Author Topic: Anyone see the Warcraft movie yet  (Read 1506 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Anyone see the Warcraft movie yet
« on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:45:16 »
The word on the early showings is it's terrible.

What a let down after all these years, I'll probably still see it as an ex- Warcrack addict but it's disappointing what story line they decided to go with and the reviews it's getting.

Could've been epic :(

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Anyone see the Warcraft movie yet
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:50:49 »
Looked pretty awesome, and I've never played the games. It's actually kinda shocking to hear it's been getting bad reviews.

Also, who was it? io9? I think they said something about the curse of bad video game movies. Pff. Mortal Kombat was amazing considering what little source material it had. To this day I find it super entertaining and the music and fighting get me pumped.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:54:48 »
Looked pretty awesome, and I've never played the games. It's actually kinda shocking to hear it's been getting bad reviews.

Also, who was it? io9? I think they said something about the curse of bad video game movies. Pff. Mortal Kombat was amazing considering what little source material it had. To this day I find it super entertaining and the music and fighting get me pumped.

The first MK movie isn't bad. The rest of them though....

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 13:02:20 »

The first MK movie isn't bad. The rest of them though....

"them"? There were more than just the sequel?!
(Agreed on the sequel, though.)

Offline nugglets

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 13:11:28 »
I only read a couple of reviews and they both said that the story was solid, but the character makeups, settings and CGI couldn't stand up to it.

They made it sound like the seriousness of the story was cheapened by mediocre acting and effects... which honestly sounds like "film" critics faulting something for being high fantasy yet again.

I'm not even a WoW fan and I'll probably still go see it. I'm sure it will be entertaining, at least.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 13:16:13 »
BroCaps pointed out to me about the shoulderpads not being HUGE, completely ruined the immersion
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 13:19:27 »
BroCaps pointed out to me about the shoulderpads not being HUGE, completely ruined the immersion

better?

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 13:40:03 »
well of course it's terrible.. How could it possibly be good .. it's warcraft.. did you guys even play the game.. ?

All theses games have the most generic storylines..