Author Topic: Police Assassination in USA  (Read 5482 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Police Assassination in USA
« on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 21:25:59 »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30566196

I wonder if this may go viral and turn into a trend. USA is full of people who don't like the police, full of guns, and full of criminals who just got released from prison due to lack of room. This is not a good time to be upholding the law there.

Not like in Singapore, where the police have perpetually nothing to do and like to sleep on the job. Down there its really the law of the jungle.
 :'( :rolleyes: :eek:
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Police Assassination in USA
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 21:36:10 »
Sensationalism..

It's not like this happens all the time..  Hardly significant / newsworthy...

If the topic is Guns, well, it's certainly as easy to kill a man with one today as it was yesterday.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 22:59:49 »
I wonder if this may go viral and turn into a trend. USA is full of people who don't like the police, full of guns, and full of criminals who just got released from prison due to lack of room. This is not a good time to be upholding the law there.

Most people with guns are not the sort to do something like that.  And most people who hate the police (aside from gang members) don't own guns since they're the same people yelling to regulate guns and trying to get rid of them.  Lastly, the criminals who have been released from prison are mostly non-violent offenders who never should have been in prison in the first place.

And, to be honest, while there are many good cops, the unions, the "thin blue line," and the other similar bull**** is what has caused the hatred of police.  Instead of community policing, decriminalizing victimless crimes like prostitution and small scale drug use, and being open to the community, we have a society in which cops are increasingly becoming distant, viewing it as us vs them, and militarized, where they protect bad cops, and where no one knows the cops that police their neighborhood.  It really is no surprise that people have come to fear and hate the cops. 

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 23:09:05 »

More troll bs from berserkfan.  :sarcastic eek:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 23:11:09 »

Most people with guns are not the sort to do something like that.  And most people who hate the police (aside from gang members) don't own guns since they're the same people yelling to regulate guns and trying to get rid of them.  Lastly, the criminals who have been released from prison are mostly non-violent offenders who never should have been in prison in the first place.

And, to be honest, while there are many good cops, the unions, the "thin blue line," and the other similar bull**** is what has caused the hatred of police.  Instead of community policing, decriminalizing victimless crimes like prostitution and small scale drug use, and being open to the community, we have a society in which cops are increasingly becoming distant, viewing it as us vs them, and militarized, where they protect bad cops, and where no one knows the cops that police their neighborhood.  It really is no surprise that people have come to fear and hate the cops. 

Ur making some very obscure generalizations on "very" small groups that are not representative of anything at all..

What are you trying to say ?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 23:19:44 »
while im not surprised this happened..

this isn't the way to prove your point. you're only a) helping cops justify their actions and b) helping racists justify their racism.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 23:32:02 »

this isn't the way to prove your point. you're only a) helping cops justify their actions and b) helping racists justify their racism.

But the power struggle is real.... it's not a race war, not really.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 23:33:15 »

Well, come back and comment on this when you're black or hispanic.  Especially in cities like LA and NYC.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 23:36:33 »

Well, come back and comment on this when you're black or hispanic.  Especially in cities like LA and NYC.

it's true that there are those that will LEVERAGE race as a tool, usually the weaker side, (minorities)..   However, motivations are the same regardless.. they're after power/influence

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 23:46:19 »
Not like in Singapore, where the police have perpetually nothing to do and like to sleep on the job. Down there its really the law of the jungle.
Dude, you live in a fascist police state halfway around the world. Why are you continually commenting about US social relations that have nothing to do with you?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 23:53:48 »
Dude, you live in a fascist police state halfway around the world. Why are you continually commenting about US social relations that have nothing to do with you?

Dude.. Politics is the same EVERYWHERE..  you can call it whatever you want..

The rich rule the poor..

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 00:04:14 »
Dude.. Politics is the same EVERYWHERE..  you can call it whatever you want..

The rich rule the poor..
I mean, sure, human nature is similar everywhere there are people.

