Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8670972 times)

Offline rao2100

Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #1400 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 19:44:17 »
Did you guys hear, there are fake clacks it seems. Heard it from this thread:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51258.0

Oh the horror...
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1401 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 20:09:14 »

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #1402 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 16:38:45 »
I wish there was one thread called clacks that just consolidated all of the other threads about clacks into one. That way I wouldn't have to check seven threads to get information about clacks. There should be a newsletter or something "today in clacks".

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1403 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 17:16:10 »
No, because the little valuable information we have on Clacks would be drowned in the flood of people whinging, criticising, accusing and complaining about them.

Same for a newsletter - you could have a Clack of the Month, Clack Christmas Special, but probably end up with lots of articles about people complaining about how people act around Clacks.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #1404 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 18:15:35 »
I love the word "whinge", we don't use that in the states.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #1405 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 18:43:43 »
LOlz i made this MS paint AHHAH XD i suck in MS paint, but i Call the key cap "The Freemen" ^_^

Guys, I'm still thinking about that hipster Clack.  Waht if CC made some?  How kewl would that be?  Only problem is that the Hipster Clack would have to wear a pork pie hat, beard, and glasses.  Tats, skinny jeans, a checked shirt, and a $1,000 fixed-gear bike, of course.  (Also no job, but a 2,000 sq. foot loft apartment in Brooklyn, NY, in a neighborhood with a made-up name, like "Gowanumbo".)  And some hipster shoes:

Also the Hipster Clack wouldn't bathe regularly and would carry a banjo around, even though he can't play it.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1406 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 06:47:42 »
Has anyone ever seen Click Clack's clack collection? Would love to see some photos of that! I just imagine a rainbow of skulls  :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1407 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 13:16:28 »
Has anyone ever seen Click Clack's clack collection? Would love to see some photos of that! I just imagine a rainbow of skulls  :cool:

That is a dream, a fantasy, that would dispel the myths were it ever to be revealed.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #1408 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 16:09:38 »
click clacks

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1409 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 16:33:21 »
I want all dem clackssssssssssssssssss  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1410 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 16:39:39 »

Admitting you have an obsession is the first step on the road to recovery ;)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #1411 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 16:44:03 »
I need a Wallet Therapy

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1412 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 17:28:57 »

I need a Wallet Therapy

haha yeah!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1413 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 20:57:22 »

My first clack (one of dustinhxc's candy corns) is on its way… how afraid should I be that I'll be broke a few months from now?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1414 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 21:10:15 »

My first clack (one of dustinhxc's candy corns) is on its way… how afraid should I be that I'll be broke a few months from now?

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1415 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 21:20:07 »

Considering that a Candy Corn Blank was my first and is my favorite; it got me hooked. Id be worried...  ;) hehe

Just try to tell yourself to be patient not like me ;P

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1416 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 21:27:34 »
Got the legocaps from john.....I'm $60 into CC's.....and I still want a julysicle....save me pls

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1417 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 22:07:11 »
Got the legocaps from john.....I'm $60 into CC's.....and I still want a julysicle....save me pls

Quote from: Yoda
once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will

;D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1418 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 22:07:50 »
aaaand found out they're not even cc's. But still want dem julysicles

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1419 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 22:08:10 »

once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will

;D

He just found out that the legoheads are not** CC's... poor guy. Still cool caps doeee

Edit: thanks ray
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 December 2013, 22:59:40 by kenmai9 »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1420 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 22:43:29 »
I was very confused by his original message, I was going to say something but had no idea what to say  :confused:

He now knows

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1421 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 22:49:55 »

;D

He just found out that the legoheads are DEFINITELY NOT CC's... poor guy. Still cool caps doeee

FTFY

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1422 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 22:54:33 »

;D

He just found out that the legoheads are DEFINITELY NOT CC's... poor guy. Still cool caps doeee

FTFY

I've been noticing that a fair bit lately. Someone posts a hand sculpted or unusual cap? OH HAI NICE CLACK!!! *facepalm*
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1423 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 22:56:38 »

;D

FTFY

I've been noticing that a fair bit lately. Someone posts a hand sculpted or unusual cap? OH HAI NICE CLACK!!! *facepalm*

But if something's surrounded by clacks, is it safe to assume that they are?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1424 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 22:57:11 »

;D

FTFY

Of course.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1425 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 23:01:41 »

;D

FTFY

Well the two keys above those in the auction were NOT clacks either....

