Author Topic: Looking for something similar to a Logitech K810  (Read 7353 times)

Offline masok

Looking for something similar to a Logitech K810
« on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 14:44:39 »
Hey, I'm trying to find a good thin, flat, TKL keyboard. I type quite a lot (coding) and do some casual gaming, and I really like the chiclet style keyboards. However, I want something completely flat, and the Logitech K810 seemed perfect. Only problem is, its wireless, and I'm looking for something wired. I know the K810 comes with a USB cable, but I already asked, and it doesn't work as a USB keyboard. Many people told me to go for an apple keyboard, but those have that thing in the back where you can plug USB, and you can't take that out, so the keyboard is always lifted. Been looking at the HHKB Killer from DealExtreme, but that one has a bar on the back, so that's a no go as well.

Basically, this http://img2.mlstatic.com/teclado-bluetooth-logitech-k810-recargable-iluminado_MLA-O-3442584449_112012.jpg

Any ideas?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Looking for something similar to a Logitech K810
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:05:18 »
Hey, I'm trying to find a good thin, flat, TKL keyboard. I type quite a lot (coding) and do some casual gaming, and I really like the chiclet style keyboards. However, I want something completely flat, and the Logitech K810 seemed perfect. Only problem is, its wireless, and I'm looking for something wired. I know the K810 comes with a USB cable, but I already asked, and it doesn't work as a USB keyboard. Many people told me to go for an apple keyboard, but those have that thing in the back where you can plug USB, and you can't take that out, so the keyboard is always lifted. Been looking at the HHKB Killer from DealExtreme, but that one has a bar on the back, so that's a no go as well.

Basically, this http://img2.mlstatic.com/teclado-bluetooth-logitech-k810-recargable-iluminado_MLA-O-3442584449_112012.jpg

Any ideas?

flat is bad for your hands.

Get an ergodox if you're serious about coding..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:06:41 »
What's wrong with a wireless keyboard?

Offline masok

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 18:56:42 »

Actually, I read that a lifted keyboard is bad for your hands.
Might not be true, but it makes sense.

What's wrong with a wireless keyboard?

I've used the Logitech K360 for a while, and it's great for typing, but I could notice some lag when I was gaming.
I would prefer to go for a wired keyboard.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 18:58:30 »
If you seriously think that flat keys are better, you're seriously mistaken. The Logitech K800 which I have, is far, far, far, far worse for typing than any other keyboard I have.

And yes, you're correct, you need the Logitech Unifying receiver and you won't have to worry about it, but the battery life is also quite long, I gave it to my sister and she only recharged it once in an entire month.

But none of that would make me choose it over a CM Quick Fire Rapid with Cherry MX Blues if it's programming you want.

Actually, I read that a lifted keyboard is bad for your hands.
Might not be true, but it makes sense.

I call bull**** on that one.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 June 2013, 19:00:43 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 19:05:09 »
I've used the Logitech K360 for a while, and it's great for typing, but I could notice some lag when I was gaming.
I would prefer to go for a wired keyboard.

Sounds about right. Logitech has a pretty bad receiver design overall. Microsoft's is better, but wired is getting damned hard to find any more.

There's the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000, the Sculpt might be to your liking as its cabled but not TKL. You might like the Keytronic K9.3 which is chiclet and USB, but also not TKL.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline masok

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 19:55:39 »

I read about that here
http://lifehacker.com/leave-your-keyboard-feet-folded-in-for-better-ergonomic-514381372
Might not be the most realiable source, but...

About the battery life on the keyboard, there might have been something wrong with the one I had (a friend gave it to me after he bought a new one), but I had to recharge it once a week at least, sometimes more than that.

Might have to take a look at that again.

I have one of these cheap keyboards (http://www.resourcesforlife.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/20130114mo-genius-luxemate-i200-wired-usb-small-keyboard-side-view.jpg), and since I wanted it to be flat, I grabbed a saw and cut that back part.
I know, it's sad, and the result wasn't pretty.
But I found it very comfortable to type in after that.
(It broke a few weeks ago, cheap keyboard)

I guess I should stop being a **** and just go for a mechanical board.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 20:06:15 »

I read about that here
http://lifehacker.com/leave-your-keyboard-feet-folded-in-for-better-ergonomic-514381372
Might not be the most realiable source, but...

It has nothing to with tenting.