Author Topic: You know you're getting old when..  (Read 11067 times)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: You know you're getting old when..
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 19:36:02 »
when your birthday comes around

32 this year?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 19:40:30 »
25 was very bad. One of the worst I had. 27 was very awful as well. Not looking forward to 30 at all D; .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 19:42:41 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 19:43:53 »
25 was very bad. One of the worst I had. 27 was very awful as well. Not looking forward to 30 at all D; .

Meh, I'll be 32 myself this year and it doesn't even bother me anymore.  Everyone gets older, so you can either embrace it and enjoy it or make a big deal out of something that literally no one can stop.  So far, I've loved my 30s and would take them over my 20s at this point!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline sarahnicole

• //add comment here later
You know you're getting old when..
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 19:57:47 »
When I talk to my 15 year old niece.

Always coming home from school with these hip new phrases.
She tried to tell me A1 meant cool, I told her no, that's a steak sauce honey.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 March 2016, 19:59:47 by sarahnicole »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:02:04 »

Meh, I'll be 32 myself this year and it doesn't even bother me anymore.  Everyone gets older, so you can either embrace it and enjoy it or make a big deal out of something that literally no one can stop.  So far, I've loved my 30s and would take them over my 20s at this point!

legit, i never understood the hard on over age. i have this friend i've known for awhile and the other day she sent me a message asking how i was and blah blah and i asked her how she was and she goes.. "im preparing myself to turn 30.."

im like, how over dramatic is that ****? news flash, 30 is the same as 29 if you haven't done **** the last year.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:02:20 »
32 this year?

Twice that for me. At some point you are just glad that they keep coming.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:07:57 »

legit, i never understood the hard on over age. i have this friend i've known for awhile and the other day she sent me a message asking how i was and blah blah and i asked her how she was and she goes.. "im preparing myself to turn 30.."

im like, how over dramatic is that ****? news flash, 30 is the same as 29 if you haven't done **** the last year.

30 is a big deal for females..

it's basically like the official, no more mess-ing around age..

It's also the age where.. ok, this sounds awful, but you know when you buy a new car, and now it's a used car..  and the value is cut in half..

Yea.. age 30 is that significant a drift..

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:15:10 »

30 is a big deal for females because they have been conditioned by society that they are less valuable of a sexual partner as they age, where as men are taught that they become more "distinguished" with age.

FTFY ;)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:22:30 »

30 is a big deal for females..

it's basically like the official, no more mess-ing around age..

It's also the age where.. ok, this sounds awful, but you know when you buy a new car, and now it's a used car..  and the value is cut in half..

Yea.. age 30 is that significant a drift..

yeah no, that's bull****.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:23:51 »
old people smell which means you guys smell  :rolleyes:

Ageist!!! REPORTED!!

Gas them all  ^-^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:30:47 »

FTFY ;)

In the wild.. Humans have been estimated to die around age 40.

So, assuming naturally that the female would've lived long enough to raise her child, she would require at least a 5 year window to rear a somewhat independent offspring.

40-5 = 35,   that means at the latest, natural evolution would've placed the final deadline for progenation at ~ age 35..

and we also see that the probability for miscarriage and other complications rise dramatically beyond this age..  which supports the evolutionary pinpointing.

Now, modern medicine can overcome many of these hurdles for late moms.

However, it does not change the hard fact that the equipment only operates at peak efficiency for a short number of years.

Which is why youth is the most important currency, especially for females..

Where every bad boyfriend is a major waste of potential and resources..

/Tp4 crawls back into the cave..  #Ronery2016

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 03:36:39 »

I'm sure my 30s won't be as bad as my late 20s, this PhD is the worst thing I've ever done D; .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:05:10 »

FTFY ;)

In the wild.. Humans have been estimated to die around age 40.

So, assuming naturally that the female would've lived long enough to raise her child, she would require at least a 5 year window to rear a somewhat independent offspring.

40-5 = 35,   that means at the latest, natural evolution would've placed the final deadline for progenation at ~ age 35..

and we also see that the probability for miscarriage and other complications rise dramatically beyond this age..  which supports the evolutionary pinpointing.

