Author Topic: Temporary Leave  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
Temporary Leave
« on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:34:08 »
Girlfriend wants me off geekhack until I get a full-time job [40hrs part time is just not enough].
I completely understand this and agree. There are priorities.

Please PM me if you need me, I will still get email notifications of PMs. My email is also available fakeflight (at) gmail.com if you want to contact me directly.
I will be back by Fall. [unless i get accepted into my teaching certificate program - in that case I will be back in the winter]

Until next time,
Last
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:41:21 by Lastpilot »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: Temporary Leave
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:36:26 »
I hope you find a job that you enjoy. See you soon, man. Best of luck  :)
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:36:37 »
I'd take your email off since we can email you to the account bound to your email under your avatar. :

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:38:10 »
Does 40hrs part time mean odd shifts and partial days or something?  40hrs was full time where I came from.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:39:12 »
I am just listing my email for clarification sake lol. And yeah 40 hours is full time, I am technically working 39.6 hours if you must know lol.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:40:35 »
I am just listing my email for clarification sake lol. And yeah 40 hours is full time, I am technically working 39.6 hours if you must know lol.
I think his point was that now that your email is on display with @ and everything spambots can easily grab it and start spamming you.
That's why you often see people listing their mail as something (at) gmail dot com.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:41:11 »
Ah okay lol that makes sense. thank you for that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:43:40 »
wwuuukssshhh............................ :D

Offline Lbeuol

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:55:29 »
Good luck on your career and have fun!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:57:45 »
Awww, hopefully we'll see you around soon :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 23:14:31 »
That's sweet, putting gf ahead of GH - good luck guys :)

I mean this in the most positive way - you have your priorities right!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 23:18:16 »
Come back soon Lastpilot!!!

I'd take your email off since we can email you to the account bound to your email under your avatar. :

That doesn't even work! I've tested sending emails to myself several times and it never worked.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 23:19:13 »
Hm, interesting. I'll have to test it out also sometime.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 23:43:45 »
Someone sent an email to me through GH once - it used to work!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 17:50:41 »
I'm still confused.. your gf wants you to get a full time job, which is 40 hours, but you're currently working 39.6 hours?

Offline iri

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 01:42:29 »
he's underworking 0.4 hours, what's confusing?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 01:51:17 »
That's just silly

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 01:54:04 »
Maybe she wants benefits/health insurance

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 01:56:23 »
40 hours part time could be half a day here, half a day there, shift work, on call.

Full time might be 9 to 5 kinda thing.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 14:47:15 »
I hope you find a job that you enjoy. See you soon, man. Best of luck  :)

Ha!  Don't we all?
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 16:07:03 »
Good luckyo, peace.
I love Elzy

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 16:26:55 »
I'm still confused.. your gf wants you to get a full time job, which is 40 hours, but you're currently working 39.6 hours?

Probably his employer jerking him around and avoiding having to pay benefits by scheduling him below 40.

If that isn't the reason I'm confused by what your GF is asking you to to. Find a new job?