Author Topic: Do you notice how other people smell?  (Read 9346 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Do you notice how other people smell?
« on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 08:57:37 »
Whether good or bad do you notice how others smell?

I notice some people just smell nice, for some its body chemistry, some its the soap they bathe with or launder their clothes with and/or some sort of perfume or cologne.

Others stink no matter what they do again body chemistry, food they eat, smoking, not bathing, hygiene, etc.

Someone gave us clothes their kids had outgrown and they have a very pleasant smell.

One of my coworkers smells nice and it just sticks around.

Thoughts?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: Do you notice how other people smell?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:01:47 »
I only smell the females; their perfumes. Or the males that have particularly bad BO (yuck).

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:02:24 »
I only smell the females; their perfumes. Or the males that have particularly bad BO (yuck).

But admit it...some guys smell good to.....

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:04:30 »
Sounded too creepy :3
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:35:19 by Tym »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:05:31 »

But admit it...some guys smell good to.....

Yes, I'll admit. Old Spice fragrances in particular... that soapy smell.

Even better is Irish Spring soap.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:06:50 »
I dunno it's just interesting to me how some people's scents stick around while other have no noticeable odor at all.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:15:40 »
The REAL question is, how do you smell and how can you make yourself smell as nice? As some pointed it's the soap or the body chemistry but not all soap suits everyone. So what's the science to this here?

Offline osi

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:16:50 »
Irish Spring FTW. Original scent though.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:18:31 »
I wish I could smell what I smell like. Or my house. Every time I visit somebody there's always a special smell, for better or for worse...
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:20:53 »
The REAL question is, how do you smell and how can you make yourself smell as nice? As some pointed it's the soap or the body chemistry but not all soap suits everyone. So what's the science to this here?

Well I was a die hard old spice pure sport body wash + deodorant stick user I always thought the combo went well together. Recently I switched up to try an Axe body wash.

I wish I could smell what I smell like. Or my house. Every time I visit somebody there's always a special smell, for better or for worse...

^^ this exactly....I'm always like why doesn't my place smell....

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:25:02 »
Hmm.. Maybe I should spray some perfume into the keyboard so my room smell nice .... No?

Offline osi

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:26:34 »
Hmm.. Maybe I should spray some perfume into the keyboard so my room smell nice .... No?

No, sachet under the keyboard should it for you.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:28:40 »

I think it's because we're used to it. I wonder how I can get un-used to it. Although, how do I get un-used to my home where I've lived all my life? I mean, I have to be pretty used to it by now.  :'(
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:30:17 »

Might gunk it up though...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:30:43 »

I think it's because we're used to it. I wonder how I can get un-used to it. Although, how do I get un-used to my home where I've lived all my life? I mean, I have to be pretty used to it by now.  :'(

Go away for a while maybe?

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:30:53 »

Yes, QFT. So true...

IDK why, but houses that smell of secondhand smoke always seem to smell nice to me. Must be because when I was younger I used to go to my aunt's house every day, and that's how her house always smells.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:39:14 »

Go away for a while maybe?

I suppose that would work. Although I don't have the dedication to leave for at least two weeks to smell my house  :p

Yes, QFT. So true...

IDK why, but houses that smell of secondhand smoke always seem to smell nice to me. Must be because when I was younger I used to go to my aunt's house every day, and that's how her house always smells.

Yes, QFT. So true...

I also like the smell of second hand smoke. But fresh smoke kills my butt to pieces :(
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 10:57:08 »
I was on a plane two days ago for nearly four hours. Sitting next to me was this thin, blonde-haired lady. The first smell I noticed was her armpits. Second, was her shoes/feet. Third, she kept trying to talk to me, and her breath smelled bad as well.

I got off that plane sick to my stomach.

Offline osi

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 11:01:49 »
I was on a plane two days ago for nearly four hours. Sitting next to me was this thin, blonde-haired lady. The first smell I noticed was her armpits. Second, was her shoes/feet. Third, she kept trying to talk to me, and her breath smelled bad as well.

I got off that plane sick to my stomach.

That sucks. I would have just gone to sleep, or faked it at least :D

Offline dante

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 11:05:33 »
Can't tell you how many times I wanted to go up to some dude and say "I'm not trying to hit on you - but can you tell me what cologne you are wearing?"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 11:53:44 »
I don't go around smelling people.. so... not really...

