Author Topic: Pimped Out 11 Inch MacBook Air, Son  (Read 15332 times)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: Pimped Out 11 Inch MacBook Air, Son
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 17:41:38 »
KDE has been pretty awesome since 4.6 or so, and significantly better still since 4.10. 4.11 is super slick!

I haven't tried KDE yet. I'll put that on my todo list. I've only used Unity(ok, but not the best),XFCE(I just haven't bothered doing much with), and Ratpoison(AWESOME. I'm not much for all that eyecandy. It assures me that all my computer is doing is running my apps, and not the DE.)

xfce is just what gnome used to be IMO, with maybe a bit lighter resource usage. i really like the Prelude4 xfwm theme but you're still stuck with GTK. ratpoison is pretty cool :) but nowadays, unless youre working with severely underpowered hardware, KDE should run fine. i never have any problems with it on my i3 + crappy workstation gfx card using nouveau drivers.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 17:56:04 »
KDE has been pretty awesome since 4.6 or so, and significantly better still since 4.10. 4.11 is super slick!

I haven't tried KDE yet. I'll put that on my todo list. I've only used Unity(ok, but not the best),XFCE(I just haven't bothered doing much with), and Ratpoison(AWESOME. I'm not much for all that eyecandy. It assures me that all my computer is doing is running my apps, and not the DE.)

xfce is just what gnome used to be IMO, with maybe a bit lighter resource usage. i really like the Prelude4 xfwm theme but you're still stuck with GTK. ratpoison is pretty cool :) but nowadays, unless youre working with severely underpowered hardware, KDE should run fine. i never have any problems with it on my i3 + crappy workstation gfx card using nouveau drivers.

I have an i5 and a 650, so not really underpowered. I like ratpoison not just because it's lightweight, but because you can do some really cool tiling, and you don't lose and screen real estate to the WM.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:01:55 »
I like how this person just wanted to show off his fancy decorated Macbook, and it, of course, ends up in a political debate about how Macs are bad for gaming, how much people hate Macs, blah, blah, blah....

Good job, guys.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:05:08 »
I like how this person just wanted to show off his fancy decorated Macbook, and it, of course, ends up in a political debate about how Macs are bad for gaming, how much people hate Macs, blah, blah, blah....

Good job, guys.

Actually, it ended up with people discussing linux DEs
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:14:59 »

Good job, guys.

It happens any time someone posts about Mac or Apple.

I try to keep it on topic :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:16:12 »

Good job, guys.

It happens any time someone posts about Mac or Apple or Topre.

FTFY! :)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:18:01 »

Good job, guys.

it's hard being a mac user and a topre user. good thing we have all this money to dry our tears with.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:19:31 »

Good job, guys.

it's hard being a mac user and a topre user. good thing we have all this money to dry our tears with.

True, true.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:35:23 »

Good job, guys.

Wouldn't you have NO money having blown it all?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:38:50 »

Good job, guys.

I spent all mine on keyboards and keycaps and Mac stuff :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:40:57 »

Good job, guys.

that's the thing about stereotypes

they're ****in dumb

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:41:59 »

Good job, guys.

they're ****in dumb

It was a joke...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:42:17 »
And we're still way off topic ;)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:42:36 »

Good job, guys.

they're ****in dumb

YOU SHOULD GET A COPY OF WINDOWS 98.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:44:14 »
And we're still way off topic ;)

This thread has lost all hope...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:45:06 »

I have a Win98 partition on my PC right now. Also, check out my desktop.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:45:54 »

Good job, guys.

they're ****in dumb

I HAVE ONE SOMEWHERE

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:46:48 »

Show Image

WOW! LOOK AT ALL THAT MULTIMEDIA. YOU ARE DEFINITELY PREPARED FOR THE WEB OF THE FUTURE!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:48:57 »

Show Image

WOW! LOOK AT ALL THAT MULTIMEDIA. YOU ARE DEFINITELY PREPARED FOR THE WEB OF THE FUTURE!

