Author Topic: danielucf love me please  (Read 3530 times)

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
danielucf love me please
« on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:29:29 »
Over two weeks ago, I purchased a set of Cherry keycaps from user danielucf in this thread http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33182.0 I sent him the agreed upon amount of money and he said it would be shipped the 3rd. Well I still haven't received the keycaps yet and the last I was in contact was the 28th. Since the 28th, I have sent multiple messages asking if he shipped it, then asking for a tracking number, then giving up and asking for a refund. I am surprised by such a bold move by a member with many good reviews. http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=25491 He claimed he is on vacation last I contacted him (the 28th) but he has been vising geekhack daily since then. Now that all the important information is layed out, is there anything I can do to get my keycaps or money back?
TL;DR Member scammed me and I'm mad
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:45:15 by TheFlyingRaccoon »
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: What can I do after I've been scammed by a member?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:36:47 »
I think you might've jumped the gun here. If you've only waited 2 weeks before saying someone scammed you, it seems a little hasty. I was on vacation for a week and then afk for a few days. Just because I had access to GH doesn't mean I have the ability to conduct business: PMs don't work great in Tapatalk, I can't access Paypal if I'm not at home, and I certainly can't ship things. Maybe you should've waited another week before trying to handle this in PMs, maybe PMing a mod or even filing a Paypal dispute. Questioning a member's reputation in public after a short wait doesn't seem fair. I know you're eager; waiting is hard. Besides, didn't he just get married? He might be busy with that?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:40:12 »
yeah i would jsut remove this, 2 weeks is a very short period of time, deal with these matters in private, this should be a last resort
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:42:50 »
I think you might've jumped the gun here. If you've only waited 2 weeks before saying someone scammed you, it seems a little hasty. I was on vacation for a week and then afk for a few days. Just because I had access to GH doesn't mean I have the ability to conduct business: PMs don't work great in Tapatalk, I can't access Paypal if I'm not at home, and I certainly can't ship things. Maybe you should've waited another week before trying to handle this in PMs, maybe PMing a mod or even filing a Paypal dispute. Questioning a member's reputation in public after a short wait doesn't seem fair. I know you're eager; waiting is hard. Besides, didn't he just get married? He might be busy with that?

I understand all of this but the one main reason I made this post is he promised he would ship it the 3rd. I don't mind waiting months he he had informed me I would be waiting months. But telling me a specific date then not following through or informing me he was late is just sketchy.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:44:48 by TheFlyingRaccoon »

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:44:15 »
yeah i would jsut remove this, 2 weeks is a very short period of time, deal with these matters in private, this should be a last resort

It's been 17 days and I've tried everything to contact him. I pretty much gave up, this is my last resort.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:44:39 »
Yeah, I see no reason to remove this thread, 2 weeks with no communication is excessive. Leave it up, just don't go start a witch hunt. Although that title is pure click-bait, maybe something a little less aggressive, like "danielucf love me"

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:46:02 »
Yeah, I see no reason to remove this thread, 2 weeks with no communication is excessive. Leave it up, just don't go start a witch hunt. Although that title is pure click-bait, maybe something a little less aggressive, like "danielucf love me"

I am trying to be respectful about this matter, it's just been 17 days and I don't know what to do. Also I fixed the title for you.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: danielucf love me please
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:52:18 »
I can understand your feelings in this matter. They are completely rational. But also, there may be certain situations, such as this one, where some understanding for circumstances of the other party come into play. As it stands, danielucf was recently married, and embarked on a honeymoon. Most people who purchased items from him, including myself, did so with that understanding, and knew a wait was to be expected.

I do agree with your concerns, and I also agree that it would have been nice if he would have notified you that he wasn't able to ship the item as was previously planned. But I personally feel that that was probably something that was overlooked by him during a time of many thoughts and general busyness. danielucf seems to be a person who follows through with his transactions, as shown by his heatware, and I believe that a bit more time of waiting, though not a fun thing, will see this transaction completed as well.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:53:56 »
FWIW, I'm still waiting for a payment after almost two months for a member to pay me for shipping. I honestly think you didn't wait enough before posting this. The fact that he broke a promise might irk you but things happen. Good luck with a resolution.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 12:55:42 »
last I contacted him (the 28th) but he has been vising geekhack daily since then.
I use tapatalk on my phone and it says that I am active when I am not.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:22:53 »
I can understand your feelings in this matter. They are completely rational. But also, there may be certain situations, such as this one, where some understanding for circumstances of the other party come into play. As it stands, danielucf was recently married, and embarked on a honeymoon. Most people who purchased items from him, including myself, did so with that understanding, and knew a wait was to be expected.

I do agree with your concerns, and I also agree that it would have been nice if he would have notified you that he wasn't able to ship the item as was previously planned. But I personally feel that that was probably something that was overlooked by him during a time of many thoughts and general busyness. danielucf seems to be a person who follows through with his transactions, as shown by his heatware, and I believe that a bit more time of waiting, though not a fun thing, will see this transaction completed as well.

FWIW, I'm still waiting for a payment after almost two months for a member to pay me for shipping. I honestly think you didn't wait enough before posting this. The fact that he broke a promise might irk you but things happen. Good luck with a resolution.

