Author Topic: Lighting up keys after each keypress?(cm storm quickfire tk)  (Read 1794 times)

Offline cantus

Lighting up keys after each keypress?(cm storm quickfire tk)
« on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:03:44 »
So I know that the ducky series had keyboards that light up after each keypress, like if I hit the L key it would light up for the duration that I clicked it, I was wondering if there was a mod out there that could do that for my cm storm quickfire tk. Just a thought, I always thought that was a pretty cool feature of a light up keyboard haha

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Lighting up keys after each keypress?(cm storm quickfire tk)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:04:18 »
does the controller even allow that?

Offline cantus

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:17:22 »
I have no idea to be honest! Completely new to mechanical keyboard so I have no idea! I thought you could just flash some software by throwing it onto the existing software or something like that.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:19:27 »
I don't own cm but you'd first need to be able to modify the firmware. easiest way if the controller sucks(which it most likely is) is to get a new controller. bifany(or something like that) is making DIY controllers for boards, they may have made one for the tk

Offline cantus

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:22:11 »
Ahh I see :o I'll look into it :> Seems fun to start modding keyboard right off the bat! Thanks for the info!  :thumb:
Just wondering though, where would you find the controllers and the like? Would it just be on the forums or do they have a particular website?
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:24:24 by cantus »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:24:55 »
So I know that the ducky series had keyboards that light up after each keypress, like if I hit the L key it would light up for the duration that I clicked it, I was wondering if there was a mod out there that could do that for my cm storm quickfire tk. Just a thought, I always thought that was a pretty cool feature of a light up keyboard haha

the amount of work that would take for you to get this to work on your own.. you're better off just buying another board which already has this feature..

I'd imagine you'd get board of it quickly though..

because logically.. everything that's important happens on ur computer screen..

How  long are you going to look at your keyboard..

Offline cantus

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:36:41 »
Haha I suppose it would just be easier to get a keyboard with a feature but I thought I'd just ask you guys here to see how hard it would actually be, and I know its not really a useful feature, just a gimmicky for fun thing :> I just really liked the layout of the cmstorm tk over the full size of most duckies but yea, thanks for the help guys!