I'm puzzling on a layout, I would like feedback/advice/ideas.
- the upper 3 rows are finished, the questions are about the lower 2 rows: the Z row and the Spacebar row.
- the layout is based on a PCB, I'm not exactly sure yet how much room there is for changes, but let's dream & design anyway
- I use a custom version of the German/English) AdnW layout, which in turn is based on Dvorak's ideas. My "home fingers" are riea dtns
- don't look too much at the labels of the keys, please focus on the hardware
- I would like maximal hand separation
- I would like to use Shift with the thumb
But maybe there are too many keys on the Z row, and this would be better?
Also, I'm not sure if the middle space bar key is reachable on this wide layout. If so, why not reserve it for rare stuff (Scroll Lock, anyone?
) and make it even smaller, ginving more space to the other two space bars? Here
are the designs
Ideas, suggestions? Better ways to do this? Please post them! Thanks.