Author Topic: The coffin business..  (Read 2627 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
The coffin business..
« on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 23:04:54 »
Thoughts ??

People gotta die right ??

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: The coffin business..
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 23:06:00 »
It's a legitimate business.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 23:06:53 »
You ever watch that episode where Gibbs makes Frank's coffin?

Offline The Mad Professor

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 23:09:55 »
Well one thing's for sure... you'll never run out of clients...  Over time, storage can become an issue, but I see no reason why we can't reuse spaces where there's nothing left. All else fails, disintegration or recycling can be a good industry... especially if you go into the fertilizer business.
Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:00:57 »
My gf's sister's boyfriend's dad owned a string of 10 funeral directors and he just sold them.

They are hella loaded. It's a very profitable business with funerals creeping close to £8,000 each.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:02:06 »
I'm actually pretty convinced of its long term viability... 

The issue in business  is actually sustained growth, because people like to see money come out of no where, ala USA debt base..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:24:03 »
Soon the planet will run out of space to bury people in the ground.

Crematoriums will be too busy.

Solyent green, anyone?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:25:31 »
What about burial though?

Burial at sea?
Burial in your backyard, family plot?
Burial at graveyard, next to your family?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:36:06 »

Burial at sea?

In Australia it is not legal to bury someone in your back yard.  You'd end up with a visit from the police and they will aerate your top soil for you.

Family plots are only so large - assuming a family is fruitful, any reasonable sized plot will fill in a couple of centuries at most.

Most graveyards are now in suburban areas.  There was a graveyard next to the high school I went to.  No room to expand it, and only a few empty plots.  Back when it was started it was probably right out on the outskirts of the populated area, but now is in the suburbs.

I guess there are a lot of deserts where people are unlikely to setup permanent residence - you could be buried there.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:46:54 »
I still say that we go the fertilizer route. Grind me up into mulch and spread me over a field. It would be nice to know that my death contributed to the sustenance of future generations.

Plus, it's Soylent Green... but without it ACTUALLY being Soylent Green.
Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:47:50 »

Burial at sea?

In Australia it is not legal to bury someone in your back yard.  You'd end up with a visit from the police and they will aerate your top soil for you.

Family plots are only so large - assuming a family is fruitful, any reasonable sized plot will fill in a couple of centuries at most.

Most graveyards are now in suburban areas.  There was a graveyard next to the high school I went to.  No room to expand it, and only a few empty plots.  Back when it was started it was probably right out on the outskirts of the populated area, but now is in the suburbs.

I guess there are a lot of deserts where people are unlikely to setup permanent residence - you could be buried there.

soylent is the more green way to go...  buh..... people got this whole conscience thing

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 03:05:44 »
I would donate my body to science but I rather not have some student feeling up my cold dead body. Make me into mulch like someone else said.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 04:47:59 »

Rowdy just have a look at all the disused mine-sites here in Convict Town, there is heaps of space underground to fill up with millions of bodies.  Aside from burying Nuclear Waste there you can also pile it up with dead relatives and friends for thousands of years  :thumb: .

There is plenty of space inland of Australia should start filling it up for once, even if it's only for corpses and waste......

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 05:36:28 »
I still say that we go the fertilizer route. Grind me up into mulch and spread me over a field. It would be nice to know that my death contributed to the sustenance of future generations.

Plus, it's Soylent Green... but without it ACTUALLY being Soylent Green.
Nah, let's go straight Soylent Green route!!!  :))
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 06:47:52 »

Rowdy just have a look at all the disused mine-sites here in Convict Town, there is heaps of space underground to fill up with millions of bodies.  Aside from burying Nuclear Waste there you can also pile it up with dead relatives and friends for thousands of years  :thumb: .

There is plenty of space inland of Australia should start filling it up for once, even if it's only for corpses and waste......

I'm not sure many people would want their loved ones remains dumped next to nuclear waste.

Funerals would get quicker though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 10:27:46 »
Ok.. so you guys are saying...  good - investment ??

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 14:28:03 »

I'm not sure many people would want their loved ones remains dumped next to nuclear waste.

This thought has all the earmarks of a "cautionary tale" movie produced by the SyFy channel...

Well, unless someone figures out how to cure death, you should be good.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 20:20:16 »

This thought has all the earmarks of a "cautionary tale" movie produced by the SyFy channel...

Well, unless someone figures out how to cure death, you should be good.

This is the one time, I am going with advice I got on the internet, oh wait.. 87u.. ffffff...

well hopefully this one turns out ok...  :))

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 21:49:00 »
Death and taxes...
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 04:33:33 »

It's coming rowdy, no one wants dead bodies parked next to their homes and shopping centers hence putting them down disused mine sites is the logical thing to do.  Nuclear waste won't bring anything to life simply because the waste is so toxic nothing can breed or move in it's grasp when spilled, on anything living or dead  8) .

The funeral homes never tell where their loved ones are going hence only have an empty panel in a crypt, with their names upon it should suffice.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 04:36:28 »

It's coming rowdy, no one wants dead bodies parked next to their homes and shopping centers hence putting them down disused mine sites is the logical thing to do.  Nuclear waste won't bring anything to life simply because the waste is so toxic nothing can breed or move in it's grasp when spilled, on anything living or dead  8) .

The funeral homes never tell where their loved ones are going hence only have an empty panel in a crypt, with their names upon it should suffice.

This is not completely true...

Biologists like to think they know all there is to know about LIFE,

then they wiggle the whole redox pair in front of you..

Yes, there is evidence to suggest that life will conform to certain standards..

but the Universe is too big a place to dwell so firmly on what little we know about it.

Life that survive under heavy radiation could very well exist..  ^-^

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 06:31:56 »
Life that survive under heavy radiation could very well exist..  ^-^

You may experience the full onslaught of radiation when the idiot West starts picking a fight with Moscow, then you can post here on Geekhack (if it still works) what's growing on or inside you (please provide pics of it)  ;) .

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 09:03:17 »
Yes, bury people with the nuclear waste. Then we can have radioactive zombies!

Me, I want to be placed in a metal cylinder and shot out of a spacecraft onto the Genesis planet. Then you guys can come search for me! ;D

That, or a nice funeral pyre, with me dressed in brown robes, with my light saber by my side.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."