I understand. I just want this resolved in a respectful manner and I was not sure what to do. I can lock this thread if that is necessary but I just want to know what to do. Just wait yet another 2 weeks and hope he contacts me?

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:29:36 »
This thread needs more Toxic CCs.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:34:21 »
Send him more PMs and talk it over with a mod if you want. If you're really irked, you can try a PayPal dispute but that should be the last resort along with a public thread like this. Most of all, I'd just be patient.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:35:54 »
Send him more PMs and talk it over with a mod if you want. If you're really irked, you can try a PayPal dispute but that should be the last resort along with a public thread like this. Most of all, I'd just be patient.

On a side note, anyone have any Cherry lasered PBT sets for sale  :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:38:50 »
Teach you to trust people over the internet... :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:40:10 »

Sherry has BSP (Cherry PBT) caps for sale in a GroupBuy right now. I *think* they're dye-subbed though.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:42:47 »

Sherry has BSP (Cherry PBT) caps for sale in a GroupBuy right now. I *think* they're dye-subbed though.

Do you realize those are $135? They are more expensive than any of my keyboards.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:46:20 »

Do you realize those are $135? They are more expensive than any of my keyboards.

what's your point...

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:47:18 »

what's your point...

I forgot that the primary use of mechanical keyboards is to display keycaps.  :p

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:53:44 »
You asked a question and I answered it. I'm sorry I don't know what you're comfortable with spending.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:53:57 »

Good point, meeba. Offer him a free Toxic CC and see how quickly he will respond then!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:03:15 »
You asked a question and I answered it. I'm sorry I don't know what you're comfortable with spending.

I'm sorry if I came across as rude. The original set I bought was $20 from daniel so I was looking for something more that price. Thank you though.

Good point, meeba. Offer him a free Toxic CC and see how quickly he will respond then!

The perfect trap!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:18:00 »
$20, that's it?

you're this worried over $20...

There is 0 chance that your CC company will not side with you over $20 should daniel actually stiff you...

this thread was unnecessary..

I thought you bought a kmac or something.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:21:11 »
$20, that's it?

There is 0 chance that your CC company will not side with you over $20 should daniel actually stiff you...

I believe I stated that in the main thread. And I really don't care if I get the $20 back or the keycaps, I'm just frustrated that I member I thought was trustworthy would do this. What if someone bought a kmac from him and the same thing happened? 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:27:45 »
$20, that's it?

I believe I stated that in the main thread. And I really don't care if I get the $20 back or the keycaps, I'm just frustrated that I member I thought was trustworthy would do this. What if someone bought a kmac from him and the same thing happened? 

yea i knew you bought caps, i used kmac as a replacement for "lots of money"..

But.. just chill dude.. you're giving yourself a hard time more so than daniel

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:30:52 »
Sorry about the lack of communication. Since I've gotten back I've gone from opening shifts at 5am to closing shifts starting at 10am and ending at 10pm and have been unable to get to the post office. I am going to refund the money and send the keycaps still, in fact they have been in my car ready to ship I just have not been by the post office. I have no good excuse for not replying to the last message you sent me, I have a bunch of toxic order modifications I need to process I am just waiting till I have time to do them all at once. I have another outstanding order for an ErgoDox sitting in my car too so I installed switch stickers for that person to try and make amends and will do what ever makes him happy.

Essentially life has been insane with getting married, playing catch up at work/home, I've done zero school work 4 weeks into the semester, and work wants me to get Security+ certified for sure, and possibly CISSP.

I will love you, and everyone else, do not worry.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:34:45 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:32:48 »
Sorry about the lack of communication. Since I've gotten back I've gone from opening shifts at 5am to closing shifts starting at 10am anding at 10pm and have been unable to get to the post office. I am going to refund the money and send the keycaps still, in fact they have been in my car ready to ship I just have not been by the post office. I have no good excuse for not replying to the last message you sent me, I have a bunch of toxic order modifications I need to process I am just waiting till I have time to do them all at once. I have another outstanding order for an ErgoDox sitting in my car too so I installed switch stickers for that person to try and make amends and will do what ever makes him happy.

Essentially life has been insane with getting married, playing catch up at work/home, I've done zero school work 4 weeks into the semester, and work wants me to get Security+ certified for sure, and possibly CISSP.

I am so sorry for this whole confusion. I'm sure keyboards are pretty low on the important list of things you have to do.  :)) Anyways if you could just PM me that would be great.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:33:36 »
Sorry about the lack of communication. Since I've gotten back I've gone from opening shifts at 5am to closing shifts starting at 10am anding at 10pm and have been unable to get to the post office. I am going to refund the money and send the keycaps still, in fact they have been in my car ready to ship I just have not been by the post office. I have no good excuse for not replying to the last message you sent me, I have a bunch of toxic order modifications I need to process I am just waiting till I have time to do them all at once. I have another outstanding order for an ErgoDox sitting in my car too so I installed switch stickers for that person to try and make amends and will do what ever makes him happy.

^^ this guy, dealing with real life and still taking care of bro's on GH!! ;)

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:43:42 »
Everything worked out fine  :) Now I will lock this thread and hopefully an admin can delete this waste of space.