But I do recall at least during my school days, the puffier kids didn't shower as often, or perspired more.. or both.. unsure... but yea.. they were the only distinct group that had an olfactory presence

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:01:05 »
Can't tell you how many times I wanted to go up to some dude and say "I'm not trying to hit on you - but can you tell me what cologne you are wearing?"

And why don't you? What is it that makes you think that asking someone what cologne they're wearing is anything even nearly resembling hitting on someone?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:03:56 »

And why don't you? What is it that makes you think that asking someone what cologne they're wearing is anything even nearly resembling hitting on someone?

it would be if that guy was gay... and he thinks you're perving on m'

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:07:19 »
Actually, it would have nothing to do with that guy being homosexual so much as it would have to do with him being an egotistical idiot.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:10:14 »
Actually, it would have nothing to do with that guy being homosexual so much as it would have to do with him being an egotistical idiot.

I'm not so sure it's "NOTHING" to do... maybe little to do...

I mean.. we could easily imagine the situation where a male would be perving on a female by asking about her perfume..

If it happens for Male x female... what stops it from happening in male x male, female x male, female x female

So we established that It could happen.. for all permutations of gender..

Now.. we have to establish likelihood...

male x female perving, most likely...

male x male perving, second most likely

female x male perving, 3rd

female x female perving, 4th

Offline iri

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:13:02 »
the puffier kids didn't shower as often, or perspired more.. or both.. unsure...
fat ****s perspire more.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:14:03 »

I'm not so sure it's "NOTHING" to do... maybe little to do...

I mean.. we could easily imagine the situation where a male would be perving on a female by asking about her perfume..

If it happens for Male x female... what stops it from happening in male x male, female x male, female x female

So we established that It could happen.. for all permutations of gender..

Now.. we have to establish likelihood...

male x female perving, most likely...

female x female perving, 4th
female x male 1st
male x female 2nd

male asking male about perfume he uses => practical interest.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:15:06 »
Girls smell nice.......

So I hear.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:16:01 »
the puffier kids didn't shower as often, or perspired more.. or both.. unsure...
fat ****s perspire more.

woah.. iri... big people are beautiful... BBW/ Milf is one of the top fetishes..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:17:24 »
Girls smell nice.......

So I hear.

they smell exactly the same as a guy smells if not for all the upkeep

They have an edge because____

they just shower more often and feminine hygiene products are generally higher quality and often smell better...

Offline iri

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:20:59 »
fat ****s perspire more.

woah.. iri... big people are beautiful... BBW/ Milf is one of the top fetishes..
Show Image

teh missus has big breasts and is nowhere near even russian standards of 'fat'. my #1 milf is also nowhere near 'fat'.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:29:30 »
I had no idea what to expect from this thread.  Although I expected some talk of farting, which was absent.

But now I see it's really a thread about tp4, and about tp4's BBW/ milk fetish (w/e that is), and tp4's pervy crushes on both men and women.

And, I can't make any sense of tp4's perversion matrix, but I'm sure it's weird:

"male x female perving, most likely...

female x female perving, 4th"

That's a lot of perving for one tp4.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:53:30 »
Yeah we talked about this in phych once.  Everybody has there own unique smell.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 13:33:05 »
I'm hyper-sensitive to smell and find strong smells very unpleasant. Apparently, about 8 percent of the population in Northern Europe is like me.
I also have the problem that a strong smell can trigger migraine.
Some people who have sold me keyboards have cleaned them first, with cleaning liquids that had perfume: please don't, I will clean it myself.

I am not bothered by natural body odours as much as I am of people who are using perfume. These are often old ladies with a weakened sense of smell or men of southern descent who try to be fashionable by using excess amounts of after shave.
The worst are men who use an excess of after shave as an attempt to compensate for poor hygiene.

My other nemesi are people who chew gum with their mouths open, making everyone in the vicinity smell the taste of their gum.
My dad had a condition in the last few years of his life, involving mucus, and he chewed a lot of breath mints.  While I loved him dearly, since then I always associate the smell (and taste) of mint with mucus.. I can't stand it. I find it acceptable in tooth paste, but not anywhere else. Food or candy with mint in it.. absolutely not. Anyone who smells of mint does not exude freshness, but is disgusting to me.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2013, 13:35:34 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline iri

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 13:40:19 »
I'm hyper-sensitive to smell and find strong smells very unpleasant.
by all means stay away from moscow metro.
(an easy task, i know).

