Author Topic: Possible to "sell" massdrop order before it actually ships?  (Read 2314 times)

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
Possible to "sell" massdrop order before it actually ships?
« on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:21:42 »
Not sure which other subforum to post this in, and I'm not at two months yet so can't post in classifieds. If this is the wrong subforum, please insult my intelligence and move to the appropriate area.  :p

I'm thinking of selling my Triumph Adler GB. It was hard to make the decision but ultimately I think there are better avenues for me to invest that money. The problem is, I'd rather not wait until the Leafs make the playoffs for Massdrop to ship them to me for me to then go through the hassle of reshipping them after getting merked by customs fees, so I was wondering if anyone has done the following:

1. Find a potential buyer, but not take money yet.
2. Contact Massdrop and told them to ship to buyer's address (possibly in another country).
3. Possibly get a refund for the shipping difference from Massdrop.
4. "Sell" the order here - note that it's safer since it's a commercial entity and not me shipping, for those with trust issues. I'll of course forward the email confirmation from Massdrop to buyer.
5. Save myself a few strands of hair from not having to reship the merch.

Does that make sense? Anyone think that is even possible? Thought I'd ask to see if this seemed like an okay procedure, before I emailed Massdrop formally. I really hate shipping because of the hassle of getting the proper supplies and box size (Canada Post doesn't sell the board game box), so trying to avoid doing it myself.

Thanks for reading! :D

Offline tbc

Re: Possible to "sell" massdrop order before it actually ships?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:33:45 »
absolutely can't sell or trade items if they're not in your hands in classifieds.

people sell their notshipped gb orders in the gb thread.

since md doesn't have a gh gb thread for their buy, you're not going to be able to sell it publicly on gh.

maybe you can post in that buy's discussion page? or just ask MD for a refund?

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:35:31 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:57:56 »
absolutely can't sell or trade items if they're not in your hands in classifieds.

people sell their notshipped gb orders in the gb thread.

since md doesn't have a gh gb thread for their buy, you're not going to be able to sell it publicly on gh.

maybe you can post in that buy's discussion page? or just ask MD for a refund?

Sorry, didn't mean I would post this actual sale in classifieds, I was just going to post the question there - but thank you for the correct point!

Bummer if there is only the refund or reshipping path; I was just hoping to help the community out by actually redirecting the keycaps to someone who missed it, at GB price, rather than having them suffer marked up aftermarket prices.

I think I'll just wait for them to come and then ship them. Thanks for help.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 12:05:51 »
try deskauthority. Their classifieds may have different rules.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 14:28:47 »
deskthority is fairly cold towards adler, there was some drama over lack of full ISO support.

i'll just wait for it to arrive I guess and make a decision there. thanks for help!  :thumb:

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 14:35:24 »
deskthority is fairly cold towards adler, there was some drama over lack of full ISO support.

i'll just wait for it to arrive I guess and make a decision there. thanks for help!  :thumb:

There is actually a thread here for TA: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70278.0. That's probably your best bet. I don't know how cooperative massdrop will be with changing shipping addresses, as I've never had to do that myself.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 14:51:36 »
Technically this is like selling debt..

So it's certainly Legal.. 

Assuming you put in a deliver by date in the paypal transaction..    It should be fine.

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 14:54:46 »
Technically this is like selling debt..

So it's certainly Legal.. 

Assuming you put in a deliver by date in the paypal transaction..    It should be fine.

I'm actually trying to avoid PayPal, I'd rather just have Massdrop ship it directly to the new person. The whole point of this is so I avoid have to reship when it arrives. But thanks for the legality point!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 14:58:13 »
It's easy to change a massdrop delivery address, just email them with your order number. I've had to do it in the past.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 15:34:57 »
thought about it some more, i think i'll stick with it (i'm a fickle lad, unfortunately). set is too beautiful and i'll just treat it as a collector's item.

thanks for all your help, i at least have a better idea of my options for future situations.