Author Topic: Keyboards Are Destroying My Relationship  (Read 19400 times)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangnamember
  • * Maker
Keyboards Are Destroying My Relationship
« on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 02:30:12 »
Hey dudes,

Creating this thread to vent,hear, and laugh at arguments or situations with your significant other about your keyboard addiction. Also feel free to post advice, or sneaky ways in which you hide your purchases or maybe you just don't give a damn "ITS MY MONEY, I CAN DO WITH IT WHAT I WANT!" Maybe you're single and have turned down a date waiting for a USPS delivery, all are welcome here  ;D

I'll start with an incident that happened today.

Ordered pizza with the gf for dinner. During the meal she asked if she could try out my new (2 day old keyboard) in a couple games of type racer. "Duh type away" I said. Well we finished up the pizza and went upstairs to play. Here's where everything turned into a two hour long argument. "Hey before you play could you wash your hands?" "Why my hands are clean?" I could literally see the orange and red shine of fresh pizza grease still clinging to her fingers. "Seriously it's brand new and your fingers are greasy" temper tantrum ensued and lasted for two hours all because I asked her to wash her hands. It seems blown way out proportion. So geekhack am I crazy person for asking her this?

Someone else go while I lick my wounds...

sell ass and eat out

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Keyboards Are Destroying My Relationship
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 02:37:03 »
Hey dudes,

Creating this thread to vent,hear, and laugh at arguments or situations with your significant other about your keyboard addiction. Also feel free to post advice, or sneaky ways in which you hide your purchases or maybe you just don't give a damn "ITS MY MONEY, I CAN DO WITH IT WHAT I WANT!" Maybe you're single and have turned down a date waiting for a USPS delivery, all are welcome here  ;D

Ordered pizza with the gf for dinner. During the meal she asked if she could try out my new (2 day old keyboard) in a couple games of type racer. "Duh type away" I said. Well we finished up the pizza and went upstairs to play. Here's where everything turned into a two hour long argument. "Hey before you play could you wash your hands?" "Why my hands are clean?" I could literally see the orange and red shine of fresh pizza grease still clinging to her fingers. "Seriously it's brand new and your fingers are greasy" temper tantrum ensued and lasted for two hours all because I asked her to wash her hands. It seems blown way out proportion. So geekhack am I crazy person for asking her this?

LOL... um..... I understand the sentiment.. 

So perhaps just draw the line somewhere.. if the board is < $300...  live and let go..

if it's >$300,  you can always get a new GF..

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 02:39:36 »
Perfectly reasonable request. Hey honey let me touch your new dress with my greasy fingers. :thumb:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 02:41:59 »
Definetly wash hands before touching an HHKB.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangnamember
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 02:44:10 »

LOL... um..... I understand the sentiment.. 

So perhaps just draw the line somewhere.. if the board is < $300...  live and let go..

if it's >$300,  you can always get a new GF..

The keyboard in question was an hhkb pro 2 with an extra $60 in keycaps on the board. Seems like I'm at the $300 mark. If it was my ducky this argument could have been avoided
sell ass and eat out

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 03:01:04 »
Asking her to wash her hands is a perfectly reasonable request, it doesn't even matter if it was on an expensive keyboard or a ****ty rubberdome.

I guess she thought you were taking a jab at her hygiene level?

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 03:19:20 »
That is pretty reasonable, expensive electronics treat them with respect!

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 03:29:23 »
I think she blew off not because of the hygiene thing, which is a reasonable request, but because she felt that you cared for the keyboard more than her. It's the impression she gets from your statement.

Good thread.

I don't have much of a story yet but that's because my PC is in a room upstairs and the family hang out downstairs. So no one ever goes into the boring room but there was once my 2 year old thrashed her hands on the keyboard. I cringed hard and had to gently guide her out of the room and distract her with something else. Fortunately the wife was not there.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangnamember
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 03:37:54 »
I think she blew off not because of the hygiene thing, which is a reasonable request, but because she felt that you cared for the keyboard more than her. It's the impression she gets from your statement.

