Author Topic: Phobias  (Read 10282 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Phobias
« on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 23:08:02 »
Do you guys have any phobias of any kind?

I'm deathly afraid of cockroaches, to the point of tears and yelling, running etc.. I just had one brush up against my foot a few hours ago and I made someone else go and kill it. I ended up getting angry at said person for playing around with it's body while it was stunned from the shoe...

I can remember a few times where I jumped up on furniture and I could feel my heart beating so fast...

This very last time, this cockroach was right next to my HHKB...

Why can't cockroaches just leave me alone...

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Phobias
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 23:09:18 »
Off Topic.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 23:09:48 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 23:12:15 »
ANTS
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 23:16:06 »
Being skunked. I go running at night, and I'm afraid of that more than getting jumped.

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 23:21:19 »
Clowns, no joke.
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 23:21:40 »
i live in constant fear that my desk chair will break in such a way that the gas cylinder underneath will propel the adjustable metal shaft upwards with all the force of its compressed air, explosively penetrating both the seat of the chair and myself

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 23:29:17 »
i live in constant fear that my desk chair will break in such a way that the gas cylinder underneath will propel the adjustable metal shaft upwards with all the force of its compressed air, explosively penetrating both the seat of the chair and myself

:-\  :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\ :-\

You poor, poor man
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 23:34:16 »

I'm deathly afraid of cockroaches, to the point of tears and yelling, running etc.. I just had one brush up against my foot a few hours ago and I made someone else go and kill it. I ended up getting angry at said person for playing around with it's body while it was stunned from the shoe...

I can remember a few times where I jumped up on furniture and I could feel my heart beating so fast...

I think my biggest fear in life is being alone in life.   

While I don't fear cockroaches,  they are probably the number one reason I refuse to live anywhere that doesn't have snow at least 3 months out of the year.  I do understand that latitude doesn't exempt me from them,  but drastically powers the chances.  As a kid my family used to visit relatives in Texas over Christmas break.  When we would get back, everything stayed in the back of the truck for two weeks just to freeze those damn things.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 23:51:31 »
I have Trypophobia.

Like Really bad trypophobia.

It's classified as a fear of holes.

but, they have to be a certain type. like for example..... holes on a sponge, holes from a cut bark of a tree. they also, mostly, have to be organic to trigger it. when it does, my body just goes in this weird shock like I feel it deep in my bones or something. oh, there's another one a cross section of bones where the marrow is.

If you are not familiar with this. a simple google search (worst mistake of my life) will show you.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 00:03:03 »
I have Trypophobia.

but, they have to be a certain type. like for example..... holes on a sponge, holes from a cut bark of a tree. they also, mostly, have to be organic to trigger it. when it does, my body just goes in this weird shock like I feel it deep in my bones or something. oh, there's another one a cross section of bones where the marrow is.

If you are not familiar with this. a simple google search (worst mistake of my life) will show you.

whomever wants to be a **** and post pictures of this.. i hope your children never learn to read. and if they already do, i hope they forget and never land a job.

i HATE cluster of holes also. **** just thinking of it is making me itchy.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 00:06:23 »
Gynophobia
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 00:52:57 »
I have Trypophobia.

whomever wants to be a **** and post pictures of this.. i hope your children never learn to read. and if they already do, i hope they forget and never land a job.

****. Didn't know you have it too demik. But seriously, please don't post any pictures of it. It will kill me.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 01:00:55 »
I have Trypophobia.

Then why do you spend so much time on GeekHack?
It's a massive cluster of A-holes.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 01:03:47 »
I have Trypophobia.

Then why do you spend so much time on GeekHack?
It's a massive cluster of A-holes.

10/10

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 01:04:24 »
Not sure if it's classified as a phobia or not but Misophonia.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 02:03:50 »
spiders
small spaces
very bright enclosed areas

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 02:04:47 »
Um... spiders...

Certain aliens

homework

and...... crypto viruses.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 14:42:32 »
Trypophobia

Offline Darkside

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 14:59:49 »

Let me make you even more paranoid! This is your warning to stop reading.

