Author Topic: Wall of Shame  (Read 16645 times)

Offline tormentor

Wall of Shame
« on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 11:58:53 »
Daniel messaged.

Dear Snoopy,

I'm sorry. I was a jerk, please don't bring it out on the community. I'm just frustrated with what happened with daniel and it sent me over the top. I shouldn't of lashed out at you, you did everything a seller could do.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2013, 01:06:59 by tormentor »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
BURN!

So far I've had success....some things took a while to get sorted but so far I'm good with all my trades and deals, hope to keep it that way.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
danielucf - initiated a trade of my pink leaf cc mx for his red alert v1 bro bot. Haven't heard from him in over a week and I sent my cap out 3 weeks ago (he lives in florida mind you, it doesnt take 3 weeks to ship within the state)

snoopy - bought a blue brobot on 10/13. it's 12/16 and I'm waiting on a paypal claim (that should tell you a lot).

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
This will end well /s
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
I ripped you off? lol... You have tracking code and everything. I opened an inquiry at deutsche post. They're currently searching for that ****ing package. I provided all documents I have to paypal. And you really think I ripped you off and additionally post that public.

Is it really my fault when something gets lost on the way from ger to US?

thanks! **** you. never again will I sell something on gh.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
off topic.

USPS actually. My parcel didn't even turn up and when I tracked apparently it was sent back to mechkeyboards because I didn't claim it. Wut wut ?
I'm beginning to think those mailman's didn't even try to deliver it in the first place. le sigh. holiday mails, such a bad idea.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
Woah, that isn't Snoopy's fault Tormentor...

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
I ripped you off? lol... You have tracking code and everything. I opened an inquiry at deutsche post. They're currently searching for that ****ing package. I provided all documents I have to paypal. And you really think I ripped you off and additionally post that public.

chill brah. mailman's these times. i understand  :(
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia

Please don't write off all of GH due to one poster. The vast majority of us have had nothing but positive experiences buying/selling on here.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind

chill brah. mailman's these times. i understand  :(

my name in the OP of a thread named "Wall of Shame (Post the usernames of people who have ripped you off/scammed you)"?
No, won't chill...

Offline tormentor

To be fair to snoopy we did use paypal which should take care of itself. I don't know what your definition of tracking is but it sitting on preparing for shipment from origin destination for 2 months isn't tracking or any sort of confirmation.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
don't let one dunce stop you from dealing with the rest of us, man :'(
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
TIL a scammer is anyone who sells you an item that may be delayed or lost in the mail :cool:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
I have had only good experiences trading here.

Personally, I do not hold sellers responsible for shipping problems, particularly if they package the product properly and have documentation of when and where it was shipped.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
To be fair to snoopy we did use paypal which should take care of itself. I don't know what your definition of tracking is but it sitting on preparing for shipment from origin destination for 2 months isn't tracking or any sort of confirmation.

Yes, they messed it up at a certain point, but that's not my fault. I got all the paper stuff here that confirms that I delivered it to the postoffice and I additionally have all the paperstuff from the currently ongoing inquiry. Can't do anything more. I can't even refund you, cause Paypal locked the money. And I will not send additional money.

But yeah I know, as you wrote on paypal, you blame me that the tracking is fake/invalid or whatever... but won't discuss that anymore.

Offline Blazed

This can happen a lot with International packages. I think you're being a serious ******* by calling out snoopy's name for tracking problems. He never scammed or ripped you off.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
snoopy risking his GH reputation over a sale of a blue brobot with a "fake" tracking code? Nope don't believe it.

You need to learn some constraint, tormentor. If you ever want to deal on here again, this kind of stuff will definitely discourage people from trading with you.

Offline BGD

I wouldn't even imagine a scammer in this community. Everybody seems way too nice here.

Offline tormentor

Yes, they messed it up at a certain point, but that's not my fault. I got all the paper stuff here that confirms that I delivered it to the postoffice and I additionally have all the paperstuff from the currently ongoing inquiry. Can't do anything more. I can't even refund you, cause Paypal locked the money. And I will not send additional money.

But yeah I know, as you wrote on paypal, you blame me that the tracking is fake/invalid or whatever... but won't discuss that anymore.

What is a tracking number that tells you nothing? Invalid would be a appropriate word. I approached you and you asked me to wait even longer when I initially became concerned so I did. At no point in time did you say "I guess it's lost, let me go ahead and claim my insurance and I'll refund you" How was I supposed to know your origin post had failed you if you left me in the dark? The internet is a messed up place where you have to assume the worse and hope for the best.

Offline tormentor

I wouldn't even imagine a scammer in this community. Everybody seems way too nice here.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51797.0

They're here.

Offline Blazed

They're here.

Doesn't make snoopy a 'scammer' or someone that ripped you off. I have gotten lots of packages from Germany that say the same thing. 'Origin post is preparing shipment' - for 2 months I had to wait for it to show up in the mail. So don't call peoples names out without considering these things first.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females

Lie, cheat, and steal,  once they've done this enough, they attempt to banish others from pursuing the same route as their own ascension.. they become the country, the become the law.