But political systems and cultural expectations make huge differences. If you compare people living in Beijing, Gaza City, New York, Copenhagen, Moscow, Rio de Janeiro, Havana, Mogadishu, (not to mention random little towns in the middle of nowhere) folks have dramatic differences in relations with their neighbors, relations with the police, relations with their government officials, etc. etc.

“The rich rule the poor” is unusually reductionist even for you tp4, and I consider you a master of bad overgeneralizations.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 00:08:15 »
Hahahaha..  My point is not that every political system is absolutely the same..

My point is that they're all similar enough such that Anyone Anywhere is entitled to their opinions, as MORE than enough of their political locality is present everywhere else.

Offline iri

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 05:05:25 »

The gunman was a black man - named as Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28 - while the two police officers, Liu Wenjin and Raphael Ramos, were Asian and Hispanic respectively.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 05:18:07 »
I wonder if things like this will lead to the laws on gun ownership to slowly change... The situation is pretty clear and the solution is obvious.
I wonder how long though it will take before it happens though...

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 06:36:24 »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30566196

:'( :rolleyes: :eek:

You have no clue what you're talking about.  First of all, we jail entirely too many people in this country. Way too many for too long.  And they aren't all crazed cop killers.

Killing a cop is always an awful idea, and any real criminal knows that.

I wonder if things like this will lead to the laws on gun ownership to slowly change... The situation is pretty clear and the solution is obvious.
I wonder how long though it will take before it happens though...

This exact same argument every time our country has some gun-related incidents that makes the news.  Changes happen state-by-state with gun laws, unless the federal government wants to impose their will on the states in the "national interest," so we'll see.

Then you have states like mine, Indiana, in which the legislature is run by white baby boomers that make decisions based on non-acceptance, moral authority, and holding onto the past rather than structuring the laws for people, not corporations, and with the future of the state in mind.

Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline iri

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 06:44:42 »
if one day evil fate brings me to 'murica, i'll be happy having many guns. guns are fun :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 07:47:30 »
if one day evil fate brings me to 'murica, i'll be happy having many guns. guns are fun :(

I will admit, they are fun.  Going out to the desert and shooting cacti and targets is awesome.  Except when they are in the hands of the mentally ill and untrained, and they are the pointing the barrel at you.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 07:58:32 »

I will admit, they are fun.  Going out to the desert and shooting cacti and targets is awesome.  Except when they are in the hands of the mentally ill and untrained, and they are the pointing the barrel at you.

I like going off topic to further my old political agenda so;

I don't think there exists the need for people to be allowed guns in any capacity other than for hunting, and in the cases having the type and power of said weapon to be appropriate, similar but not the same as UK gun laws.

Offline iri

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 08:20:50 »
You can use guns for hunting, plinking, self defense and all kinds of sports shooting. Also you can collect guns. Also you can build a fence from rifles and machineguns.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 14:32:35 »

I don't think there exists the need for people to be allowed guns in any capacity other than for hunting, and in the cases having the type and power of said weapon to be appropriate, similar but not the same as UK gun laws.

I don't think there exists the need for people to be allowed knives in any capacity other than for cooking, and in the cases having the type and size of said weapon to be appropriate. 

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 15:10:59 »
I don't think there exists the need for people to be allowed knives in any capacity other than for cooking, and in the cases having the type and size of said weapon to be appropriate. 
What about machetes? Machetes are damn useful for clearing a path through the jungle.

Offline tbc

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 15:14:35 »
What about machetes? Machetes are damn useful for clearing a path through the jungle.

or like coconuts
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 15:15:41 »

Well, since we don't have jungles in the US, those should be banned too.  And, while we're at it, we should ban baseball bats unless you have a permit and can show you're going to and from a game, practice, or batting cages.  All bats should have to be transported in the trunk of the car, away from the baseballs.  It's the only way we can absolutely make sure people are safe.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 16:48:54 »

Show Image

Eh I guess I agree with that to an extent... If your a country lad a knife can be pretty handy, but that said I've lived most of my life in the country and never needed one lol, hell I bearly own what you could consider kitchen knifes lol

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 23:24:41 »
This was about 20 minutes away from my house.