About 3 years ago, I was on my computer minding my own business with my foot resting against the wall. I suddenly felt a little tickle up my leg but I thought it was just my leg hair rubbing against my sweatpants. A few moments later, I felt it again a bit further up.. that's when I knew. I got out of my chair so fast and literally started beating the **** out of my leg to kill the cockroach LOL. A few beatings later and the dead cockroach falls out my pant leg. The only thing worse than a live cockroach is the smell of a dead cockroach, ugh. Mind you, this wasn't your teeny 1 inch roach. The suckers we have here are maybe 2-3 inches and they FLY. THEY ****ING FLY.

Anyway, after that whole ordeal I was fine but I had to take a shower because it the thought of roach guts flying around my leg disgusted me so much.

Come night time, I'm relaxing again, foot on wall again, and again I felt that familiar tickle. "No. ****ing. Way", I thought. **** ME THERE'S ANOTHER ****ING GIANT COCKROACH CRAWLING UP MY LEG AGAIN. This time I take off my pants and start stomping on that **** for like 5 minutes straight. I get my sweatpants and shake them out and, lo and behold, another giant cockroach falls out.

I no longer rest my feet on the walls.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 15:02:02 »

Let me make you even more paranoid! This is your warning to stop reading.

About 3 years ago, I was on my computer minding my own business with my foot resting against the wall. I suddenly felt a little tickle up my leg but I thought it was just my leg hair rubbing against my sweatpants. A few moments later, I felt it again a bit further up.. that's when I knew. I got out of my chair so fast and literally started beating the **** out of my leg to kill the cockroach LOL. A few beatings later and the dead cockroach falls out my pant leg. The only thing worse than a live cockroach is the smell of a dead cockroach, ugh. Mind you, this wasn't your teeny 1 inch roach. The suckers we have here are maybe 2-3 inches and they FLY. THEY ****ING FLY.

Anyway, after that whole ordeal I was fine but I had to take a shower because it the thought of roach guts flying around my leg disgusted me so much.

Come night time, I'm relaxing again, foot on wall again, and again I felt that familiar tickle. "No. ****ing. Way", I thought. **** ME THERE'S ANOTHER ****ING GIANT COCKROACH CRAWLING UP MY LEG AGAIN. This time I take off my pants and start stomping on that **** for like 5 minutes straight. I get my sweatpants and shake them out and, lo and behold, another giant cockroach falls out.

I no longer rest my feet on the walls.

Places to Visit:

Texas

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 15:07:21 »
I absolutely hate wasps and hornets.  I don't like bees either but they make honey which is delicious so they're aight, but wasps and hornets are ****ing awful creatures.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline pwade3

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 15:08:56 »
I think giant roaches are just karma for the "everything's bigger in Texas" bs, right? :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 15:09:29 »
I think giant roaches are just karma for the "everything's bigger in Texas" bs, right? :))

They got giant roaches in India and China too..

Anywhere that's hot and humid....  you got roaches..

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 15:09:39 »
I'm scared of girls. Can't talk to them. Can't look at them.
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 15:10:16 »

Really?

Offline pwade3

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 15:17:04 »

They got giant roaches in India and China too..

Anywhere that's hot and humid....  you got roaches..

Man, you don't have to kill the joke...

You guys ever deal with stink bugs though? They've been having a population boom or something in my area, I swear. Never even seen one till around a year ago, now they're super common. Hate em.

My first experience with one was sitting in the back of a sparsely populated lecture hall and feeling something on my neck. I grabbed it blindly and threw it (it didn't hit anybody). Couldn't figure out why the hell my hand/neck stunk till a few days later a friend called me freaking out to have me kill a stink bug in her apartment. Then I put 2 and 2 together.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 17:10:57 »
Gynophobia

you're not alone, meet:

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 14:36:23 »
Lol just googled trypophobia, I am unaffected by it but I can see why it's so scary for some.  I have a friend at school who has and he said it's an adaptation that happened because some things that are poisonous in nature have lots of holes.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 19:50:14 »
I fcking hate wasps so much. Possibly because when I was 2ish I got a whole wasp nest mad at me after I thought it was a good idea to throw a rock at it. Kinda scarred me for life, and despite being not being afraid of much else, I run like a puss every time I see a wasp nest.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 19:52:17 »
I have losing-my-hhkb-phobia
it's the fear of using cherry switches ever again
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 19:57:52 »
speaking of trypophobia, my gf got a second hand iphone 5C over the weekend. it came with a protective case, specifically one of these ones (warning: possible trigger i guess)

she said that the holes made her extremely uncomfortable. even when they aren't visible, she can feel them on the back

so she's using her old phone until she gets another case

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 20:07:17 »
Trypophobia -
I learned something today. Didn't know that this is a type of phobia. And demik having it. Does looking at a bare HHKB (without caps) gives you the jitters?

