Author Topic: The microsoft windows super-thread!  (Read 40399 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Re: HILLARY CLINTON
« Reply #350 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 13:16:52 »
What are your supreme thoughts on bernie sanders?

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #351 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 13:17:25 »

EVEN HIS HAIR LOOKS BETTER THAN THE YELLOW RAG ON HILLARY'S HEAD.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: GEEKHACK KEYBOARD ARTWORK AND DESKTOP WALLPAPER
« Reply #352 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 13:19:02 »
There is another thread where you can post this.

I DON'T WANT TO POST IT IN THAT THREAD.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #353 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 13:19:26 »
CHECK OUT THIS PICTURE I MADE ON MY COMPUTERS. IT WOULD MAKE A GREAT WALLPAPER FOR GEEKHACK USERS!

Show Image

YES!

GLAD TO HEAR YOU LIKE IT! DID YOU PUT THIS PICTURE ON YOUR DESKTOP WALLPAPER? I THINK IT WILL LOOK VERY GOOD.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #354 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 13:29:49 »

YEA ROWDY, YOU'RE NOT A MODERATOR....AMERICAN'S DON'T LISTEN TO AUSSIE'S. :)

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #355 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 13:50:56 »
Show Image

A country that does not allow convicted felons to vote in general elections is not a democracy.

Never mind that all the US presidential candidates are in the pockets of Wall Street and/or insane (in one way or another) anyway.
🍉

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #356 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 14:10:00 »
The US is a republic, not a democracy.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #357 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 14:39:14 »
The US is a republic, not a democracy.

DUH.....

Our inherent deficiency in interpersonal communication makes a true democracy inefficient and unmanageable.

True democracy is only possible if SOMEHOW all humans became linked via neural net..

I would prefer copper,  but fiber is all the rage..

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a quantum coupling connection..  That would be nice.. 

Offline noons

Re: KEYBOARDS ARE GOING OBSOLETE
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 15:23:41 »
I can only imagine how that font looks on an 800x600 resolution.
Tofu65 Turquoise Tealios | Drop ALT LP Alpacas | 2X Leopold FC750R MX Brown | KUL MX Brown w/Cherry Stab MOD | Leopold FC660C BLANK | REALFORCE 87U 45G | HHKB PRO2 | Leopold TKL MX RED | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX BLUE

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #359 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 15:25:14 »
Is this more a question about touch-screen keyboards, or about keyboards integrated into the computing device?

Might go voice control instead.

Mechanical Voice control?

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #360 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 15:36:01 »
Touch screens will be obsolete as well. Soon we will have wearable VR devices with haptic feedback and eye-gesture control as well as direct neural interfaces.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #361 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 16:09:01 »
I am typing this on Windows 10's touch-screen keyboard right now. It sucks. The accuracy is at the bottom, the auto-correct "corrects" words it never should have, and for longer texts I do almost as much editing as typing. I am also forced to type with the forefingers and always look at the keyboard. This little text took easily ten times as long as it would, have I had used a real keyboard.
🍉

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #362 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 19:44:11 »
Our Savior, Tim Cook, will ensure the keyboard never dies. In 10 years, he will unveil an iBoard that will revilitionalize the way we interact with computing devices. It will contain letters, numbers, symbols, and ways to modify keypresses. He will shame everything that is Microsoft into oblivion with his revolutionary idea. He has already created a digital pencil, the first of its kind. I can only imagine what he has in store for us, but know that I will be waiting graciously for him to speak the good word of Apple.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 20:27:20 »
Our Savior, Tim Cook, will ensure the keyboard never dies. In 10 years, he will unveil an iBoard that will revilitionalize the way we interact with computing devices. It will contain letters, numbers, symbols, and ways to modify keypresses. He will shame everything that is Microsoft into oblivion with his revolutionary idea. He has already created a digital pencil, the first of its kind. I can only imagine what he has in store for us, but know that I will be waiting graciously for him to speak the good word of Apple.

Tim Cook and revolutionize should never be used in the same sentence. Ever.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #364 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 22:04:15 »

YEA ROWDY, YOU'RE NOT A MODERATOR....AMERICAN'S DON'T LISTEN TO AUSSIE'S. :)

It was only a suggestion :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 04:12:08 »
Touch screens will be obsolete as well. Soon we will have wearable VR devices with haptic feedback and eye-gesture control as well as direct neural interfaces.

Well.... nope. Touch screens with direct haptic feedback looks imminent and nicer to use than most other types of input for small devices. It gives the impression of different surface features / materials on a flat glass screen. There's been some playing around with "in the air" contactless input, using cameras, but it's really much better to be physically touching something, unless you're wearing a haptic glove... but that's just not going to happen for oh so many reasons, one of which is the inconvenience of donning a glove to use your phone / tablet, etc.

