Author Topic: Gaming and Vertical Mouse  (Read 2779 times)

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
Gaming and Vertical Mouse
« on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 20:59:03 »
I've been using a Deathadder 2013 for a while now and have been very pleased, but I have always been interested in ergonomics (I have slight carpal and RSI symptoms). I game...alot...on my computer which has led me to not really desire a trackball setup, but rather look into vertical mice.

I am wondering how well these mice work with gaming and if anyone has any suggestions on a good vertical mouse for me to use.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Gaming and Vertical Mouse
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 21:21:42 »
I dearly love my Wow Joy Pen, but I don't game. I think it is considered slow and imprecise.

After swapping out the 2 primary switches for lighter Omrons from an old Logitech wheel mouse, it is much better.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline whileycoyote

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 14:37:28 »
I personally tried the vertical mice, but they hurt my gaming ability way too much. Then again I do more competitive gaming

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 15:12:09 »
I've been using a Deathadder 2013 for a while now and have been very pleased, but I have always been interested in ergonomics (I have slight carpal and RSI symptoms). I game...alot...on my computer which has led me to not really desire a trackball setup, but rather look into vertical mice.

I am wondering how well these mice work with gaming and if anyone has any suggestions on a good vertical mouse for me to use.

Have you tried the wacom?

It's MORE verticle than the verticle mouse

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 19:24:01 »
I have a Anker vertical mouse and I find it amazing for gaming. It is very comfortable and the sensitivity is good (up to 1600dpi). I replaced the cord with a braided one and swapped the normal switches for Omrons and now I prefer it over my g500. Highly recommend trying out the Anker vertical mouse.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 19:39:10 »
I ummm. am in the same boat as TheFlyingRaccoon when it comes to the Anker.  Great vertical mouse and plenty of resources on how to mod it.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 19:42:54 »
I ummm. am in the same boat as TheFlyingRaccoon when it comes to the Anker.  Great vertical mouse and plenty of resources on how to mod it.

You mean the same plane. I am a flying raccoon, remember?  :)) Seriously though the Anker mouse is great.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 20:30:29 »
I have a Anker vertical mouse and I find it amazing for gaming. It is very comfortable and the sensitivity is good (up to 1600dpi). I replaced the cord with a braided one and swapped the normal switches for Omrons and now I prefer it over my g500. Highly recommend trying out the Anker vertical mouse.

Holy shiz that is cheap!
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 07:06:56 »
I wonder if you can hack a gaming laser on a vert mouse.

I hear that a lot of people think that the Death adder is pretty ergo
SmallFry! <3

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 16:13:56 »
I wonder if you can hack a gaming laser on a vert mouse.

I hear that a lot of people think that the Death adder is pretty ergo

I wouldn't consider it ergo, but honestly it really works well with those who use palm grip style for mouse.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 03:32:59 »
Just for the record, a vertical gaming mouse exists. It's the Zalman "FPSGun" FG1000... and it's weird. You're supposed to "aim" by bending your wrist, which is an awful idea. I'm thinking of writing a short review later.

Offline melt

• check out my Instagram!
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 14:42:06 »
thinking of buying a vertical mouse, partly cause they look so cool and partly because it seems like it's a more "natural" position for the hand/wrist.  Though, I'm so totally used to my deathadder and standard mice in general.  Dunno if I'll make the change or even pay to try it out just yet.  Oh well..