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 14:26:41 »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 14:53:54 »
i find that i tend to like smelly people more than people who wear strong deodorant/perfume/cologne. they're more honest.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 15:09:54 »
I think its pleasant when a female that smells good walks by me. On the other hand, I think its highly unpleasant when a male who hasn't bathed in three days passes by me in our lab.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 19:34:11 »
I think its pleasant when a female that smells good walks by me. On the other hand, I think its highly unpleasant when a male who hasn't bathed in three days passes by me in our lab.

That's almost universal, so much pressure on the poor women to smell good to us pervs  ;D .

Although since we (my work) are mostly working outside if you consider Workshops and Concrete Staging areas as our workplaces, I personally have never smelt anyone, even though sometimes you're forced into situations to bump up against someone else when removing/refitting a component onto a vehicle.  Maybe it's the 40+ degree heat with absolute zero humidity that enables us to not smell too bad.

All I remembered once last month when "Christine" a lovely driving the TP45 drops off her truck in our section and she did brush up close, she smelt different from anyone of us.  In fact the hairs on the back of my neck rose amongst other thing(s).  Just caught me by surprise that effect she had on me.  My mrs would kill me but I never got that type of reaction from her even when she dabs expensive perfume onto herself.

Christine never uses any smelly chemical to hide her natural essence and I could see why, plus when she walks away from you in that tight uniform, it just drives you almost insane. I suspect she knows the effect she has on us pathetic males, that's her ultimate way of torturing us during the day time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 19:35:46 »

this happens quite often in LABs.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 19:58:55 »
Well people at school will go... I'M A BOSS A** B**** and spray victoria secret everywhere. They don't smell too nice...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 22:15:33 »
Well people at school will go... I'M A BOSS A** B**** and spray victoria secret everywhere. They don't smell too nice...

what I hate is when they spritz the air, and run through it... freakin' this doesn't work.. due to diffusion rate.. you lose most of that spray...UNLESS you start running forward THEN spray while running.. WHICH would look ridiculous...

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 01:12:37 »

this happens quite often in LABs.
Show Image

That's what acetone is for  :thumb:

Offline iri

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 02:39:22 »
All I remembered once last month when "Christine" a lovely driving the TP45 drops off her truck in our section and she did brush up close, she smelt different from anyone of us.  In fact the hairs on the back of my neck rose amongst other thing(s).  Just caught me by surprise that effect she had on me.  My mrs would kill me but I never got that type of reaction from her even when she dabs expensive perfume onto herself.
so, christine produces feromones upon truck driving?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 03:36:13 »
I don't care much if people smell bad, but I like it when women smell good :3

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 04:08:36 »
so, christine produces feromones upon truck driving?

I don't know about "feromones" but she's young and quite good looking so that helps a bit when you're surrounded by large, thuggish, escapees - from the local prison  ;D .

The company I work for thinks it's a good idea to hire women/girls to drive the latest trucks due to less damage they cause to them overall in a yearly period (they measured their performance and their operation of all the vehicles.....go figure).

Since our site has always had men working everything, getting these new ones arriving kind of reminds you how stunningly attractive the opposite sex can be, when you're out here for a month or more.

I don't mind meeting them when they drive their vehicles in for servicing...... when I've got time.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 04:31:20 »
Typically I can only smell girls unless I'm at work with a couple of guys who love to bathe in cologne every morning. Personally I don't wear any, just use an unscented antiperspirant. Weirdly all my exes say I smell really good...
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 04:56:56 »
Typically I can only smell girls unless I'm at work with a couple of guys who love to bathe in cologne every morning. Personally I don't wear any, just use an unscented antiperspirant.

The thing with the opposite sex, I only ever get that kind of "strange attraction" to only a small number of women that I meet in my life.  Not every women turns me on this way, hence the ones that really affect me - I choose to keep away from, especially at work were anything other than the "normal work interaction" can lead to a dismissal or worse (which had happened in the past with a couple of bosses).

Plus my mrs would skin me alive, Dexter style  :thumb: .

Offline iri

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 05:20:33 »
i produce a lot of pheromones.
that's the only thing that can explain my success among women.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 07:53:47 »
i produce a lot of pheromones.
that's the only thing that can explain my success among women.

Could it be that they just like the naked axe wielding type?