Nope, for phones / tablets touchscreens will rule the roost for a good long while yet. Keyboard and mouse will ALSO be around for a good long while yet. There is no more efficient input method even at the research stage right now. In fact, mechanical keyboards are becoming more popular and will most likely continue to increase in popularity as more and more people get frustrated with the inefficiencies, lack of feedback and finger pain associated with touchscreen keyboards.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 06:58:43 »
I have three young cousins that don't know how to work a keyboard. They've only ever used touchscreens before.

:confused:
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline KRKS

• Your friendly neighbourhood umbrella
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 08:31:28 »
Windows fan wanting attention and shouting, more news at 11.

#gnulinuxmasterrace
The increasing power of Massdrop WILL kill the community group buys - don't come crying to me after it happens when you're too stupid to see it now. Join me in saving the community!

MD = NO $, NO EXCEPTIONS

Offline Data

« Reply #368 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 08:36:24 »
I'm hitting Alt+F4 on this thread.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 15:52:15 »
I think the democrats are as likely to use Hilary as their nominee as the republicans will be to use Trump.

It's not going to happen.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #370 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:03:14 »
I have a better question.
More
Are you LOW-ENERGY LOSERS ready to be ruled by the most successful, most handsome, most energetic, and extravagant presidential candidate in the history of democracy?

Look at this guy on the right. So weak. How many buildings has he developed? How many successful prime-time shows has he pioneered? Are his past wives even hot?

And did you see how excited he was to shake hands with The Donald?

Are you really ready to live the life of luxury luxury luxury luxury luxury , artful deal-making, and sucesssssssssssssssss that follows THE DONALD wherever he goes?

« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:06:25 by bcredbottle »

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:05:32 »
no

Offline CaplockJack

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 19:13:35 »
I WILL MISS MY CAPSLOCK KEY!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #373 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 19:31:23 »
not all of us want to be leaning over the table to type on the screen.... keyboard will stay for a long while, only thing I can see that can replace them is some device you can control with ur thoughts in order not to type, which we are far away from that developing it. Also voice controlled is a no no cause no one wants to talk out loud just so it can type... keyboards wont be replaced there will always be option for us to connect them no matter what tech has come out, I mean look at it this way, people still put floppies to their PC's and its a tech from the 70's correct?
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #374 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 22:05:43 »

Show Image

Ctrl-F4 might be more appropriate lest the whole browser close!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #375 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 22:07:22 »

Show Image

Russian plane....figures.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 20:27:23 »
Speaking of Hillary Clinton...how about some email?

https://foia.state.gov/search/results.aspx?collection=clinton_email

Enjoy!

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #377 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 20:30:29 »

EVEN HIS HAIR LOOKS BETTER THAN THE YELLOW RAG ON HILLARY'S HEAD.

The overlord has spoken, all true GeekHackers must vote Bernie.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline jd29

« Reply #378 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 20:41:24 »
Quote from: Hillary Clinton
reproductive health care
lol

How about "uterine mass management"?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 05:48:16 »
I'D SAY THAT HILLARY CLINTON'S LOOKS ARE SOME OF THE BEST PREVENTATIVE REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH CARE OUT THERE.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: The microsoft windows super-thread!
« Reply #380 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 07:17:14 »
ANY MORE THOUGHTS ON HILLARY? 29IMEFKD ODGSLF,././

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #381 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 10:17:05 »
She's a better option than Donald trump or Ben Carson, at least. She still wouldn't be my first choice, though.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 October 2015, 10:20:05 by Air tree »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #382 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 11:36:58 »
Honestly, I wouldn't mind a quantum coupling connection..  That would be nice.. 
Show Image

Dude, you gotta find a girl before you start doing that or the parents go crazy.  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #383 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 00:18:40 »
Microsoft block your own site (on a fresh installation) :))

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 21:14:50 »
DEAR MICROSOFT WINDOWS,

PLEASE COME BACK TO GEEKHACK AND GIVE US AN UPDATE ON YOUR CURRENT OPERATING SYSTEM, CURRENT INTERNET EXPLORER VERSION, AND PERIPHERALS. THANK YOU

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #385 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 05:56:21 »
DEAR MICROSOFT WINDOWS,

PLEASE COME BACK TO GEEKHACK AND GIVE US AN UPDATE ON YOUR CURRENT OPERATING SYSTEM, CURRENT INTERNET EXPLORER VERSION, AND PERIPHERALS. THANK YOU

What makes you believe that any of those will have changed?

Offline Altis

« Reply #386 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 22:06:46 »
He's probably enjoying Windows 3.1 with no internet.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 02:07:22 »
Give the guy a break, he's working on disk 100 of 4653 for his Windows 10 installation
Chris Schammert

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #388 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 07:18:51 »
Give the guy a break, he's working on disk 100 of 4653 for his Windows 10 installation

He should get double-density discs and cut that in half.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015