Good thread.

I don't have much of a story yet but that's because my PC is in a room upstairs and the family hang out downstairs. So no one ever goes into the boring room but there was once my 2 year old thrashed her hands on the keyboard. I cringed hard and had to gently guide her out of the room and distract her with something else. Fortunately the wife was not there.

I hope no clacks were harmed in the thrashing. Kids and keyboards are a dangerous mix! And yes I did receive the "you love a keyboard more than me" more than once tonight
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 December 2013, 03:40:00 by HipsterPunks »
sell ass and eat out

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 03:59:12 »
Unfortunately I don't have any Clacks or BroBots or Gasmask yet. And (fortunately?) the keyboard that she was banging her hands on was the Poker stock caps so it's not as bad yet. I was wise enough to put the HHKB at the workplace and the more precious boards like Matias and Code in the shelf.

Now that everyone is bored of my stuff (it's not a shiny as it once was), I'm able to take out the Code as my daily.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 04:14:02 »

Good thread.

I hope no clacks were harmed in the thrashing. Kids and keyboards are a dangerous mix! And yes I did receive the "you love a keyboard more than me" more than once tonight

I've gotten the you love keyboards more than me a couple times as well mainly because of time spent on geekhack.

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 04:21:55 »
My wife once asked me why I need so many expensive keyboards, and that I should get rid of some of them.  I asked why does she need so many expensive handbags, and that she should get rid of some of them.  That was the end of the conversation.

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 05:54:09 »
I guess another way to look at it is that you should try making a compromise. If you wash your hands in front of her, she should in turn wash her hands. If that doesn't work out then tell her that you are going to have to switch keyboards because you are in love with your newly acquired stuff. Hopefully she will let in otherwise yeah the arguments will definitely ensue and may not necessarily be a good thing for relationships.

There is another way but that requires one to be in a more calm and collective state in both mind and when speaking. By saying that I would almost sound like a Zen monk trying to recite words of wisdom (or even Cesar Milan himself  :)) ). Evidently it is easier said than done for situations such as a brand new and fairly expensive keyboard is on hand and that one with grubby hands wants to try it out regardless.

Anything at least $50 to $100 and beyond for just a keyboard instantly goes into my "expensive and fairly treasured items". However in saying that it is much easier to raise one's voice in which that can and will cause an argument over views. However if one can practise an ideal approach of dealing with virtually any situation it can go a long way. I too am personally trying to practise the notion of being "calm and assertive". I admit I can get hot headed when someone persistently refuses to follow and accept what I am trying to get across. Then again the ideal approaches in life is to try and to not raise voice early in some dispute because it is a simple tell-tale sign to another person that you are getting angry with them.

Recently I have been in touch with my former self (long story - don't ask) I started watching Cesar Milan's shows (via Youtube) even though Cesar Milan is no god or some sort of deity, he does say certain things that maybe useful elsewhere apart from handling dogs (mainly dogs, not sure about cats for instance but it may also work - just don't quote me on cats). The phrase of "calm and assertive" was a quote none other than by himself as far as I am aware of however in this thread (some other site that is of course) it seems to show the same set of apporach may work elsewhere.

For the record, I too would be annoyed if someone had grubby fingers wanted to fiddle around with my newly acquired expensive item. Regardless if the item is HHKB or Korean custom keyboard (which I forked out large money on) or even just an expensive mechanical keyboard. The case does not apply to just keyboards, virtually anything that is worth a fair amount of investment I would like to assert some rights over just like how a mother were for her newly born offsprings (in a sense of being protective). I am also not that great when it comes to saying the right words at the right time (only vocal, not when writing in text) but if somehow I could practise to link the way I speak via text or via voice is the same I maybe able to handle situations better.

Getting hot headed under issues is easy, resolving issues the right way is often (not always) hard. Maybe your girlfriend may pick up a hint or two (after cooling off from the argument for about a day or so) that her actions and response maybe wrong if she thinks of other possible reasons as to why you were angry with her and her grubby hands over your new keyboard. You could go as far as saying that you paid $300 for the keyboard which might even tell her that you are serious with cleaniness.

HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 06:07:14 »

Good thread.

I've gotten the you love keyboards more than me a couple times as well mainly because of time spent on geekhack.

Luckily she didn't assume you are tackling a girl in this forum or someone!

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangnamember
  • * Maker
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 06:16:42 »
I guess another way to look at it is that you should try making a compromise. If you wash your hands in front of her, she should in turn wash her hands. If that doesn't work out then tell her that you are going to have to switch keyboards because you are in love with your newly acquired stuff. Hopefully she will let in otherwise yeah the arguments will definitely ensue and may not necessarily be a good thing for relationships.

There is another way but that requires one to be in a more calm and collective state in both mind and when speaking. By saying that I would almost sound like a Zen monk trying to recite words of wisdom (or even Cesar Milan himself  :)) ). Evidently it is easier said than done for situations such as a brand new and fairly expensive keyboard is on hand and that one with grubby hands wants to try it out regardless.

Anything at least $50 to $100 and beyond for just a keyboard instantly goes into my "expensive and fairly treasured items". However in saying that it is much easier to raise one's voice in which that can and will cause an argument over views. However if one can practise an ideal approach of dealing with virtually any situation it can go a long way. I too am personally trying to practise the notion of being "calm and assertive". I admit I can get hot headed when someone persistently refuses to follow and accept what I am trying to get across. Then again the ideal approaches in life is to try and to not raise voice early in some dispute because it is a simple tell-tale sign to another person that you are getting angry with them.

Recently I have been in touch with my former self (long story - don't ask) I started watching Cesar Milan's shows (via Youtube) even though Cesar Milan is no god or some sort of deity, he does say certain things that maybe useful elsewhere apart from handling dogs (mainly dogs, not sure about cats for instance but it may also work - just don't quote me on cats). The phrase of "calm and assertive" was a quote none other than by himself as far as I am aware of however in this thread (some other site that is of course) it seems to show the same set of apporach may work elsewhere.

For the record, I too would be annoyed if someone had grubby fingers wanted to fiddle around with my newly acquired expensive item. Regardless if the item is HHKB or Korean custom keyboard (which I forked out large money on) or even just an expensive mechanical keyboard. The case does not apply to just keyboards, virtually anything that is worth a fair amount of investment I would like to assert some rights over just like how a mother were for her newly born offsprings (in a sense of being protective). I am also not that great when it comes to saying the right words at the right time (only vocal, not when writing in text) but if somehow I could practise to link the way I speak via text or via voice is the same I maybe able to handle situations better.

Getting hot headed under issues is easy, resolving issues the right way is often (not always) hard. Maybe your girlfriend may pick up a hint or two (after cooling off from the argument for about a day or so) that her actions and response maybe wrong if she thinks of other possible reasons as to why you were angry with her and her grubby hands over your new keyboard. You could go as far as saying that you paid $300 for the keyboard which might even tell her that you are serious with cleaniness.

« Last Edit: Sat, 28 December 2013, 06:25:51 by HipsterPunks »
sell ass and eat out

Offline osi

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 07:00:24 »
In regards to the pizza on the fingers.... I eat lots of things with a fork and knife or two forks just to keep grease off my fingers. This includes chicken on the bone.

You weren't out of line with your request for her to wash her hands-- just be tactful with your words. :D

On a side note, I brought my ps3 to a work pizza party one time. Saw grease on my controllers and that was the last time I shared my electronics. I also don't like lotion on my hands for very much the same reasons. I have a problem :(

Offline 127001

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 07:22:33 »
Hey dudes,

If she's letting you get it in you let her pizza finger whatever she likes. It's just a keyboard.

Plus it just and excuse to take it apart and clean it later.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 07:23:21 »

Good thread.

Luckily she didn't assume you are tackling a girl in this forum or someone!

