Author Topic: Need for Speed Frame rate issue FIXED.. now 60fps  (Read 39916 times)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: Need for Speed
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 21:02:52 »
Will it let you actually let you configure a racing wheel properly this time, while letting you use half-decent camera angles? Or does it still feel like a burnout clone?
Because I could live with 30FPS if it actually worked decent, unlike most recent NFS games. I know NFS, apart from the Shift games, are arcade racers and don't really need a wheel, but any racing game just feels better with a wheel.

Edit:
This reminded me to watch the TotalBiscuit video on this, and it seems to continue the trend of horrendously annoying menu systems where you spend 90% of the time just waiting for tutorials you don't need or insane menu transitions. Also, if you move the FPS cap to 60 the game plays at double speed(not the menus though, those are still slow as ****).
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 November 2013, 21:12:02 by vun »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 22:00:14 »
I love all the old games id like to check the new version out!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 03:27:15 »
Will it let you actually let you configure a racing wheel properly this time, while letting you use half-decent camera angles? Or does it still feel like a burnout clone?
Because I could live with 30FPS if it actually worked decent, unlike most recent NFS games. I know NFS, apart from the Shift games, are arcade racers and don't really need a wheel, but any racing game just feels better with a wheel.

Edit:
This reminded me to watch the TotalBiscuit video on this, and it seems to continue the trend of horrendously annoying menu systems where you spend 90% of the time just waiting for tutorials you don't need or insane menu transitions. Also, if you move the FPS cap to 60 the game plays at double speed(not the menus though, those are still slow as ****).

30FPS lock is just plain crap programming. It's easy as pie to code for variable fps. I know, I've done it and it's just something I do as a hobby now and then.

I enjoyed Underground 1 and 2, Most Wanted (original PC version) and Carbon. Shift was also okay. All the others are crap IMO. I tried a wheel in some of them, but going lock-to-lock is easier with a controller and I have Forza 4, which makes Shift's physics and reactions seem... wrong. Really wish my G25 worked on the Xbox.... :(

I kind of like Burnout Paradise, but don't like the new Most Wanted.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline llovro

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 04:39:29 »
underground 2, most wanted , carbon >>>>>>

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 07:21:30 »

Edit:

30FPS lock is just plain crap programming. It's easy as pie to code for variable fps. I know, I've done it and it's just something I do as a hobby now and then.

I enjoyed Underground 1 and 2, Most Wanted (original PC version) and Carbon. Shift was also okay. All the others are crap IMO. I tried a wheel in some of them, but going lock-to-lock is easier with a controller and I have Forza 4, which makes Shift's physics and reactions seem... wrong. Really wish my G25 worked on the Xbox.... :(

well the developers claim that it was due to the new "seemless-online-autodrive" system.. where they need to synchronize up to 6 player's worlds simultaneously..

I don't know why they couldn't do 60 for that.. maybe something to do with server load.

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 07:35:07 »

Edit:

well the developers claim that it was due to the new "seemless-online-autodrive" system.. where they need to synchronize up to 6 player's worlds simultaneously..

I don't know why they couldn't do 60 for that.. maybe something to do with server load.

"seemless online auto drive system". Aka............a multiplayer game?
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 07:40:25 »

Edit:

Theres a cops/robbers element to the game.. so other players who can be cops or robbers can seemlessly enter your game, and mess with you...  challenge you to stuff, etc..

They call it element-of-surprise...    It's like putting facebook into NFS essentially.. and it cost us 30fps

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 07:45:35 »

Edit:

Theres a cops/robbers element to the game.. so other players who can be cops or robbers can seemlessly enter your game, and mess with you...  challenge you to stuff, etc..

They call it element-of-surprise...    It's like putting facebook into NFS essentially.. and it cost us 30fps

Ah I see. So its still a fun game though? Every NFS that comes out I usually write off for a while, then I get tempted when its cheap and usually enjoy them when I end up playing them.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 07:53:16 »

Edit:

Ah I see. So its still a fun game though? Every NFS that comes out I usually write off for a while, then I get tempted when its cheap and usually enjoy them when I end up playing them.

This would honestly be the BEST most polished NFS ever if it weren't for the frame lock...

I like everything about this game.. but it playssss so sluggishly due to the framerate.. feels like driving through molasses...

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 08:32:24 »

Edit:

Shift 2 was the last game I really enjoyed in the series, Shift is probably ok as well, but I mostly skipped that, only picked it up later when it was dirt cheap on sale. That said, the Shift games are not very NFS-ish games, but that doesn't make them any less entertaining. Other than Shift 2, Underground 2 is the last proper NFS style game in the series that I liked.

Best NFS memories are of Hot Pursuit 2, I played the **** out of that game with my old Sidewinder wheel, good times. See, I thoroughly enjoyed playing that with a wheel, which is why I expect all NFS games to be playable with a wheel even if they are arcade racers, but the new Hot Pursuit won't actually let me configure the wheel.

