Author Topic: Tenkeyless  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Seize

Tenkeyless
« on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 17:59:07 »
Hey guys, im currentley stuck on my third keyboard as i plan to sell my razer BW cherry blues as its just sitting there and i don't use it so i've decided to go for a tenkeyless probably....cherry mc browns, or even reds !!!! All ive seen so far is razer tournament edition and the duck shine 2 dk 9087 which i genuinly like the custom backlight as i only ever use "1234 And qwer df" but then i just would like a nice compact keyboard ans my desk is always clogged up coming back from uni or a day out

And help would be nice guys sorry if theres any typing error im typing this put on my phone half asleep

Thanks !

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Tenkeyless
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 18:15:44 »
There is only 1 sure thing in life.

.... the Ergodox :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 18:16:58 »
Here at Geekhack,

we are more sure of the Ergodox than the fact that we need water or to breath

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 18:24:00 »
On a serious note, I'd like to put down the Filco Majestouch 2 TKL as my favorite tenkeyless.

League player?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 18:35:42 »
Another vote for filco here.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 18:43:16 »
Filco if you don't want backlighting and don't mind paying a bit more for a nice keyboard.

QFR or KeyCool if you don't want backlighting and don't want to spend too much.

Ducky if you want backlighting.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 18:47:10 »
My favorite is the IBM Model M SSK. I like buckling spring switches, and the dye sub PBT keycaps are beautiful to behold and a delight to type on. However, if you prefer a contemporary board that is more readily available, I can recommend the CM QFR Stealth with Cherry greens. The Filco MJ2 TKL Ninja is also good; I have one with Cherry blues.

Offline Seize

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 21:34:05 »
On a serious note, I'd like to put down the Filco Majestouch 2 TKL as my favorite tenkeyless.

League player?

yeeeeeeps only played for a month so far on EUW friends are trying to train me up and im playing with them up against gold players and plat when im only level 20 =.=

thanks for the advice guy but i might just end up going for that ducky because im kinda a bit low on the cash right now and im leaving hong kong soon and im not sure where there would be filco's or other keyboards because all ive seen so far in the computer plaza's is steel series cooler master logitech and steel series =[ and im leaving here in the next month back to UK

thanks a lot guys ! (Y) =D

Offline Sniping

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 21:39:29 »
I play quite a bit of League at the moment and I have to agree that ErgoDox would be the way to go. I really really really want an ErgoDox as all keys need can be covered on the left half of the ergodox (qwer123456xasb etc.) so I can have the right half pushed aside while I'm not typing and have my arms much closer to my body.

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 21:54:51 »
Poker X or even the Leopold FC660m (you might not like the keycaps on these though). Fairly priced and good for gaming on the go.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline Seize

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 22:13:24 »
Poker X or even the Leopold FC660m (you might not like the keycaps on these though). Fairly priced and good for gaming on the go.

Thanks for that ill look into them 2 before i do anything 😁✌ im fairly flexible im sure ill be able to work my way round it if i did ever get one

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:46:15 »
I would love to try the Ergodox too, mostly because of tp4's constant nagging, but if you're looking for a tenkeyless, I can highly recommend a Filco Majestouch 2. It's super easy to take apart and it's compatible with all cherry keycaps. If you don't want to pay the premium, then get the QFR. It's basically the same, just missing the coveted Filco brand name.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:48:43 »
I would love to try the Ergodox too, mostly because of tp4's constant nagging, but if you're looking for a tenkeyless, I can highly recommend a Filco Majestouch 2. It's super easy to take apart and it's compatible with all cherry keycaps. If you don't want to pay the premium, then get the QFR. It's basically the same, just missing the coveted Filco brand name.

You don't need to TRY an ergodox.

It's universally acclaimed..

Those who don't like it, don't really exist, and I've heard that they worship satan.

So.. Follow your heart, follow the path of righteousness and Get in on "THE LIGHT"

Built-Your-Ergodox-TODAY.

:D

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Seize

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 00:02:33 »

Those who don't like it, don't really exist, and I've heard that they worship satan.

So.. Follow your heart, follow the path of righteousness and Get in on "THE LIGHT"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

LOLLL LOLLL LOLLLLL

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 00:46:26 »

HAHAHAHAHAHA

LOLLL LOLLL LOLLLLL

Yea, even I couldn't keep a straight face when i wrote that..

EVEN THOUGH, I meant every word. :D

Offline BliTzKiN

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 06:14:35 »
I have owned a ducky, filcos and razers mechanical keyboards before, and I'm currently left with 2 filcos. Personally, I'd take the filco over the rest anyday. Then again, If you're in it for the backlighting, Ducky isnt too bad a board too. The QFR is pretty much the same as the filco for a tad less.

Offline vsdubstep

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 13:58:02 »
You can try a Leopold off elitekeyboards

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 15:54:15 »
Just got my CM QFR Stealth with Cherry greens. Great keyboard! Great switches! I do not want to go back to any other type of Cherry switch. I have posted a complete review:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47025.0

The CM QFR with greens is my latest and current favorite keyboard. Others in my collection include the following: IBM Model M, IBM SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL w/ Cherry blues, Ducky Shine 2 Chinese version TKL w/ Cherry browns, Leopold FC660 w/ Cherry blues, Tex Beetle w/Cherry blues, and Poker II w/Cherry blues. This came as a complete surprise to me. I did not expect CM to produce a better board than, say, the Filco. I tried the CM mainly as a way of testing Cherry green switches and found that not only did I like the switches better than others I have tired, I found the overall typing experience to be incredibly positive.

It would be good if CM could be persuaded to produce a sub-TKL keyboard and equip it with Cherry greens. Moreover, other companies ought to follow suit and offer Cherry greens as a standard option as well.

But back to TKLs, IMO, the CM QFR is much better than my other contemporary TKLs, including the Filco. The only keyboard in my collection that beats the CM is the IBM SSK, but it might be unfair to say that the IBM is better -- it might be more fitting to say that it is just different.

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 16:21:18 »
Here at Geekhack,

we are more sure of the Ergodox than the fact that we need water or to breath

Yeah, but since you can't buy one assembled, the chances of people like me getting an Ergodox is up there with the chances of my getting a pony (or better yet, a unicorn!).
Visit the Typing Test and try!