Author Topic: /r/mk community survey March 2015  (Read 9031 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: /r/mk community survey March 2015
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:25:21 »
Hahahaha..  I bet all the people with 6 or more keyboards were from GH.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:26:09 »
Why do people buy all them duckies..  it has such a crummy logo..  I guess there is the convenience of thick-pbts built in..

Still... That logo is dumb..
I think most people buy them because of the backlighting as well as their reputation.

AFAIK, the caps of Ducky's backlit keyboards are ABS.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:34:49 by wlhlm »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:27:25 »
Hahahaha..  I bet all the people with 6 or more keyboards were from GH.

:thumb:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:34:36 »
Average page views relates more with traffic and with activity, than with membership. Forums are not the same, therefore they are not comparable, directly. At the end of the day, r/MK and GH may be the most active boards related with KBs. DT is a nice site but very low in traffic.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 18:26:30 »
My write in comment Ripster sucks didn't get mentioned in the results :(

Offline Tyrosh22

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 18:31:53 »
A few days ago I flipped my spacebar ... the world turned upside-down :D

What are the reasons you browse /r/MechanicalKeyboards?

Drama. (145)

lol.
Meow.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 20:26:12 »
I went to reddit a couple of times but it kept trying to get me to "register" so I bailed.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Mookerific

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 22:33:29 »
I don't get the hate towards /r/MK. Its a good forum, the reddit threadvoting system is far better to navigate than the forum software used here, and people are generally helpful.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 22:38:13 »
I don't get the hate towards /r/MK. Its a good forum, the reddit threadvoting system is far better to navigate than the forum software used here, and people are generally helpful.
The biggest problem with the upvote system for is that it's nice for things like sharing pictures, but threads that may require extended visibility time can't get that time because there's no way to consistently get enough votes to stay in a place of visibility for more than a day or two.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 22:44:54 »

I'm fine with 90% of it.  I just have a problem with the mindset that ripping off other people's work is fine and the asinine hatred of Geekhack and ridiculous claims of brigading.  It also gets very very repetitive with little truly new and innovative content.  When it does pop up, it's really interesting, but it's gone before you know it.

Reddit isn't really a good platform for proper discussion or knowledge generation though.  As hwood said, it's not conducive to really giving threads additional time and generating larger responses since content is so fleetingly seen.  It's great for sharing media and quick, simple questions, but nothing really deeper.  That and the wiki is a hot mess over there.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 22:49:12 »

I'm fine with 90% of it.  I just have a problem with the mindset that ripping off other people's work is fine and the asinine hatred of Geekhack and ridiculous claims of brigading.  It also gets very very repetitive with little truly new and innovative content.  When it does pop up, it's really interesting, but it's gone before you know it.

Reddit isn't really a good platform for proper discussion or knowledge generation though.  As hwood said, it's not conducive to really giving threads additional time and generating larger responses since content is so fleetingly seen.  It's great for sharing media and quick, simple questions, but nothing really deeper.  That and the wiki is a hot mess over there.
Agreed with this 100%. I use Reddit every day but it's not what I would call a great community. The geekhack bashing and lack of original content is what eventually had me unsubbing, gets pretty boring seeing the same stock boards again and again.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 23:17:58 »
I'm surprised that the majority of people come to MK for modifications.  Maybe they mixed up modifications and keyboard "art?"
Hi :)

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 05:45:23 »
LOL Im 50% of the people who work with sales/marketing on Reddit.
23% ISO lövers, there is still hope!
TKL is so hot right now!
Thought engravde caps would be way more popular
Damn 65% has 0 custom caps. Would have liked to know how many want/is looking for them
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 06:05:45 »
I'm surprised that the majority of people come to MK for modifications.  Maybe they mixed up modifications and keyboard "art?"
You mean swapping random caps isn't modding your keyboard?