Now, modern medicine can overcome many of these hurdles for late moms.

However, it does not change the hard fact that the equipment only operates at peak efficiency for a short number of years.

Which is why youth is the most important currency, especially for females..

Where every bad boyfriend is a major waste of potential and resources..

/Tp4 crawls back into the cave..  #Ronery2016

DAMN! Didn't see you replied last night haha.
I could argue about this all day but I won't lol.

I'm in a semi-decent mood today so I'll let tp4 be tp4 for once today.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:09:35 »
ok, this sounds awful, but you know when you buy a new car, and now it's a used car..  and the value is cut in half..

Ya, you're right. That does sound awful.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:12:36 »
ok, this sounds awful, but you know when you buy a new car, and now it's a used car..  and the value is cut in half..

Let's continue this analogie.

As long as the car is a Honda or Toyota.. we can still expect good useful lifetime out of it..

--so,  a well researched prospective car owner would understand that and still pick one up.

Despite the ever depreciating market value.

^^^^, yea that sounded even worse..   I am appalled

Offline iri

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:14:52 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:16:28 »

As long as the car is a Honda or Toyota.. we can still expect good useful lifetime out of it..

--so,  a well researched prospective car owner would understand that and still pick one up.

Have you ever heard of the term "objectification of women"?

Because you have mastered it to a degree I didn't think possible.  :))
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:17:32 »
...when all you do is babysit or wait for friends to find babysitters so you can do ****.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:21:40 »

30 is a big deal for females because they have been conditioned by society that they are less valuable of a sexual partner as they age, where as men are taught that they become more "distinguished" with age.

FTFY ;)

So?  Screw society.  Be happy for yourself.  Don't let someone else tell you that being alive for another year is suddenly apparently a terrible thing.

Society also conditions men to think similar things; just ignore them and move on with your life.  ^-^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:22:18 »

Have you ever heard of the term "objectification of women"?

Because you have mastered it to a degree I didn't think possible.  :))

Hahahahhaha..

I think usually.   

When we say.. A male objectifies a female..  it's some guy with a low level of empathy.. and therefore considers the female an-object which he can manipulate given a set of incentives..

Be assured that Tp4 has a great deal of empathy. The difference is, Tp4 has it under complete control, and a system of thought which can override all emotion, in cases where it is necessary to preserve logic.

Offline iri

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:24:39 »
"objectification of women"?
Yes. Even in space!

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:24:56 »

So?  Screw society.  Be happy for yourself.  Don't let someone else tell you that being alive for another year is suddenly apparently a terrible thing.

Society also conditions men to think similar things; just ignore them and move on with your life.  ^-^

Being happy to oneself is always of fashion..  but if you're the last chocolate bar left on the shelf, people won't buy it.

This may very well be a temporary fad..  and maybe 30yr olds will be the must-get of tomorrow..

I've merely outlined the -Now-

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 09:28:20 »

So if I'm understanding it right... You want us to date japanese girls only because they retain their resell value better?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 09:29:35 »

So if I'm understanding it right... You want us to date japanese girls only because they retain their resell value better?

ah... no?

you don't really need to resell old toyotas and hondas.. drive them till they die..

till death do us part baby ?

yes.. finally, this analogy has turned around.. Congratulations Tp4..

Thankyou  demik.

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 09:46:23 »

Why was I driving when this thread blew up? Lol

But really though, Hoff you continue to surprise me as being pretty much the nicest person to exist here.
Keep being cool. :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 09:47:54 »
It's a sham. He posts in full nazi dress to balance out the earth.

Also you're welcome tp. I don't know what I did but you're welcome.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 09:48:16 »
Because he's a modzi. Not because he hates people.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 09:53:30 »

I too am always weary of Hoff's nice-ness.

We don't know for sure if there is a devilish move in-play..

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 10:07:28 »

Hey, Hoff is my snapchat friend.
YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT MY FRIENDS LIKE THAT!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 10:13:14 »

Hey, Hoff is my snapchat friend.
YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT MY FRIENDS LIKE THAT!

Welcome to the Internet.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 10:15:08 »

I do hate people tho.  >:D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 10:19:29 »
Confirmed modzi