Author Topic: PBT spacebar not springing up properly?  (Read 1496 times)

Offline teraflame

PBT spacebar not springing up properly?
« on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:54:54 »
I bought a keycool set and I installed the spacebar using my old stabilizer tabs but it sometimes only goes up halfway. Never stuck, I can still actuate fine but its an annoying feeling. I have MX blues, the other keys are fine. Any solution?
Rubber in domes

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: PBT spacebar not springing up properly?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:57:48 »
So these are Costar stabilisers?

Are the inserts the right way around?  The bit sticking out should point towards the top of the keyboard.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline teraflame

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 16:10:57 »
Okay I solved it by slightly pulling out one of the stabilizer inserts since the spacebar was kind of uneven. So that evens it out and works fine.
Rubber in domes

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 02:37:37 »
post picture of space bar.

Problem is already solved . LOL

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3