Author Topic: Leopold 2013?  (Read 2751 times)

Offline shaggykiwi

Leopold 2013?
« on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 07:58:06 »
Hello

Im hesitating to buy a keyboard.

I saw that the FC700R is a 2012 model even if it came with a second revision version.

Do you guys know if a 2013 edition will come pretty soon ? if it's the case, what s new would they probably offer? and when will that be release around since we are already in june.
I saw on the official website (im korean) that they ll release about 2-3 keyboards in 2013 (FC660M and C already came out)

I'm interested into backlit to if possible so i'm hesitating between the ducky shine 3 , the FC700R (even if its not backlit and they have a non standard spacebar) or waiting the 2013 edition of the FC700R (and praying for a backlit version)

Thx a lot

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Leopold 2013?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 08:28:11 »
If you really want a backlit board, I think you need to wait for a Ducky. I've never seen a Leopold that had backlighting. My FC700R doesn't have backlighting either. And I haven't heard any news of a 2013 edition of the FC700R. The 2012 version is pretty hard to get as is in the USA.

How do you feel about the spacebar?

Offline therecorder

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 08:42:55 »
IMHO, if you want a backlit board, go with Ducky...  Doubt you'll find anything better, especially for that price.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 12:11:50 »
i think leopold will not make any backlit keyboard  :D

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 13:26:21 »
I suggest not even going back lit lol because there really isn't a reason for it, especially if you touch type. Wait for a Shine III.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline Shuki

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 13:45:36 »
Through the same logic there is also no point getting custom coloured keycaps I guess, as you aren't going to be looking at the keyboard anyway.

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 14:09:28 »
Through the same logic there is also no point getting custom coloured keycaps I guess, as you aren't going to be looking at the keyboard anyway.

Which is why I got blank keycaps XD
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 16:19:22 »
The only 2013 edtion is the FC660M from Leopold.

Offline shaggykiwi

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 11:20:48 »
Hey! Thx everybody for your answers !  :)

I've finished by buying the FC700R (New Light Grey version in korean/english layout)

I bought some keycaps with it :p

I'll wait the ducky shine 10 when they'll have PBT keycaps with backlit then :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 12:08:04 »
As far as I know, they're not making an ergodox, for shame...

most of these manufacturers are just repackaging the same **** you guys already own...

Year after year we've bought their updated crap.... NO MORE......

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 12:09:48 »
And if you want a TKL backlit keyboard on a budget, KeyCool keyboards are nice.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline ImperfectLink

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:04:54 »
And if you want a TKL backlit keyboard on a budget, KeyCool keyboards are nice.

I recently had a poor experience with the backlit KC-84. The weight was great but the quality of the legends was poor and I had a loose switch. I'll post the review once the return has been processed.

Offline knotra

• I ญญญ♥ ⌂ ♫
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 18:53:04 »
As far as I know, they're not making an ergodox, for shame...

most of these manufacturers are just repackaging the same **** you guys already own...

Year after year we've bought their updated crap.... NO MORE......

does anyone sell premade ergodox boards? i'd be interested in buying one.
Keyboards: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Das Model S Ultimate Tactile Soft, Das Model S Professional Tactile Click, Corsair Vengeance K90, Steelseries 6gv2 Black Switch, Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Soft Linear Action, Ducky DK9087 Shine II w/ Browns, Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ Blues, WASD Keyboard v1 w/ Browns, Leopold FC200R Tacticle Touch, White Filco Majestouch-2 TKL Click Action, Ducky DK9008G2 PRO Dark Grey Version PBT w/ Clears, Realforce 87U Tenkeyless 45g White/Grey

Offline Shuki

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 20:47:04 »

Which is why I got blank keycaps XD

Why even have keycaps at all, not like you are looking at them.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 20:53:41 »

ironically enough the sarcasm in your post is truer than the point you're trying to make with it
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 21:13:01 »
You look at the keyboard as an accessory on your desk.  You don't look at the keyboard when typing :)  Totally different things!  In an odd way.  It's like not looking at the shoes you wear, which is what happens most of the time, but then most people buy their shoes selectively, caring about the message those shoes' appearance will send to others.

Offline therecorder

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 21:26:02 »
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_times_does_a_person_touch_their_face_daily

So, I think it logical to assume that we look at our keyboards (and our shoes) a lot more times than we are aware of.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 21:30:52 »
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_times_does_a_person_touch_their_face_daily

So, I think it logical to assume that we look at our keyboards (and our shoes) a lot more times than we are aware of.

Ok, that's just great... now I'm going to be self-conscious about touching my face and watching where my hands go :)  Thanks a lot :D

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 22:37:33 »
You look at the keyboard as an accessory on your desk.  You don't look at the keyboard when typing :)  Totally different things!  In an odd way.  It's like not looking at the shoes you wear, which is what happens most of the time, but then most people buy their shoes selectively, caring about the message those shoes' appearance will send to others.

Reminds me of when I was an avid sneaker collector (hence those boxes in the background in my avatar pic).

Which is why I like the blank look. It looks like a sexy all black Mazda and the awesome cap and the red escape are the nice little accents. To me backlighting looks like tacky neons under a nice car. Cool at first but childish when you really look at them, especially when done poorly.