NOT ENOUGH IE!
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:50:04 »
MAYBE IF YOU GET DUAL MONITORS YOU CAN FIT MORE IE SHORTCUTS ON THE DESKTOP. I USUALLY GET A BIGGER MONITOR AFTER MY DESKTOP GETS FULL.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:50:39 »
MAYBE IF YOU GET DUAL MONITORS YOU CAN FIT MORE IE SHORTCUTS ON THE DESKTOP. I USUALLY GET A BIGGER MONITOR AFTER MY DESKTOP GETS FULL.

5 14 INCH CRT MONITERS IS GOOD
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:53:03 »
THAT WOULD BE A GOOD SETUP. ESPECIALLY WITH A COMPUTER FOR EVERY MONITOR!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 19:13:49 »
Guys - back on topic please.

Please.

Offline vyshane

Redacted
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 20:13:29 »
Please ignore this post. Replied to the wrong thing.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2013, 09:13:08 by vyshane »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 01:29:17 »
Guys - back on topic please.

Please.

OP was just trolling anyway. The quality of the thread hasn't gone down much.

How was OP trolling? Seems to me like he just wanted to show off his computer, subsequent posts don't really seem like trolling either.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:17:37 »
Not trolling, just massively off topic.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:20:48 »
well it's a mac book, with some graphics art...

how much could you really say about it.. beyond, hey cool, nawh-ice.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 05:43:44 »
well it's a mac book, with some graphics art...

how much could you really say about it.. beyond, hey cool, nawh-ice.

Depends on your interests and likes.

Hey it's a small keyboard with lots of skulls on it, hey cool, nawh-ice.

:p

Offline melt

• check out my Instagram!
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 05:47:01 »
wowzers, haha  :))

i haven't checked this thread for awhile now... cool to see all the action, anyways...  I've been using macs for around 15 years now and am also a video editor by profession and use final cut pro 7 almost exclusively. I do not play games at all, the last game in fact I've probably played was the first leisure suit Larry on DOS awhile back, (kidding) haha probably actually the original Deus Ex on the Mac was the last one.  So, I'm not a gamer, don't code and am a creative professional working with final cut and I love my macs!  I started this thread cause I was just excited to show off my shiny new decalled up macbook air cause i thought it looked awesome and felt like sharing with you guys, glad it got a little reaction, thanks....!  :D :D :D :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 05:56:50 »
A bit more than a little reaction ;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 07:44:35 »
**** the haters, that **** looks dope as ****. Could you pm me any links you have for similar wallpapers, tumblr can only go so far

Offline Lawngahnome

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 14:32:27 »

Show Image

I'm so jealous. Words can't even describe...

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 14:34:34 »
**** the haters, that **** looks dope as ****. Could you pm me any links you have for similar wallpapers, tumblr can only go so far
**** the haters indeed.
So, are you enjoying your 13 FPS?
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
KMAC Korean Custom with Clears
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 14:46:33 »
**** the haters indeed.

Are you enjoying being a douche for no reason?

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 14:51:40 »
**** the haters indeed.

*Elitist
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 15:04:12 »
**** the haters indeed.

*Elitist

That would only count if you were actually good at something. Considering your random comment about '13 fps' was completely based on no actual data, you are simply trolling.
I could deduce that you probably have a sub-par computer, or perhaps you don't agree that people should spend a little more money on things they enjoy. Is this because you
don't have the extra income to do so?

Perhaps... but then again, me guessing about you is the same as you guessing about the fps
of the latest macbooks
, which you clearly have no education on. Even the link I provided was simply a macbook air with an Intel integrated GPU. The macbook pro I am using
right now, has an nVidia GT 650M. If you were to cite a specific game that gets only 13fps, then I guess your argument would hold water.

Either way, you're nothing more than a troll that brings no value to any discussion.

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 15:13:09 »
**** the haters indeed.