This ^^ is an incorrect view of liars, cheaters, and thieves...

In the end our battle is with nature, the petty rivalry between individuals is merely our animalistic short sightedness.

That bullet with humanity engraved on its side is out there...  asteroid, solar flare, major quake, ocean current collapse..

Don't waste ur time h8in'... move on.

Offline BGD

Lie, cheat, and steal,  once they've done this enough, they attempt to banish others from pursuing the same route as their own ascension.. they become the country, the become the law.

In the end our battle is with nature, the petty rivalry between individuals is merely our animalistic short sightedness.

That bullet with humanity engraved on its side is out there...  asteroid, solar flare, major quake, ocean current collapse..

You just changed my views on life  :'(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

You just changed my views on life  :'(

It had to happen eventually....

Offline tormentor

They're here.

Doesn't make snoopy a 'scammer' or someone that ripped you off. I have gotten lots of packages from Germany that say the same thing. 'Origin post is preparing shipment' - for 2 months I had to wait for it to show up in the mail. So don't call peoples names out without considering these things first.

Just giving the guy a documented case of fraud on geekhack. He should REALLY see that topic. A lot of useful information on how to avoid fake clacks.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
TIL op expects everybody to work IT for their post office.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
I don't see much point in this thread tbh, there is no reason to call people out like this because it just creates drama
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
I don't see much point in this thread tbh, there is no reason to call people out like this because it just creates drama
But.. but where will I get my drama fix for the day?  :confused:
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline tormentor

Offline tormentor

What else are you supposed to do? Sit back and take it? Hell no. I created a thread a few months back asking what the safest way to trade would be as the current method is EXTREMELY flawed. You know what my responses consisted of? Shame them here so the community knows. I omitted the original post apologizing to Snoopy before anyone else comments on how I wrongly called him/her out.

Offline Rendom

QFR - MX Blue

Offline Blazed

danielucf is also an honest guy. I am sure it was a miscommunication, or he got busy.

the only thing I got out of this thread was - don't do trades with you.

Offline Rendom

danielucf is also an honest guy. I am sure it was a miscommunication, or he got busy.

Seems like tormentor is not the only one, I have heard of someone else who had to wait a week or 2 for a reply.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline Blazed

Seems like tormentor is not the only one, I have heard of someone else who had to wait a week or 2 for a reply.

waiting a week or two for a reply =/= dishonesty or scamming.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Removed some pointless name calling, let's stay on topic ok?

Offline dragonxx21

I clicked on the thread expecting it to be about the OP complaining about being scammed. All I can say is OP stayed true to my expectations.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

I think the issue is when people are clearly online posting etc and they ignore users seeking help after a deal has been made.

It might not be dishonest or scamming but it definitely makes a person not want to trade/buy/sell with someone like that.

And if user are like that people should be made aware....

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
Is this the new "extortion" thread?
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:07:29 by hcry4 »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
Where can we post about how we scammed other people?

:D

Kidding, of course.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:10:12 by kenmai9 »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
This seems excessive and it's sad a mod has deemed it appropriate content.  I thought personal attacks were against ToS.  I have the warnings to prove it.

Offline tormentor

I clicked on the thread expecting it to be about the OP complaining about being scammed. All I can say is OP stayed true to my expectations.

I'm so glad I could meet your expectations dragon. It's all I strive for.

Offline tormentor

I think the issue is when people are clearly online posting etc and they ignore users seeking help after a deal has been made.

It might not be dishonest or scamming but it definitely makes a person not want to trade/buy/sell with someone like that.

And if user are like that people should be made aware....

Thank you Spam. That's exactly the dilemma, not here now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:29:34 by tormentor »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
This seems excessive and it's sad a mod has deemed it appropriate content.  I thought personal attacks were against ToS.  I have the warnings to prove it.

I don't see it as a personal attack to state facts of a trade gone wrong.

The actual sadness comes from the fact that sometimes a public "shaming" is sometimes necessary to open up any communication between the affected parties, e.g. The_Profosist's Phantom assembly/parts GB.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?

The actual sadness comes from the fact that sometimes a public "shaming" is sometimes necessary to open up any communication between the affected parties, e.g. The_Profosist's Phantom assembly/parts GB.

e.g. CalmDepths

e.g. Bavman Phantom PCBs

e.g. WFD Phantom Plate

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

e.g. CalmDepths

e.g. Bavman Phantom PCBs

e.g. WFD Phantom Plate

I don't understand what CalmDepths has done or did wrong?? Don't most GB organizers go MIA while key caps are in production?

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
I don't understand what CalmDepths has done or did wrong?? Don't most GB organizers go MIA while key caps are in production?

2 months MIA was a bit excessive imo.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Sellers and organizers going MIA is a big problem around here lately.  Remember Sherryton's disappearance?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff

2 months MIA was a bit excessive imo.

You know SP takes 6 - 12 weeks for production, right?

For all your talk about "what's best for community", you seem awful quick to jump on the shame wagon.  Especially for a member with 0 long term issues, but with known issues in getting trades out "promptly". (To clarify, I'm talking about daniel with the last part)
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:55:23 by tjcaustin »