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 20:16:11 »
speaking of trypophobia, my gf got a second hand iphone 5C over the weekend. it came with a protective case, specifically one of these ones (warning: possible trigger i guess)

she said that the holes made her extremely uncomfortable. even when they aren't visible, she can feel them on the back

why not just take off the case..

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 20:20:22 »

Too scary man  :))

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 20:21:01 »

she's the clumsiest person i know

drops her phone all the time. her current phone (iphone 4) is completely smashed after numerous drops

my previous phone's screen broke after 1.5 years of no case, only because she dropped it while using it

this is why she's only upgrading to a 5C and not a 6

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 20:53:40 »
You will have a hard time looking for a replacement case for 5c. My sister had one and it took her ages to find a replacement 5c case. You probably need to hunt in some recycle shops.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 01:33:38 »

damn nmur, I share the same fear as you... especially after I saw there are incidents in China where there are people got injured in their rear due to those exploding seat's shaft....

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 01:47:18 »
we have a place in the woods were we spend alot of time in during summer,  When i wake up in the middle of the night and need to pee  i either have to walk outside to another house to reach the toilet or pee outside.

I wouldn't call it a phobia, but every time i stand outside peeing in the middle of the night, i always think there is a deer in the bushes which willl jump out  and stab me in the stomach with its antlers. Then i die with my <nasty word> in my hand  :p

And to be clear, its fregging pitch black every time. and its not stopping me from peeing where i want. Its just me who has vivid imagination :)

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 01:54:16 »
we have a place in the woods were we spend alot of time in during summer,  When i wake up in the middle of the night and need to pee  i either have to walk outside to another house to reach the toilet or pee outside.

I wouldn't call it a phobia, but every time i stand outside peeing in the middle of the night, i always think there is a deer in the bushes which willl jump out  and stab me in the stomach with its antlers. Then i die with my <nasty word> in my hand  :p

And to be clear, its fregging pitch black every time. and its not stopping me from peeing where i want. Its just me who has vivid imagination :)

Set up some solar powered lights out there man, That would freak me out if I had to walk out into the pitch black woods too.  :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 02:02:30 »

damn nmur, I share the same fear as you... especially after I saw there are incidents in China where there are people got injured in their rear due to those exploding seat's shaft....

But... But...

I don't see how this could happen..

there's usually a metal plate in the way,  then the chair plate (usually wood),

I just don't see how the cylinder explosion can get through all of that..

It would have to be a chair with no metal plate and no base plate..

I think this might be tabloid news.. 

Damn, no more mythbusters..

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 02:05:32 »
Just don't buy really ****ty office chairs, I would say. I can't even find one report outside of China and some of the reports are rather dubious at best.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 02:06:01 »
I have Trypophobia.

uggh.  i had no idea and did a web search of this and wtf those horrible images... aieee.

i also hate roaches and pretty much all other bugs.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 02:07:48 »

But... But...

nsfw
More

it's on the internet so it must be true

the real worry is low quality chairs though. there's a couple around the office that people insist on sitting on

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 02:09:17 »
I fcking hate wasps so much. Possibly because when I was 2ish I got a whole wasp nest mad at me after I thought it was a good idea to throw a rock at it. Kinda scarred me for life, and despite being not being afraid of much else, I run like a puss every time I see a wasp nest.
I agree. Wasps are ****s!!

I've been stung six or seven times, and my dad's highly allergic to them.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline rurushu

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 02:09:59 »

But... But...

nsfw
More

it's on the internet so it must be true

the real worry is low quality chairs though. there's a couple around the office that people insist on sitting on

http://business.asiaone.com/news/woman-badly-injured-exploding-computer-chair

the fear is real....

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 02:10:07 »
what's the name for the phobia of having your Clack dirtied by pens or oily fingers? There must be a name, surely..

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 02:12:06 »
what's the name for the phobia of having your Clack dirtied by pens or oily fingers? There must be a name, surely..

clackmysophobia

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 02:17:53 »

clackmysophobia
lol, it might not just be related to Clack. What about Bro Caps? KWK? This phobia is real!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 02:21:22 »
I'll tell you what I'm not scared of: Not being totally awesome all the time!