It's always good to know what your buying before you buy it.  :thumb:

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1426 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 23:07:12 »

;D

FTFY

Well the two keys above those in the auction were NOT clacks either....

It's always good to know what your buying before you buy it.  :thumb:

0.0 really?

I have to read up more about old keycaps.......

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1427 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 23:24:09 »
I wonder what my first Clack will be...

At least i have to be patient in getting one as i'm really broke and i can't spend 100$ on a keycap at this point

ONE DAY I SHALL HAVE A CLACK AND A CLICK

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1428 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 23:26:41 »
Show Image

At least i have to be patient in getting one as i'm really broke and i can't spend 100$ on a keycap at this point
Show Image

Show Image

$60 for octopink WASD or $60 for pot cc's
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 December 2013, 23:33:05 by Pacifist »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1429 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 23:29:15 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1430 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 23:30:41 »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1431 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 23:50:54 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

$60 for octopink WASD or $60 for pot cc's
Those really aren't my favorite. To me at least they aren't worth 60$

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1432 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 00:03:19 »

;D

FTFY

Need a shot of the bottom to prove Clackness.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1433 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 00:53:24 »

That is a dream, a fantasy, that would dispel the myths were it ever to be revealed.

Guess I will just have to keep imagining.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1434 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 03:51:38 »

I imagine, on an almost daily basis, that I have a large and varied Clack collection.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1435 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 07:26:03 »

I imagine, on an almost daily basis, that I have a large and varied Clack collection.

Your getting there!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1436 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:29:02 »

Your getting there!!

Very slowly, my friend, very slowly.

I have four now.  But at least each one is significantly different.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1437 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:46:16 »
*sigh* People in Australia got their CC's in the mail the past few days... I still haven't gotten mine, and I live in the USA :'( Starting to seriously worry now...

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1438 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:47:40 »
*sigh* People in Australia got their CC's in the mail the past few days... I still haven't gotten mine, and I live in the USA :'( Starting to seriously worry now...

Ditto.. Everyday I check the mail like .."YEAH!" Nope not in there..

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1439 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:49:17 »

I've never had anything lost in the mail before... I really hope this won't be my first time... not with this... please.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1440 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:52:14 »

I've never had anything lost in the mail before... I really hope this won't be my first time... not with this... please.

Same here. Best of luck to both of us! *crosses fingers*

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1441 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:53:35 »

*crosses fingers*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1442 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:16:35 »

*crosses fingers*

You are typing very well for someone with crossed fingers ;)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1443 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:19:07 »

*crosses fingers*

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1444 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:20:54 »

*crosses fingers*

*crosses fingers*

Show Image

Hahahahah

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1445 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 04:56:10 »
:'( Terrible news arrived today... but there's a glimmer of hope. Will update in the near future... Hopefully with good news!

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #1446 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 05:38:03 »
:'( Terrible news arrived today... but there's a glimmer of hope. Will update in the near future... Hopefully with good news!
Great.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1447 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 03:30:56 »

Hope everything works out!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1448 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 03:52:26 »

Hope everything works out!

Thank you, kind sir!

Your avatars always blow my mind, btw. The 3D, the Oktoberfest, and now the Gumrot. Love it.

Offline tbc

« Reply #1449 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 03:57:24 »
^ rowdy's series of avatars is what someone turns into when they're suffering a hangover.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.