That's about everything notable I have to say on this. It's ****ty, people are ****ty, and that's that.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 03:53:26 »
I stand by the argument that the man is the killer not the weapon .

Sure a legally bought gun is an easier way to do it .

In France , guns are hard to get (besides hunting rifle ) . Yet in Marseille , there's a lot of AK's and drugs gang are killing daily with assault weapon .

I'm against guns because they have almost no usage for a normal human being . But again , if a jackass wanted to kill a policeman , guns aren't the only way to do it . And black market guns aren't so hard to get anyway .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 04:22:17 »

In France , guns are hard to get (besides hunting rifle ) . Yet in Marseille , there's a lot of AK's and drugs gang are killing daily with assault weapon .

I'm against guns because they have almost no usage for a normal human being . But again , if a jackass wanted to kill a policeman , guns aren't the only way to do it . And black market guns aren't so hard to get anyway .

It's also easy to make guns or use something besides a "gun", i.e. poison, wire, heavy object, hole, car, electricity, knife.. No ban on anything could ever stop people from getting or making weapons, especially that comment above about banning knives, considering how easy they are to make and find materials for.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 December 2014, 04:38:44 by PointyFox »

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 04:36:17 »
In France, guns are hard to get (besides hunting rifle). Yet in Marseille, there's a lot of AK's and drugs gang are killing daily with assault weapon.
The problem in Marseille is very high levels of poverty and unemployment, and being one of the main entry points for cannabis coming to Europe from northern Africa. If drug laws were changed in Europe, much of this crime would go away.

More broadly, the way out is economic growth and improving living standards. Just as with poor urban slums anywhere in the world, this isn’t an easy set of problems to tackle.

Easy availability of guns absolutely makes a difference for the worse though.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 04:51:45 »
In France, guns are hard to get (besides hunting rifle). Yet in Marseille, there's a lot of AK's and drugs gang are killing daily with assault weapon.
The problem in Marseille is very high levels of poverty and unemployment, and being one of the main entry points for cannabis coming to Europe from northern Africa. If drug laws were changed in Europe, much of this crime would go away.

More broadly, the way out is economic growth and improving living standards. Just as with poor urban slums anywhere in the world, this isn’t an easy set of problems to tackle.

Easy availability of guns absolutely makes a difference for the worse though.
I don't think it would fix the issue in France, seing how highly taxed is general tobacco and the price of having a store to sell drugs . I think black market canabis would still be cheaper . So gangs would still have to fight .
But anyway , chance of it happenning in France in the next 20 years is close to impossible .

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline iri

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 04:53:58 »
I am so glad we don't have gangs machinegunning each other here.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 05:00:14 »
I wonder if this may go viral and turn into a trend.
It will be a trend if media spins it as being a trend, and makes connections with Ferguson and whatever.
I wouldn't be surprised if I heard that similar events had happened before over in the gun-crazy us-against-them-mentality ole USA ... it is just that those events had been treated differently in media.
🍉

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 05:12:08 »

Why not?  The weaker ones get thinned out whilst the most vicious and conniving rules the streets, just like in nature  8) .

Offline iri

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 05:20:43 »

Why not?  The weaker ones get thinned out whilst the most vicious and conniving rules the streets, just like in nature  8) .
i am also very glad that gangs don't rule the streets here.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 05:28:09 »

Guns spread fear.
How many Policemen would the man have been able to kill using a knife?

Offline iri

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 06:06:37 »
About Marseille... There is a joke: "-- What foreign language is the most spoken in Marseille? -- French".

-Ray Bradbury

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 07:13:21 »
About Marseille... There is a joke: "-- What foreign language is the most spoken in Marseille? -- French".
And sadly very close to the true , so many immigrants going through Marseille , that we're almost the outsiders there .
Azerty Propagandiste