Author Topic: Lucid Cases  (Read 2992 times)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Lucid Cases
« on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 10:22:09 »
I did a search on http://lucidcases.com, but didn't find anything.

I the following e-mail from input club about lucid cases and the giveaway they're having of a golden ticket that entitles you to a K-Type for free.

We are doing a fun giveaway for mechanical keyboard enthusiasts!

Lucid Cases runs a monthly box service for the mechanical keyboard community. Last month was their first month and in the boxes was a keycap puller, MX themed sticker, a novelty keycap, a  r/mk keycap, a purple zealio, and links to ~20 exclusive downloadable wallpapers.

Orders for next months box close in one week. One Lucid Cases box going out in May will have a Golden Ticket allowing you to get a K-Type for free when we launch it.

This seemed like such a fun idea that we wanted to contribute a keyboard giveaway for the second month. This may not be for everyone, but for the people who are incredibly involved in the online keyboard community, we hope you enjoy this game of chance!

Sounds like one of those geek boxes that are so popular.  If you don't know what geek boxes are, check out this article for a sampling of 20(!)

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Lucid Cases
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 10:56:22 »
Last month was their first month and in the boxes was a keycap puller, MX themed sticker, a novelty keycap, a  r/mk keycap, a purple zealio, and links to ~20 exclusive downloadable wallpapers.

LOL, that's it?  For $20?  Even if I cared about novelty caps, never in a million years would I willing participate in that rip-off.  **** those guys

Offline lekashman

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 13:05:06 »
Here is a link to their site - https://www.lucidcases.com/

We wanted to support a new person in the keyboard community trying to do something fun. This is only their second month, and they only have about a dozen subscribers. Lucid Cases is very clearly not doing it for the money, he's doing it because he loves keyboards and that is precisely the sort of person we want to support.

If you have any other ideas for community oriented giveaways on the K-Type I'm all ears by the way, if this one doesn't romance you enough.

Offline joey

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 13:09:29 »
Here is a link to their site - https://www.lucidcases.com/

We wanted to support a new person in the keyboard community trying to do something fun. This is only their second month, and they only have about a dozen subscribers. Lucid Cases is very clearly not doing it for the money, he's doing it because he loves keyboards and that is precisely the sort of person we want to support.

If you have any other ideas for community oriented giveaways on the K-Type I'm all ears by the way, if this one doesn't romance you enough.
The first box looked to have contents <$5, so I find it hard to believe he's not in it for the money!

Offline lekashman

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 13:26:03 »
Here's the post on what he is planning for this month, plus what he's doing for any 12 month subscribers.

"This month I'm planning to have the poster, 2 or 3 novelty caps, a metal puller, a rare/unique switch, and some more wallpapers/something else digital. Also, all the 12 month subscribers get a DIY kit, with a new piece every month. I'm planning on having the AMJ40."

Source - https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4gwf77/photos_cool_new_mx_poster_design_what_do_you/d2ljdk0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 13:55:30 »
I'm 100% certain this will come with crummy stuff just like ALL THE OTHER businesses of this type..

Getting a box for the box's sake..

You're essentially telling people, Hey, I don't know what I want,  You figure it out for me..

What are the odds that someone who knows nothing about you will make a better decision.. 

100% garbage business..   Literally, they send you New-In-Box-GARBAGE....

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 14:22:58 »
I think it's a good option for the non-social type.  It's like getting a gift from a distant friend or relative who doesn't know exactly what you're in to but knows a category and guesses.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 18:46:18 »
I'm 100% certain this will come with crummy stuff just like ALL THE OTHER businesses of this type..

Getting a box for the box's sake..

You're essentially telling people, Hey, I don't know what I want,  You figure it out for me..

What are the odds that someone who knows nothing about you will make a better decision.. 

100% garbage business..   Literally, they send you New-In-Box-GARBAGE....

I don't think all are,  it just depends on how good their system and selection are.   They are not going to be able to satisfy all the time,  they just have to satisfy a large enough cross section

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 23:24:03 »
I'll do monthly random boxes for things I don't care enough about to know what I want. For keyboards 99% of the things out there are garbage to me and I have to pick what I want.
Just kidding. If I don't care about something enough to know about it I won't care to spend money on it.

Okay maybe clothes. I know there is a service like this for clothing. One day maybe.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline RyuShinEX

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 23:33:36 »
any unboxing of the first case?