Author Topic: Poll: You skinny asian dudes who pound the rice daily ENLIST  (Read 2300 times)

Offline dante

Poll: You skinny asian dudes who pound the rice daily ENLIST
« on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 18:21:43 »
I'm trying to get an idea of how many calories from this stuff you're eating per day.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Poll: You skinny asian dudes who pound the rice daily ENLIST
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 18:24:38 »
I'm trying to get an idea of how many calories from this stuff you're eating per day.
Yeah. I totally read that differently.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 18:26:36 »
Tp4 eats 700 Rice, 800 Ramen, and 1000+ fats / protein

Oh, wait, I'm fat....

My father is skinny though, I estimate he only eats ~ 1800 all day,  1300 from white Rice.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 18:29:10 »
Most guys I know that eat a ton of rice usually pair it with a lot of vegetables and minimal meat. It's not like they're eating fried rice for every meal, so it's not a ton of calories. A roommate of mine in college ate rice twice a day and he was pretty skinny. I think it was because he didn't snack and eat a ton of other junk food during the day.

Personally, I hate rice unless it's prepared as a sweet dish like arroz con leche, sweet coconut rice with mango, or rice pudding. I ate it a lot while living in NYC, and I honestly started to lose my taste for it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 18:50:00 »
My old roommate was Malaysian and ate rice daily. Made an entire pot every morning and just ate that throughout the day.

He was also really fat though... welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 19:37:41 »
My old roommate was Malaysian and ate rice daily. Made an entire pot every morning and just ate that throughout the day.

He was also really fat though... welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you using that keyboard app for those guys?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 20:14:23 »

Depends on the type of rice also.  Rice is not a magic bullet.  Nothing is.  Calories in < Calories out.  It's a simple formula.  Yes, there's other considerations, but that's the simplest way to look at it.

Personally, I use Annie Chung's Sticky White Rice, and it's 320 per serving.  I add a bag of edamame on top of that to bring it up to 420.  I also eat animoto vegetable yakisoba to break it up... 250 there.  And I do Chobani Greek Yogurt.  And I exercise.  For a while, I was only doing the food stuff.  About 1200-1500 calories a day.  That alone didn't do it.  My metabolism adjusted.  I had to add in burning calories, and the weight dropped off.

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 22:19:22 »
not sure how to count the calories but usually i eat rice for lunch and dinner :blank:

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 23:02:53 »
**** dante i haven't seen u in a minute
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 01:19:30 »
I don't see how eating rice every day is different than other kind of carb ex: potatoes, pasta,...

Asians eat rice every day through the year, still some fat, some skinny, some neutral,... it's really not the problem here
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 01:21:31 »
I don't see how eating rice every day is different than other kind of carb ex: potatoes, pasta,...

Asians eat rice every day through the year, still some fat, some skinny, some neutral,... it's really not the problem here

Haha.. The hedonistic approach to lifestyles is the primary precursor to metabolic disorder..

Not sure there's a solution.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 01:54:37 »
I hardly eat any rice. it is too fattening.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 08:45:05 »
I hardly eat any rice. it is too fattening.

Eat this bowl of rice to replenish Asian Powers..

Quick, what is the integral of 2x(x^2−1)^4  ...

Offline dante

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 11:47:19 »
I think I have an eating disorder.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 12:44:23 »
I think I have an eating disorder.

Well.. here's the dilemma with eating disorders.

On the one hand,  you're Suppose-To feel good about eating..

However, given unlimited food in the first world,  this -Feel-Good- circuit path goes awry, because a person's natural SURVIVAL Decision-tree is designed to eat as much as possible RIGHT NOW, GO EAT, why are you NOT EATING..

The only way to escape this once you've gone down the spiral, is to replace it with a less detrimental alternative..

Whenever you feel the urge to eat-destress-feel-good..  go play some video game, or have a sugar free soda..

Offline dante

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 12:49:56 »
I think I need to see a nutritionist and most definitely a psychiatrist; but I haven't found anyone I could really say I respect.

I was on medifast for a few months and lost a ton of weight (70ish pounds) - but also got some cavities.  I can't seem to dig into myself to find that person again who was able to stick it out on 900 calories a day.

That person is gone.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 12:57:58 »
I think I need to see a nutritionist and most definitely a psychiatrist; but I haven't found anyone I could really say I respect.

I was on medifast for a few months and lost a ton of weight (70ish pounds) - but also got some cavities.  I can't seem to dig into myself to find that person again who was able to stick it out on 900 calories a day.

That person is gone.

Well, when people attempt large swings very quickly, it increases the possibility of equally powerful rebound actions..

This is the reason why they recommend slow-steps-down..

In my personal experience, it may never be the case that a person fully detach from deeply programmed physical responses, such as binge-eating, drugs, alcohol..

Even if relieved of for the moment, the possibility of going back to those things will always be the fall-back state.

The important action to take today, is to keep those things in the background, and start to nurture more productive habits..

What would those be,  ANYTHING else that you LIKE DOING.. with the exception of drugs and alcohol,  (in this case cupcakes, bacon, potato chips, icecream)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 13:18:44 »

That person is gone.

My recommendation would be to use an app like myfitnesspal, and set it up so that you are trying to lose 1-2pounds per week (a 500-1000 calorie deficit per day), then try and stick to it. For me, at -2 pounds /week, I can eat 1700 calories (-1000/day). I find this a realistic number that isnt too hard. At first though I started at -500 and worked my way down.