Author Topic: Anyone got a CM Storm Reaper yet?  (Read 5954 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Anyone got a CM Storm Reaper yet?
« on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 18:39:04 »
Just very interested in the NEW CM Storm Reaper mouse.

It seems better built than most Coolermaster rodents PLUS I love their scroll wheel (all metal).  Here's a brief review of it;

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?page=0&itemid=1130

The best thing about it is that it's a decently weighted (heavy-ass) mouse, hence not for limp wrists at all.  If anyone has already bought it to use please post your reaction and personnel comments about it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Anyone got a CM Storm Reaper yet?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 18:50:21 »
Just very interested in the NEW CM Storm Reaper mouse.

It seems better built than most Coolermaster rodents PLUS I love their scroll wheel (all metal).  Here's a brief review of it;

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?page=0&itemid=1130

The best thing about it is that it's a decently weighted (heavy-ass) mouse, hence not for limp wrists at all.  If anyone has already bought it to use please post your reaction and personnel comments about it.

spawn ftw...

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 01:54:02 »
It looks like the Corsair M90/M95.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 05:10:47 »

Since when did Rodent Manufacturers stopped copying one another?  It will never happen, especially if they see something popular on another product selling nicely to folks everywhere.

Just curious that no one has bothered to get one yet.

I hate to be the one that buys one just to see how it compares to other mice but it looks like another trip down Ebay again  :-[ .

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 22:53:24 »

Since when did Rodent Manufacturers stopped copying one another?  It will never happen, especially if they see something popular on another product selling nicely to folks everywhere.

Just curious that no one has bothered to get one yet.

I hate to be the one that buys one just to see how it compares to other mice but it looks like another trip down Ebay agai

Waiting for a chance for Australia to get SOMETHING. -_- I am still waiting for the CM QFR Stealth.

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 07:56:25 »
I would not give it a try.

- Sensor witch accerleration
- Off Center Sensor position
- way to heavy (about 148gr without cable!)
- should be more heavy in the back (bad balance)
- expensive

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 09:25:40 »
Speaking of the M95, I don't see how people consider anything under 200g heavy. The M95 is 317g, and is a comfortable weight to me, and I'm not very strong or anything. Maybe more so than an average person, but nothing exceptional. It really does look rather similar. Corsair's mice have an all-metal wheel with rubberized center, a better solution in my opinion.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 09:33:13 »
Speaking of the M95, I don't see how people consider anything under 200g heavy. The M95 is 317g, and is a comfortable weight to me, and I'm not very strong or anything. Maybe more so than an average person, but nothing exceptional. It really does look rather similar. Corsair's mice have an all-metal wheel with rubberized center, a better solution in my opinion.

Weight depends on what you use your mouse for and how you use it. For high dpi office use, weight isn't much of an issue. For low dpi gaming it's a different story. A heavy mouse isn't as bad in high dpi gaming, but only as long as the weight is properly balanced with the sensor.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 09:35:38 »

Weight depends on what you use your mouse for and how you use it. For high dpi office use, weight isn't much of an issue. For low dpi gaming it's a different story. A heavy mouse isn't as bad in high dpi gaming, but only as long as the weight is properly balanced with the sensor.

I see. Do you have any experience with it? I usually run it between 3000-4000 when playing games, and it's always been rather comfortable to me, using fingertip.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 10:48:34 »

I see. Do you have any experience with it? I usually run it between 3000-4000 when playing games, and it's always been rather comfortable to me, using fingertip.

I haven't tried the Reaper or the M95, but I found that my RAT7(supposedly around 150g with no weights) to be too heavy when playing CS for longer periods of time, at 800 dpi and around 1-2 ingame sens.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 11:00:24 »

I haven't tried the Reaper or the M95, but I found that my RAT7(supposedly around 150g with no weights) to be too heavy when playing CS for longer periods of time, at 800 dpi and around 1-2 ingame sens.

Interesting. I mainly play MOBA and RTS, I've found that the high sensitivity makes it pretty comfortable, but I'd imagine that I'd probably turn everything down if I was playing an FPS.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 11:15:53 »
That mouse looks pretty awesome. Love the knurled metal scroll wheel. Too bad it has a laser sensor :(

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 17:02:49 »
That mouse looks pretty awesome. Love the knurled metal scroll wheel. Too bad it has a laser sensor :(

YES the all Metal knurled scroll wheel makes it unique in the world of rodents  :thumb: .  The main reason to get it is solely for the scroll wheel and nothing else.

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 07:19:55 »
Why the hate for the laser sensor over the optical? In my use - I don't feel any difference. Is it because of personal preference?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 07:25:08 »
Why the hate for the laser sensor over the optical? In my use - I don't feel any difference. Is it because of personal preference?

There's often not much noticeable difference, but many like knowing that the sensor isn't needlessly flawed even if it doesn't really matter.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 15:05:39 »

There's often not much noticeable difference, but many like knowing that the sensor isn't needlessly flawed even if it doesn't really matter.

Laser sensors are not flawed at all, they use a different mechanism and are more reliable.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 13:29:32 »

Laser sensors are not flawed at all, they use a different mechanism and are more reliable.

The Avago laser sensors used in most laser mice have inherent and inconsistent acceleration. That's a flaw.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 23:13:50 »

The Avago laser sensors used in most laser mice have inherent and inconsistent acceleration. That's a flaw.

it's not a flaw...... it's a characteristic....

just like how angle-snapping is useful for counter strike..

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 06:01:17 »

it's not a flaw...... it's a characteristic....

just like how angle-snapping is useful for counter strike..

Angle-snapping isn't a flaw, but I'd say a sensor is flawed when you're forced to have it on. As for the accel; had it been consistent then it'd be a more acceptable flaw, but the inherent acceleration in avago sensors is fairly random in both amount and polarity.

Much better to have a flawless sensor and add snapping/accel later, since doing it in software tends to give you much better control over it.

Offline moogle

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 16:33:52 »
is the reaper even released in the states?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 18:15:32 »
is the reaper even released in the states?

Nope