It's funny you say that she now refers to GH as my keyboard girlfriend :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 07:41:55 »
It's funny you say that she now refers to GH as my keyboard girlfriend :)

Before long she'll drop you eventually for someone else.  The nature of women in general, when they're ignored or treated like dogs they will go looking elsewhere every time.

Forget about the idiot keyboards, spend time with her, that is what you need or become some of the sad bastards here, that are all alone till the day they die.  I couldn't treat mine the way the op treats his, and she still stays with him?

Also getting all antsy because she has dirty hands and wants to use your keyboard, cry me a river pal.  Man up, give her what she wants then later clean the keyboard, simple solution.  I would of course be catering to all her needs away from the keyboard but you seem to have equal love for an inanimate object that doesn't allow any human comfort nor any conversation.

Work out what you really want, a girl that will stay around or another boring keyboard to pile into the corner of your cupboard.......
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 December 2013, 07:45:16 by Elrick »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 07:46:46 »
The more I read this thread, the more I start to question my "hobby". If I started typing out some of the things that I've put my family through for my hobby I'd probably get pissed at myself.

Offline osi

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 07:56:54 »
Elrick,

Are you saying that if someone approached your hhkb with glistening hands you would gladly oblige?

Just because you are in a relationship doesn't mean there are no boundaries. Part of manning up is also protecting your territory, this includes keyboards.

Offline regack

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 08:01:02 »
While I would agree that you shouldn't treat people like dogs, there is a certain amount of information in there that is useful if not taken as direct advice.  Dealing with other people (to me) is always challenging when trying to get what you want, and not upset them.  In retrospect, one way to have handled that situation is to say, "let's play with the shiny new thing... oh, wait, WE should wash OUR hands, they're all grubby after pizza, come on" - Now, it is certainly a LOT easier for me to say this after the fact, because I wasn't there in the moment.  But that doesn't mean you can't learn from this interaction, and keep it in mind for the next time - even if it has nothing to do with keyboards.  Relationships are all full of compromise but should also be full of mutual respect.  She should respect your wish to have clean hands, but by doing that with her, you take the pain/sting out of the request and show that you're being held to the same standard.  Now expand that a bit and apply it to other stuff.   

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 08:02:36 »
Elrick is right though. As much as I love my keyboard (or car or <insert most precious of objects), I should always remind myself that these objects are replaceable whereas a hurt feeling or person cannot be reversed. This reminds me of an Internet email story I read: little boy scratched man's (father) new sports car. Man raged and hammered boy's finger. Later man fixed his car but the boy's fingers were permanently damaged and no operations could restored it. Man killed himself in guilt.

Offline osi

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 08:12:35 »
This seems to be a drastic case. There is no need to be rash in these situatuons -- a simple "babe, come on" can easily diffuse it as well.

Also some responsibility does fall on the owner. If there might be a chance of shenanigans around the keyboard, try to store it away beforehand.

In the end you guys are right though. Things are just things :)

Offline jbl

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 09:27:55 »
Sounds like a pretty great GF --- she's taking an active interest in your own hobby/obsession.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:05:48 »
I really do not think it's too much ask for somebody to wash their hands before handling electronic equipment.  Common courtesy, really. It's respect for the possessions of others.   I suspect you all have some underlying issues.  Work on those.

As for the Dog Whisperer guy, I have learned more about human beings from observing animals than listening to humans drone on about other humans.  We are a animals, after all.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:20:38 »
I really do not think it's too much ask for somebody to wash their hands before handling electronic equipment.  Common courtesy, really. It's respect for the possessions of others. 