*Elitist

That would only count if you were actually good at something. Considering your random comment about '13 fps' was completely based on no actual data, you are simply trolling.
I could deduce that you probably have a sub-par computer, or perhaps you don't agree that people should spend a little more money on things they enjoy. Is this because you

Perhaps... but then again, me guessing about you is the same as you guessing about the fps
of the latest macbooks
, which you clearly have no education on. Even the link I provided was simply a macbook air with an Intel integrated GPU. The macbook pro I am using
right now, has an nVidia GT 650M. If you were to cite a specific game that gets only 13fps, then I guess your argument would hold water.

Either way, you're nothing more than a troll that brings no value to any discussion.
Yes this was a troll comment. Obviously.
My god, the point is that a Mac is not a very powerfull machine but costs the same amount of money. I don't think people shouldn't spend money on computers, neither do I have a sub par rig.
The 13 FPS thingy is a joke form another online community(KBMOD.com) and not to be taken seriously. The point is a Mac doesn't shine on the hardware side and doesn't run every program out there. It does have some really good software for professionals (movie maker,etc.).
Please don't get offended by a little trolling.
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 17:02:53 »

great, another new member acting like a total chode. i really hate this trend.

if you're going to troll, be funny or at least original. if you're going to say stupid **** and then backpedal and say you were trolling, own up to the fact that you're being a chode.

everything you're saying is elementary grade horse****. enjoy your computer. enjoy your operating system. enjoy your games. you are the only person here who is taking this as seriously as you are and it's sad.

geekhack is not your platform to declare operating system superiority without response from other members. in fact, geekhack should NOT be that place, period; unless you're using a keyboard with a hackneyed NKRO implementation it absolutely does not matter what OS you use with your keyboard.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 August 2013, 17:04:24 by sth »

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 09:08:14 »

if you're going to troll, be funny or at least original. if you're going to say stupid **** and then backpedal and say you were trolling, own up to the fact that you're being a chode.

everything you're saying is elementary grade horse****. enjoy your computer. enjoy your operating system. enjoy your games. you are the only person here who is taking this as seriously as you are and it's sad.

geekhack is not your platform to declare operating system superiority without response from other members. in fact, geekhack should NOT be that place, period; unless you're using a keyboard with a hackneyed NKRO implementation it absolutely does not matter what OS you use with your keyboard.

Like the politics thing?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 10:43:09 »

Like the politics thing?

sth is one of the bigger hypocrites round these parts.

not saying i've never dones it myself.. but not as much.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 11:34:54 »
**** the haters indeed.

*Elitist

of the latest macbooks

My god, the point is that a Mac is not a very powerfull machine but costs the same amount of money. I don't think people shouldn't spend money on computers, neither do I have a sub par rig.
The 13 FPS thingy is a joke form another online community(KBMOD.com) and not to be taken seriously. The point is a Mac doesn't shine on the hardware side and doesn't run every program out there. It does have some really good software for professionals (movie maker,etc.).

MAC'S ARE ALSO EXTREMELY UGLY AND TERRIBLE. BOTH ARE GOOD REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT GET A MAC.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 12:11:44 »
**** the haters indeed.

*Elitist

of the latest macbooks

MAC'S ARE ALSO EXTREMELY UGLY AND TERRIBLE. BOTH ARE GOOD REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT GET A MAC.

THAT'S VERY TRUE.

Like the politics thing?

Show Image

sth is one of the bigger hypocrites round these parts.

not saying i've never dones it myself.. but not as much.

According to him, I'm the most obnoxious member of geekhack.

TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 06:24:09 »
**** the haters indeed.

13fps? What are you talking about?

Oh you made the assumption that I own a MacBook Air for gaming?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 11:45:03 »
**** the haters indeed.

*Elitist

of the latest macbooks

THAT'S VERY TRUE.

YOU ARE RIGHT. IT IS EXTREMELY TRUE!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 12:19:39 »

hold on to that feeling...

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 12:22:19 »

hold on to that feeling...

I am, aren't I?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline melt

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 16:07:19 »
more...

Offline melt

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 16:17:40 »
more...

okay, I was being silly there, sorry  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 06:30:30 »
melt, please feel free to complain about these people thread crapping ;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 07:40:42 »
Melt you gona post the links to the wallpapers you rock??