Author Topic: Hi keyboard dudes (and dudettes  (Read 1074 times)

Offline neilometer

Hi keyboard dudes (and dudettes
« on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 16:02:28 »
Just joined today.  don't have anything special yet ( a couple of logitech slim backlits)

But...

Today I ordered some keycaps to go with my soon to be delivered KUL ES-87 (w/ cherry clears)  :)

Offline Lu_e

Re: Hi keyboard dudes (and dudettes
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 20:23:54 »
Welcome, what made you get the clears?

Offline neilometer

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 08:55:12 »
Why Clears?  Well, I sampled some of my friend's keyboards and found the Reds a bit too easy and the Blues a bit loud for me (yeah I guess I'm not into the clicky)

Another friend has a kb w/Browns and he seemed to think them still a bit loud.  From what I've read, the increased resistance of the clears makes them harder to bottom out, so ... less loud?

I do tend to type very hard, so I guess I would have probably went with Blacks otherwise.  After trying all of the Cherry kb's I realized the keys on my Logitech Illuminated keyboard were actually fairly hard to type on, which may be why I tend to hit the keys so hard.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 09:56:10 »
The M/F ratio is 32/1   and that 1 may very well be a trap...

Offline neilometer

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 12:58:24 »
Not sure if this is the right place to post pics of my kb, but I finally got it (and some replacement keycaps) in the mail.

I know doubleshot or dye sub PBT is what most ppl consider the best, but I had trouble finding many of those.  I'll def be on the lookout for good GB's in the near future.

In the meantime, I am going to "rough it" with the stock keys along with a set of IMO sweet looking ABS doubleshots  :p

http://imgur.com/a/NuyEb

tl;dr
ES-87 w/ MX Clears
Oceanic Blue ABS Doubleshots from Originative