Completely agree, common courtesy. It's really not a lot to ask.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:27:03 »
Who doesn't wash their hands after pizza though? That's just nasty.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:30:12 »
I like keyboards better than people.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:33:00 »
:eek: The reasons spam in GH :-X
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:37:15 by yasuo »
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:34:20 »
The problem here is you've allowed her to take control of situations by throwing tantrums. I bet when she does this, you cower and try to console and appease her. Whereas when she first tried doing these things, you should've checked her. Raise your voice and be assertive because you're not in the wrong. You're right, act like it.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:35:02 »
:eek: The reasons :-X

You can finger all keyboards,  you can't finger all people.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:44:42 »

little understood,i think reasons a lot members gh in here maybe me too
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:53:53 »
She would have to be rebaptized just to touch my RealForce :P
Luckily, I don't have an issue with my gf about keyboards. Its probably because I was clear with her that it's a hobby and she respects that. The problem isn't you, OP. She is jealous of the attention you give to your keyboards :P

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 10:58:28 »
I ask people to wash their hands before using my video game controllers and my keyboards.  If you can't take a few seconds to save me the hassle of cleaning, I'm not interested in letting you use them. 
It's similar to asking people to take their shoes off when they enter your house - take 5 seconds to spare me half an hour of vacuuming if you get dirt everywhere.  It's called common courtesy.  Some people need to learn that different people have different rules and requirements, without throwing a tantrum in the process.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 11:09:06 »
**** that ****.
Just dump all the keycaps to polident.
Well, make sure you have couple of sets.  :p
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline iri

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 11:16:56 »
It's similar to asking people to take their shoes off when they enter your house
...so you get this:

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 11:21:48 »
It's similar to asking people to take their shoes off when they enter your house
...so you get this:

Show Image

Looks good to me!   :thumb:

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 11:22:23 »

Hopefully neither occur with nasty pizza fingers
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Online Findecanor

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 11:36:17 »
"Seriously it's brand new and your fingers are greasy"
I think that is perfectly reasonable to ask someone to wash their hands after eating pizza with their hands before touching anything.
It is not just about keyboards. I wouldn't want greasy pizza-fingerprints on anything in my house, furniture, kitchen appliances, door handles, etc.
🍉

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 12:12:27 »
Hey dudes,

Break up with her.  She doesn't respect your ****.  Next she'll be getting in your car with muddy feet and stealing money out your wallet.

Offline iri

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 12:42:08 »
...so you get this:

Show Image

Looks good to me!   :thumb:
that's what every house party entrance in russia looks like. taking shoes off when entering a house is a rock-solid tradition here.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 13:13:48 »
when one of my little brothers wants to try typing on my poker, I make that bastard wash his hands. No way greasy hands are gonna be touching my poker. :))

In your situation though, I would just said, please wash your hands. Because you really care about the keyboard, and if she was sensible and understanding, she would just wash her hands...I'm pretty ocd about that kinda stuff, I wash my hands and caps before whenever i wake my computer up from sleep. I hate grubby, sticky keycaps.

If she refused to simply run her hands under water, I think i would have just not let her use it. It's your keyboard, your choice.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 13:21:46 »
You should be more concerned of her hygiene.  If she thinks her hands are clean with pizza grease on her fingers....

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 16:18:46 »
Now... Back on top, any other stories where keyboard ruin your relationship?

(Technically, OP is not asking for advice on he and her gf)

Offline iri

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 16:27:52 »
her gf? please continue!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 16:37:29 »
Elrick,

Are you saying that if someone approached your hhkb with glistening hands you would gladly oblige?

If she had glistening hands as you put it, might as well get her to stroke something phallic  :thumb: .  Since your gf likes to eat pizza then the flavour should be alright for her as she swallows, on one huge hard piece.

Besides, hasn't anyone heard of "WET ONES" hand wipes here?  The professionals all use it, hence why not get a few packs around your home.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 16:54:53 »
They the same as Wet Wipes?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 17:01:41 »
If you don't want to do the whole "its my money" or "this is my hobby" thing...the best way to hide the money you are spending on keyboard crap is to say the packages you are getting all the time are from trades. Your gf, wife, bf, fiance probably knows you buy, AND sell, AND trade on gh or forums in general. Just act like your trading, they shouldnt care enough about your keyboard loadout to notice that you actually are not stopping at the post office to ship **** after work.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 17:22:53 »
They the same as Wet Wipes?

Should be, any kind of antiseptic wipes that ALL professionals use in their businesses  ;) .