Author Topic: The Pavlov Poke - an anti-Facebook wrist rest  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Findecanor

The Pavlov Poke - an anti-Facebook wrist rest
« on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 13:35:36 »
http://www.robertrmorris.org/pavlovpoke

A couple of guys found that they spent too much time on Facebook, so they made a device that conditioned them not to: The Pavlov Poke.

It is a keyboard wrist-rest with custom software on the host, that monitors which sites you spend time on on line and sends an electric shock through the wrist rest when you visit the wrong site.
Alternatively, it can be made to make a random stranger (from a work pool at Amazon) to call you up and tell you that you have serfed too much on the wrong sites.

As a Facebook-hater, I love this.  ;D
🍉

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: The Pavlov Poke - an anti-Facebook wrist rest
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 13:41:16 »
I could see this going the other way.....people going places they shouldn't because they like the shock....

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 13:41:46 »
As long as it does not send me a message for being too much on GH!

Anyway, I don't have a facebook account...  ;D
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 10:42:21 »
I should use that where I work to keep the computer lab guys (or "lab rats" as we call 'em) off of facebook while working.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 12:21:32 »
Facebook's only real use is scoring chix, and finding where to score chix.

This is irresistible to most.

While I don't have a facebook myself.. i don't consider spending a great deal of time on facebook a waste... The people that do so are just fulfilling a biological need.

Look at the alternative, Spend a huge amount of time Traveling to potentially fruitless barren locations to meet women..  gasoline + unknown time expense

Facebook, has reduced these costs, and made light of the happening hotspots where you're most likely to score..

and it has made pre-screen targeting possible,  You can estimate what the girl is selling herself for, and select based on comparison with what you're willing to pay..

I'm not talking about direct prostitution, but facebook and dating in general is in fact Indirect prostitution..

Facebook has significantly reduced the "connection" cost of dating for men. This is fantastic..

What is lost in "productivity" they claim, is made up for 10 fold by reduced resources spent to HOOK UP.

TP4 behind facebook 100%