crop acreage increased 30 percent in 2010.  Czech consumers have been rejecting GM foods, even in a recession, in favor of more expensive organic foods. 

Czech people are starting to see that GM crops are not the panacea they were promised to be.  Plus the only reason you had GM crops in your country in the first place is that the US Government pushed you to grow them.  If you want the US Government to tell you what to do, that is up to you.  But, I'm sure you don't want to see a GM version of Pilsner Urquell, do you?  How about being forced to drink a nice tall glass of American Budweiser?  Sound good?  If yes then you agree with US Trade Representative Mary Sapiro.  She said unequivocally that she expects all Europeans to enjoy heaping portions of American cuisine with no concerns whatsoever.

No, this is a business/political issue that you've mentioned... No one in Czech believes that GM crops are "poisoned"

Organic is also BS, makes for good marketing, and in a smaller country like Czech it is much easier for them to adopt such a "fashion"..

In larger countries however, organic is but a fad, AND most of the time, A LIE outright...

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 16:02:28 »

(...)

No, this is a business/political issue that you've mentioned... No one in Czech believes that GM crops are "poisoned"

Organic is also BS, makes for good marketing, and in a smaller country like Czech it is much easier for them to adopt such a "fashion"..

In larger countries however, organic is but a fad, AND most of the time, A LIE outright...

tp4tissue:  What can I say?  You are the most disagreeable person on this forum.  I do not want to insult you, and again I apologize for insulting you earlier.  But please go to Prague.  Or read something about the issue.  I have done both.  The US Govt. is forcing smaller and weaker states like the Czech Republic to accept GM foods and crops.  It is an outrage.  If you are for such victimization, then I have to respectfully agree to disagree with you.  But I caution you not to unwittingly act as an apologist for such a foreign policy.  If you are a big shareholder of Monsanto Corp, I guess you will never see my point of view.  Regardless of your financial interest in Monsanto, GM foods are a real problem, which you are choosing to ignore.  I guess I cannot convince you of a danger that you cannot see or taste.  But it's there.  I would like to see an America where there are no fat people.  We are rich enough, and smart enough to accomplish this feat, simply by having real food to eat.  Well, I guess I should say I want to live in an America where the only fat Americans are those that choose to be fat, not the America we have today, where the pituitary gland of every American who eats GM food and other corporate mass-produced food is being flooded with hormones and chemicals without your knowledge and consent from the very food you eat, which in turn makes them fat.  Choosing to be fat is lamentable, forcing people to be fat without their consent is horrific. 

Also I agree that the terms "organic" and "natural" should be regulated.  But again, the large corporations that are blocking such regulation are Monsanto and their ilk.  They do not want Americans to know what that they have a healthy choice, since like in the Czech Republic, they are afraid people will overwhelmingly choose healthy foods, even if they cost more. 

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 16:33:28 »

(...)

tp4tissue:  What can I say?  You are the most disagreeable person on this forum.  I do not want to insult you, and again I apologize for insulting you earlier.  But please go to Prague.  Or read something about the issue.  I have done both.  The US Govt. is forcing smaller and weaker states like the Czech Republic to accept GM foods and crops.  It is an outrage.  If you are for such victimization, then I have to respectfully agree to disagree with you.  But I caution you not to unwittingly act as an apologist for such a foreign policy.  If you are a big shareholder of Monsanto Corp, I guess you will never see my point of view.  Regardless of your financial interest in Monsanto, GM foods are a real problem, which you are choosing to ignore.  I guess I cannot convince you of a danger that you cannot see or taste.  But it's there.  I would like to see an America where there are no fat people.  We are rich enough, and smart enough to accomplish this feat, simply by having real food to eat.  Well, I guess I should say I want to live in an America where the only fat Americans are those that choose to be fat, not the America we have today, where the pituitary gland of every American who eats GM food and other corporate mass-produced food is being flooded with hormones and chemicals without your knowledge and consent from the very food you eat, which in turn makes them fat.  Choosing to be fat is lamentable, forcing people to be fat without their consent is horrific. 

Also I agree that the terms "organic" and "natural" should be regulated.  But again, the large corporations that are blocking such regulation are Monsanto and their ilk.  They do not want Americans to know what that they have a healthy choice, since like in the Czech Republic, they are afraid people will overwhelmingly choose healthy foods, even if they cost more. 

tp4tissue is actually right here. Growing GM crops and mostly oilseed rape was mostly a political decision, same mistake as with photovoltaics and such sources of energy, based on environmentalist hype/lobby and pressure from EU.

Organic food is a completely different story. (BTW we have the worst quality food maybe in whole Europe. Same with GSM and such stuff. Specific market, sigh...)
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 May 2013, 16:35:19 by davkol »

Offline dante

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 16:42:04 »
My main concern is soil depletion.  I would love to own a device that can scan food to let me know how many nutrients remain.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 17:06:34 »

(...)

tp4tissue is actually right here. Growing GM crops and mostly oilseed rape was mostly a political decision, same mistake as with photovoltaics and such sources of energy, based on environmentalist hype/lobby and pressure from EU.

Organic food is a completely different story. (BTW we have the worst quality food maybe in whole Europe. Same with GSM and such stuff. Specific market, sigh...)

Davkol..

Don't take it the wrong way..

But I'm actually OK with Every country becoming the United States.. Names don't

(...)

Oh.. god... don't get me started on photovoltaic... GDI.... I can't believe people are putting down money upfront for that and enter into 30yr plans.... It's like they've never heard of inflation or interest rates before....

Offline pasph

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 17:31:18 »
"I remember that Monsanto and its products have recently been banned from Poland, precisely because its genetically modified maize devastated the bee population in the country.  In this context, here is the move of Monsanto is to buy the organization that conducts research in the world on this issue.  The matter in surrounded by the fact that the institution in question - they work for the best experts entomologists on the planet - has also recently stated that the Worldwide mortality of bees be found in a certain cause: the products of Monsanto. "
from an article somewhere in the internet...
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"