Author Topic: Windows 10 Therapy  (Read 1501 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Windows 10 Therapy
« on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:17:56 »
So most us are now running Windows 10...Well except for Microsoft Windows, I'm pretty sure he's still on Windows 3.1...

Anyhoo my PC just randomly started slowing down over the weekend. I'm a neat freak and keep my PC clean, no malware's, pr0n's, etc. Flushed temp files, Chrome cache, removed all unwanted software.

Has anyone else noticed slowness problems with Windows 10 recently?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Windows 10 Therapy
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:24:43 »
So most us are now running Windows 10...Well except for Microsoft Windows, I'm pretty sure he's still on Windows 3.1...

Anyhoo my PC just randomly started slowing down over the weekend. I'm a neat freak and keep my PC clean, no malware's, pr0n's, etc. Flushed temp files, Chrome cache, removed all unwanted software.

My "mother" is running windows 10..

I recently left the States, so she's using my 4770k Delid-4.8ghz.. 

It's been months,  and No complaints of slowdown..

Perhaps you need more ram.. I got 2x8 -GB 2600mhz ram in that pc..

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:34:50 »

My pc slowed down in terms of boot time right after my upgrade
I can really notice it but with daily usage, can't feel any slow down from previous 8.1

mind listing your pc components?
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:42:57 »

STANDARD 3.1 OR NT?

Offline raymogi

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:47:09 »
It completely messed up my Alienware. Had to restore to Win 8.1 so I can sell it.

Apparently the Radeon driver is not compatible enough with the R9 card inside it. It will crash the display once every 2 hours or so.

Other slowness I notice is during browsing. Opening imgur takes a lot longer than usual.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:53:59 »
I have a Windows 10 story that's largely a display of bad decisions made by myself, but also tells of how **** W10 can be.

So back when the Starwars Battlefront beta was going on, I planned on playing it with a few of my friends. Unfortunately, I had issues running the game which turned out to solvable by either installing W7 SP1, or W10. So I chose W10. Can't be that bad right? I'm due for an upgrade anyway.
I upgraded, and had a couple of days of fun with the beta. Moved on back to CSGO, which I noticed ran considerably slower now. Same with TF2. So I looked for why this was happening, and it turns out that by default, W10 has a feature that records the last 30 seconds of your gameplay, in case you want to save it or something. I didn't want this.

If you read the instructions for disabling this in that link, you'll see that you have to access the Xbox app. For this, you need an Xbox account thing. Pretty annoying, but I figured I'd only need to do this once. So I made an account with garbage values and credentials, disabled DVR, and all was well.

The next day when I sat down at my computer, I was greeted by a Windows logon prompt, which I didn't have before. It was asking for the password to this garbage account I made the previous night. I couldn't remember the random password, and my associated phone number was also garbage, so I couldn't recover it. Called Microsoft support, they weren't allowed to reset the account or anything. I was locked out of my own machine. I didn't realise that account I made wasn't just some Xbox gaming account, it was an actual Microsoft account.

So I went back to Windows 7. Don't plan on upgrading for a long time now.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:31:05 »
STANDARD 3.1 OR NT?

NT is for a corporate environment, pretty sure MW is self-employeed.

Hey Jokrik!

16gb rambo
ssd main drive
i7 3.something Ghz
****ty gtx650ti video card
evga MB

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:17:47 »
STANDARD 3.1 OR NT?

NT is for a corporate environment, pretty sure MW is self-employeed.

Hey Jokrik!

16gb rambo
ssd main drive
i7 3.something Ghz
****ty gtx650ti video card
evga MB
Haha ok, then it's your os since your spec is fine unless there are some hardware faults,

Try give it a clean slate (not blowing it up like iron man) . Just reinstall the windows

Should be fine, and remove all overclock til it's stable
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline shibataken

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:03:38 »
You don't happen to be running an ssdnow v300 ssd are you?  Those are prone to slowing down...

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:06:28 »

STANDARD 3.1 OR NT?

pretty sure it's Windows for Workgroups 3.11
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches