Author Topic: How long before all cool the people leaving GH are back on GH?  (Read 2871 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Taking all bets!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: How long before all cool the people leaving GH are back on GH?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:53:47 »
I'm guessing they will be back by the time we have an interest check for a wireless Phantom or wireless GH60 lol.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:55:40 »
WAT R U TALKIN ABOUT I NEVER LEFT LOL
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:58:24 »
WAT R U TALKIN ABOUT I NEVER LEFT LOL

24416-0

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:06:31 »
I'm guessing they will be back by the time we have an interest check for a wireless Phantom or wireless GH60 lol.

:o

Sorry I forgot what I was going to say after thinking about that......

Offline dante

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 07:42:29 »
I left GH a couple times but I was never cool :(

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 07:50:07 »
I thought that the definition of "cool people" was "people who are keyboard enthusiasts"

You join the forum to find the perfect keyboard and leave it when you are satisfied.

Unless you just like to correspond with other cool people.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 07:53:21 »
I thought that the definition of "cool people" was "people who are keyboard enthusiasts"

You join the forum to find the perfect keyboard and leave it when you are satisfied.

I kind of feel like that . I satisfied all my keyboard needs with 2 great keyboards at work, and one great keyboard with all the customization I want at home. Though I do feel slightly less interested since I am not actually looking to buy anything (except for some of Beast's wood  :) ). On the other hand, the forum is big enough and the topics are varied enough to keep coming back.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 08:01:16 »

What made you leave? And why did you come back?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 08:35:35 »

What made you leave? And why did you come back?

Why do most people just keep coming back? Addicted to Click Crack, but stay for the company and pictures.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 08:42:33 »
Pretty sure dante isn't into Clacks. But you might be right, Clacks are pretty popular.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 11:58:53 »
Cool people are being cool by saying "hey I won't be GH active so much anymore," their lives are a treasure moving in a new direction.

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 12:04:39 »
its going to be summer soon.  everyone will crawl back into their caves once the weather starts getting cold again.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 13:24:10 »
The first and foremost reason people use the internet is because AFK friends are too time-consuming to hang out with..

I can say one thing, and all ya'll can read it.. but if I wanted to do that with real people... It would take me multiple trips..  And they would also have to by coincidence be free..

AFK people are not worth the trouble..

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 14:07:03 »
need mo click crack man
I hope some of the cool kids come back soon
but it's good to know i shall stay in touch regardless

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 20:41:34 »
Fear not everyone, I r still here :D

:))

I'm still looking for my perfect keyboard, and the collection is growing ...

its going to be summer soon.  everyone will crawl back into their caves once the weather starts getting cold again.

It's going to be winter soon down here.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 20:54:21 »
It's going to be winter soon down here.

Winter is coming?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 21:13:26 »
Is here already, technically, although not cold yet.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 02:47:11 »

or, in my case, stay to only talk in off-topic section.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 03:53:34 »
214 days, exactly!