And yeah, Burnout Paradise is fun, but it's not Need For Speed, so I was annoyed when the new Most Wanted was mostly just a Burnout clone with licensed cars.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 08:35:44 »

Edit:

Shift 2 was the last game I really enjoyed in the series, Shift is probably ok as well, but I mostly skipped that, only picked it up later when it was dirt cheap on sale. That said, the Shift games are not very NFS-ish games, but that doesn't make them any less entertaining. Other than Shift 2, Underground 2 is the last proper NFS style game in the series that I liked.

Best NFS memories are of Hot Pursuit 2, I played the **** out of that game with my old Sidewinder wheel, good times. See, I thoroughly enjoyed playing that with a wheel, which is why I expect all NFS games to be playable with a wheel even if they are arcade racers, but the new Hot Pursuit won't actually let me configure the wheel.

And yeah, Burnout Paradise is fun, but it's not Need For Speed, so I was annoyed when the new Most Wanted was mostly just a Burnout clone with licensed cars.

if you want to use the wheel.. anything from code master is great... they got the whole experience down..

their gameplay just isn't as "fun" oriented as NFS

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 09:59:09 »
Need for Speed is a failure of the game designer.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 10:12:29 »
Ruined by 30fps lock..

The control feels extremely sluggish..

Played through the intro, it would definitely be a top notch game, if not for the lock..

Show Image

its a terrible port, totally unplayable and unacceptable
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 11:20:29 »
Ruined by 30fps lock..

The control feels extremely sluggish..

Played through the intro, it would definitely be a top notch game, if not for the lock..

Show Image

its a terrible port, totally unplayable and unacceptable

I'd say it's terrible on the console as well since the 30fps is alleround.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 11:32:09 »
This is really disappointing. I kinda liked the new Hot Pursuit, and I liked what I played of Most Wanted 2, though both were very Burnout-esque, which I guess is what you get when you make Criterion in charge of NFS.

I just want to see Underground 2 remade in Frostbite 3. Is that really too much to ask? I think lots of people would love it, as I feel that was the highlight of the series.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline t2russo

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 11:36:10 »
Need for Speed Underground 2 pretty much defined my console racer experience.  I'd really like to see them uncap the FPS on this generation (there is no excuse), because I really like the persistent world concept and could see myself hopping on and screwing around all the time.  It might be asking a lot, but I just want to have as much fun as I did as a 13 year old discovering that I could adjust tire bias and gear ratios in my NFSU2 garage.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 11:48:07 »
Need for Speed Underground 2 pretty much defined my console racer experience.  I'd really like to see them uncap the FPS on this generation (there is no excuse), because I really like the persistent world concept and could see myself hopping on and screwing around all the time.  It might be asking a lot, but I just want to have as much fun as I did as a 13 year old discovering that I could adjust tire bias and gear ratios in my NFSU2 garage.

Tirebias and gear was some what silly in nfs2 LOL...  all the cars were so fast and grippy by the end of the game.. modding driving characteristics had little impact...

Still... fun stuff. fun stuff.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 16:12:34 »

I played it on PC, but yeah.

I personally preferred the external construction and the open world without the bloody Canyon races.

EA, pls make NFSU3 w/ autosculpt and no canyons.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 16:36:09 »
Isn't it a bit ironic that it's called "Need for Speed" but is locked at 30fps and when you unlock it you wish you didn't have speed?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 18:46:23 »
I enjoyed Underground 1 and 2, Most Wanted (original PC version) and Carbon. Shift was also okay. All the others are crap IMO.
That's pretty much been the opposite of my experiences with the franchise. I was a fan of NFS1,2,3,porsche, etc. I got underground 1  when it came out and played it a lot but didn't really enjoy it that well. Same with underground2 (which fixed some issues with 1 but wasn't any better. I really disliked all of most wanted2 and didn't pay it that much, but I guess the same went with MW1. At that point I gave up on the franchise completely.

To this day, I still think the best game was porsche unleashed. I should buy a copy of it and play it again.
Isn't it a bit ironic that it's called "Need for Speed" but is locked at 30fps and when you unlock it you wish you didn't have speed?
No, that's the point, when you up the FPS to something decent, then you get all the speed, thus satisfying your need.

Either that, or the game exemplifies your need for speed because it needs speed.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: Need for Speed Frame rate issue FIXED.. now 60fps
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 01:14:46 »
IT"S FIXED...

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4709493&postcount=249

Show Image

Somewhat, FPS is still tied to game speed, which is not a good thing.
Not that it matters, doesn't really make the game any better.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Need for Speed Frame rate issue FIXED.. now 60fps
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 03:13:10 »
IT"S FIXED...

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4709493&postcount=249

Show Image

Somewhat, FPS is still tied to game speed, which is not a good thing.
Not that it matters, doesn't really make the game any better.

don't be h8n'   game's great... it's a NFS game.. not sure what you're looking for..

60fps makes it playable.. most single gpu can handle 19x12 @ 60.. assuming they have 32Rop  so.. for the majority of gamers.. they're good to go..